Cost of Unlimited Laundry

DoorCounty

Call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and ask what the cost will be for your cruise.

A couple of weeks, someone here called Ship Services and bought the unlimited package for $7 per day for their European cruise.

On ZU I paid $7/day ($105) 2 days before sailing by calling Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576. On the ship it was $9/day ($135).

I'm really interested in this. We are planning on doing the Magic of the Mediterranean cruise in 2017 (if it's provided) with our three kids. Is it $7 per day per cabin? We will be getting connecting cabins so do you think we could get the unlimited for the main cabin and use it for both - or is that just really naughty? I don't mind paying for both - I'm just wondering what is the normal practice.

I was doing laundry every night on our December cruise and it was a flaming nuisance. It would super nice to not have to worry about it.

The price is per cabin and not per person. I think technically you should be paying double but maybe you won't have to, after all a cabin could fit four and it would be only one extra. I know of another family of five that had two cabins (on different floors) and they were told by a room steward to just put it all in the one bag so they only paid the one fee.

We will be getting connecting cabins so do you think we could get the unlimited for the main cabin and use it for both - or is that just really naughty?

Since the price is "per cabin", and you have two cabins, then yes, you should be paying for both. To do otherwise is "really naughty", which you already know.

We found the laundry package to be one of our favorite options on our 14-day O-dam cruise. Sent out a lot of laundry the first day as we had been on vacation the week before the cruise. Sent out stuff every day so, by the end of the cruise, we took home suitcases full of clean a pressed clothes. I was able to have ironed underwear for the week or so after we got home. As a matter of fact, some of my clothing still has those pink laundry labels still inside as a reminder of our cruise.

Another observation of the HAL laundry deal is they use heavy duty fabric laundry bags. You can cram a LOT of stuff into them each time, especially valuable if you're using laundry on a one-shot basis. Some other lines use paper bags which seriously limit how much you can get washed per bag. Some of our laundry bags felt like bricks by the time we sent them out.

We found the laundry package to be one of our favorite options on our 14-day O-dam cruise. Sent out a lot of laundry the first day as we had been on vacation the week before the cruise. Sent out stuff every day so, by the end of the cruise, we took home suitcases full of clean a pressed clothes. I was able to have ironed underwear for the week or so after we got home. As a matter of fact, some of my clothing still has those pink laundry labels still inside as a reminder of our cruise.

Another observation of the HAL laundry deal is they use heavy duty fabric laundry bags. You can cram a LOT of stuff into them each time, especially valuable if you're using laundry on a one-shot basis. Some other lines use paper bags which seriously limit how much you can get washed per bag. Some of our laundry bags felt like bricks by the time we sent them out.

We too get a lot of use out of the unlimited laundry when we arrive onboard as it takes us a while to get to the embarkation port. I sometimes wonder if the steward thinks we've brought laundry from home :D

Once home, I keep the laundry tags on until they fall off. Finding one on something I am about to wear is always a nice reminder of a cruise.

I'm really interested in this. We are planning on doing the Magic of the Mediterranean cruise in 2017 (if it's provided) with our three kids. Is it $7 per day per cabin? We will be getting connecting cabins so do you think we could get the unlimited for the main cabin and use it for both - or is that just really naughty? I don't mind paying for both - I'm just wondering what is the normal practice.

I was doing laundry every night on our December cruise and it was a flaming nuisance. It would super nice to not have to worry about it.

Yes, it would be really naughty and don't think it will pass unnoticed should you try to slip it through.

I know that laundry slips are reviewed as the crew/officers are well aware that some people will pay for one cabin and then try to slip through all their family that may be in other cabins.

I can't imagine how embarrassing it would be for someone to wish to chat about how two adults have so much laundry and particularly that it appears some is for children..... you know, the folks in the cabin next door to you??? :o Let's not insult the intelligence of the Officers and crew. They've been at this a long time. :D :)

The "normal" practice is to pay what everyone else pays ... $7.00 per day PER CABIN :rolleyes:

How does the unlimited laundry package compare to what 4 star mariners get?

