Is there an advantage in buying the alcohol package before cruise?

Since the price is so cheap I will be buying the $35 package and wondering if there is any advantage in buying it before the cruise?

Thanks!

Only advantage that comes to mind is that if they raise the price after you purchase it online, they usually honor the price in effect when you purchased.

I am doing a TA - we don't leave until 6pm, have one seaday then a very long day in Malaga so I'm waiting until the next day to buy mine. Just don't see the value in paying for the first three days especially as we will have our two bottles of wine allowance.

OP......just wanted to be sure you know it's $35 "per day"......

There have been some posters who were all excited about their cheap package until they realized it was a per day price.

Hope you have a great cruise!!!

We are waiting to purchase our beverage package on board, so we can put our onboard credit towards it. Otherwise we would usually buy it ahead of time to save time on the ship. Does anyone know an easy way to purchase it on the ship without standing in lines?

We are waiting to purchase our beverage package on board, so we can put our onboard credit towards it. Otherwise we would usually buy it ahead of time to save time on the ship. Does anyone know an easy way to purchase it on the ship without standing in lines?

I believe they sell the packages at all the bars.

Nope...the price is the same,whether you buy now or later.

Not always. When we booked our Rhapsody cruise a month out, the Ultimate package was AU$84, two weeks before departure date it rose to AU$99. We waited until we were on board, as we wanted to see what the individual drinks prices were like before deciding whether to buy a package. The price on board was US$67 which included gratuities, about AU$85-88 depending on what the exchange rate was on the day it went through on my credit card.