Beer at Bars

jamesnnb

Other than the new SeaWitch craft beer, what beers are served at the bars? Is that the only craft beer? What bottled beer? If anyone remembers.

Some are:

Bud and Bud Light

Stella draft

Miller and Miller Light

Dos Equis

Becks

Fosters

Bass Ale

Grolsch

Guinnes

Coors & Coors Light

I am cruising on Emerald in July, it looks like 14 nights drinking Bass :(

ps - the new Britannia has 70 different beers - come on Princess

Mix the Bass Ale with the Stella draft 50/50. It's really rather good and it will at least give you a change-up now and then while waiting on Ports.

Bass is ... ... drinkable.

I agree that Princess doesn't seem to comprehend the meaning of the word "beer". My wife and I are beer snobs. :rolleyes:

For a number of years I made beer and it was truly wonderful stuff. Micro brews and good imports were expensive and hard to find so I made my own. These days there is an abundance of excellent beer but it isn't available on Princess ships.

We tried the Seawitch on one of our last cruises. It was closer to beer but not something to get excited about and definitely not worth the price onboard.

Bass is ... ... drinkable.

I agree that Princess doesn't seem to comprehend the meaning of the word "beer". My wife and I are beer snobs. :rolleyes:

For a number of years I made beer and it was truly wonderful stuff. Micro brews and good imports were expensive and hard to find so I made my own. These days there is an abundance of excellent beer but it isn't available on Princess ships.

We tried the Seawitch on one of our last cruises. It was closer to beer but not something to get excited about and definitely not worth the price onboard.

In The British Pubs on the Voyager/ Freedom/ Oasis class ships, RCI now has 60 beers, mostly in bottles ( about 3-4 on draft) , but at least they have FINALLY gotten some decent beers..recently ( Oct) on the Oasis, I had a Carlsburg, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Fuller's ESB, Pilsner Urquell, & Brooklyn Brown Ale..not bad after the last 10 years all they had for an "exotic" beer was Heineken or Corona..I, too, am a beer snob, and when someone says to me ,"Bud, Bud Light, Coors, or Miller Lite", I say "a glass of Cabernet, please"..lol, but true!

Big Al

P.S.- If you live in the U.S., and have "The Yardhouse" restaurant near you, GO-they have 135 beers on draft from all over the world..their beer menu is 3 pages long! Also great Happy Hour 3-6 PM with 50% off appetizers & less $$ for beer..both the ones near me are 20 miles away, but when I'm near there , I go!!

Boddington Pub Ale (can)

Princess should be ashamed - vile stuff.

My mate and I have an automatic mantra when visiting English pubs - "Anything But Boddingtons"........................

With so many great British real ales available it's embarrassing to find this on a Princess vessel.

There are also a bunch of very acceptable American pale ales around.

In The British Pubs on the Voyager/ Freedom/ Oasis class ships, RCI now has 60 beers, mostly in bottles ( about 3-4 on draft) , but at least they have FINALLY gotten some decent beers..recently ( Oct) on the Oasis, I had a Carlsburg, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Fuller's ESB, Pilsner Urquell, & Brooklyn Brown Ale..not bad after the last 10 years all they had for an "exotic" beer was Heineken or Corona..I, too, am a beer snob, and when someone says to me ,"Bud, Bud Light, Coors, or Miller Lite", I say "a glass of Cabernet, please"..lol, but true!

The seawitch is a really good beer.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is made here in Chico where I live. While it is the most well known of the beers made by Sierra Nevada (first to be exported) it is far from the best beer they make. Of course many of the best beers they make are only available in the brew pub here in town but they do also bottle quite a few beers that both my wife and I vastly prefer to the Pale Ale. It may interest you to know that Pale Ale is made in two slightly different "formulas". One is for bottling and the other is for kegs. They "drink" differently. I am sooooooooooo fortunate Ken Grossman and Paul Camusi decided to drop out of college and pursue brewing here in Chico. :)

Note: As of 2012 Sierra Nevada Brewing Company was the 7th largest brewing company in the United States and their Pale Ale was the second-best selling craft beer in the United States, behind the Boston Beer Company's Samuel Adams Boston Lager - Wikipedia

Seawitch is better than most other beers served on Princess but doesn't qualify (to us) as a "really good beer". As I said earlier, my wife and I are "beer snobs". ;)

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is made here in Chico where I live. While it is the most well known of the beers made by Sierra Nevada (first to be exported) it is far from the best beer they make. Of course many of the best beers they make are only available in the brew pub here in town but they do also bottle quite a few beers that both my wife and I vastly prefer to the Pale Ale. It may interest you to know that Pale Ale is made in two slightly different "formulas". One is for bottling and the other is for kegs. They "drink" differently. I am sooooooooooo fortunate Ken Grossman and Paul Camusi decided to drop out of college and pursue brewing here in Chico. :)

Note: As of 2012 Sierra Nevada Brewing Company was the 7th largest brewing company in the United States and their Pale Ale was the second-best selling craft beer in the United States, behind the Boston Beer Company's Samuel Adams Boston Lager - Wikipedia

Seawitch is better than most other beers served on Princess but doesn't qualify (to us) as a "really good beer". As I said earlier, my wife and I are "beer snobs". ;)

Never said Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was the best beer they make- All I said was after Heineken & Corona, it was nice to get a SNPE on draft..what would you drink if your choices were Bud, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken OR Sierra Nevada? I would take the latter any day in a heartbeat!!Sam Adams Winter Lager is another fav -on draft only...you will not get too many high end craft beers on draft on cruise ships, although Celebrity has some nice ones now in the Maltings Bar ( 10 on draft)...

Never said Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was the best beer they make- All I said was after Heineken & Corona, it was nice to get a SNPE on draft..what would you drink if your choices were Bud, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken OR Sierra Nevada? I would take the latter any day in a heartbeat!!Sam Adams Winter Lager is another fav -on draft only...you will not get too many high end craft beers on draft on cruise ships, although Celebrity has some nice ones now in the Maltings Bar ( 10 on draft)...

Given those choices I would either drink the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or possibly Bulleit Bourbon or Bulleit Rye. :)