Roy

The 4* unlimited was paid for over many, many years of cruising. ;)

Otherwise, there's no difference.

We will be getting connecting cabins so do you think we could get the unlimited for the main cabin and use it for both - or is that just really naughty?
What you could do is get the unlimited for whichever cabin will be generating the most laundry and use the stuff-a-bag option for the other cabin. Or just use stuff-a-bag exclusively and nobody will care what goes in from which cabin. Edited by catl331

What you could do is get the unlimited for whichever cabin will be generating the most laundry and use the stuff-a-bag option for the other cabin. Or just use stuff-a-bag exclusively and nobody will care what goes in from which cabin.

This is an excellent suggestion. I had no idea the stuff-a-bag was an option. Thank you for taking the time to post something constructive and beneficial.

The 4* unlimited was paid for over many, many years of cruising. ;)

Otherwise, there's no difference.

Thanks, it's nice to know my unlimited laundry is "paid for". I won't get it until after the Prinsendam, but at least all but my formal shirts will be free there.

Roy

Yes, it would be really naughty and don't think it will pass unnoticed should you try to slip it through.

I know that laundry slips are reviewed as the crew/officers are well aware that some people will pay for one cabin and then try to slip through all their family that may be in other cabins.

I can't imagine how embarrassing it would be for someone to wish to chat about how two adults have so much laundry and particularly that it appears some is for children..... you know, the folks in the cabin next door to you??? :o Let's not insult the intelligence of the Officers and crew. They've been at this a long time. :D :)

I'm sorry Sail, but agree with you in everything except the naughty part..

In my opinion it is not naughty it is stealing! :mad: I can't imagine any one would even consider this.. What a wonderful way to teach children how to scam the supplier! :mad:

How else do we make cheating and stealing generational but to pass it along to the young 'uns? :rolleyes: If children see their parents doing inappropriate or illegal things, that is what they learn is okay,,,,,,, in many (not all) cases.

Bless your hearts! I bet you girls sure have a mighty fine view from up there on your high horses! You are just too precious!

:)

As post #7 says, sometimes families are encouraged to put everything in just one bag, especially when the extra might only be a couple of tshirts. And another poster has been kind enough to post other options which will work well for us.

It's all a learning curve isn't it?

And speaking of which, I must leave his topic here as I have to finish plotting out my lesson plans for getting the kids from the petty crime of stealing from cruise lines (by putting a Tshirt in their parents laundry bag) to the much more lucrative work of pulling off bank heists. After all, if that is the inevitable path I am setting their little feet on then we might as well be logical and structured about it. :D

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

Bless your hearts! I bet you girls sure have a mighty fine view from up there on your high horses! You are just too precious!

:)

As post #7 says, sometimes families are encouraged to put everything in just one bag, especially when the extra might only be a couple of tshirts. And another poster has been kind enough to post other options which will work well for us.

Let's be honest here! It was not suggested to put a couple of t-shirts in a bag.. It was suggested that you should combine 2 cabins (5 people) & pay for only one cabin .. That in my mind is totally dishonest, no matter what a Steward once suggested to another poster! I'm also convinced that the steward who suggested this, was hoping for an additional large tip!

It's all a learning curve isn't it?

Yes you are correct it is a learning curve!

And speaking of which, I must leave his topic here as I have to finish plotting out my lesson plans for getting the kids from the petty crime of stealing from cruise lines (by putting a Tshirt in their parents laundry bag) to the much more lucrative work of pulling off bank heists. After all, if that is the inevitable path I am setting their little feet on then we might as well be logical and structured about it. :D

I really don't think it's a laughing matter & can't even understand how someone would even think of something like this.. I work with children on a weekly basis at school & am amazed what they tell us!..

Edited by serendipity1499

When speaking of teaching children right from wrong, honesty vs dishonesty becomes "High Horse" we have very serious problems.......... Is that where we are headed? If children think it is okay to steal or cheat on little things, where and how do they learn it is not okay to cheat or steal for anything. Where do 'bank robbers' as you put it, learn it's okay to do that?