Next promotion

mnjcruiser

What happens when you miss a port because of weather?

Old promo is better, plus price went up for the cruise (almost $1000 for a balcony for 4). Oh well, should have booked it yesterday...luckily I have 9 more months of watching prices and promos.

I am so glad I booked last month! I checked today and the fare went up in my category by $500 per person. With a family of four it makes a huge difference, I would be staying home! We don't usually do shore excursions, so I am relieved that I booked in March... Another plus is that I will get three latitudes points per night for ten nights, which sends me soaring into Gold status. Really, that discounted bag of laundry is looking mighty awesome ;)

My next booking also went up by $400,the website still says 3rd passenger is free for my sail date, but when a mock booking is done my daughter is now paying a $400 fare plus port fees(previously just port fees)

*Living large one week at a time*

As to the question, "Why advertise the promotion is ending?" It did end. The old promotion ended; the new promotion is different. Different how? The old promotion offered OnBoard Credit, that's gone and the new one offers port excursion credits. The one before that was also different, it didn't include free gratuities. It doesn't matter that all included some elements that remained the same; as long as they change something, it's considered a new promotion.

As to value -- someone pointed out that "free prepaid gratuities" is a real value. That's absolutely true, because unless you are so tacky as to have the DSC removed, you WILL be paying it in addition to your cruise, increasing the overall bottom line cost. Choosing the free DSC will LOWER the cost of your cruise by $12.95 per day, per person, or more than $181 for a 7 day cruise for 2 guests.

The other promotions are more dependent on your cruise habits. If you don't drink, the UBP is worthless. If you prefer the MDR and never dine in the specialties, the UDP is worthless. If you prefer to do your own thing in the ports and don't buy ship excursions, the port excursion credit is worthless. If you don't buy anything on board, the OBC is worthless. But, the free DSC will always save you money.

NCL can never "nickle and dime" me; we don't drink, prefer the MDR, arrange private excursions, don't have photos taken, don't use the spa and rarely buy anything on board. We cruise to have our meals served, our beds made and our towels picked up, to be entertained each evening, to meet new and interesting friends and to see new places.

But, we do have to pay the DSC. I leaped on the free DSC when it was offered.

Maybe NCL hasn't completely updated their website yet, but did a dummy booking to check and see prices, and they are giving a "choice" of Shore Excursion Credit or Onboard Credit....no mention of UBP or UDP

Automatically get free or half price 3rd & 4th stateroom guests plus apply any promo code below for a bonus offer!

Shore Excursion Credits

Promo Code: CHOSHOX

Free Onboard Credit

Promo Code: CHOO

Haven and Suites automatically get all amenities. If you pick a Haven or Suite you do not need to apply a promo code.

Insides and Studios automatically get onboard credit and are not eligible for Prepaid Gratuities, the Beverage Packages, or the Dining packages.

Oceanviews, Balconies, Spa Staterooms, and Mini-Suites get to choose any one of the above offers!

I am so glad I booked last month! I checked today and the fare went up in my category by $500 per person. With a family of four it makes a huge difference, I would be staying home! We don't usually do shore excursions, so I am relieved that I booked in March... Another plus is that I will get three latitudes points per night for ten nights, which sends me soaring into Gold status. Really, that discounted bag of laundry is looking mighty awesome ;)

Ours is up $1200 for 4 people and that's not including the difference in value of the UBP promo vs the shore excursion credit. We booked in February for next Feb. while it was still KSF for our date (now down to 1/2 off).

Maybe NCL hasn't completely updated their website yet, but did a dummy booking to check and see prices, and they are giving a "choice" of Shore Excursion Credit or Onboard Credit....no mention of UBP or UDP

Same here, all morning.

My advice to anybody booking (especially a near-term cruise inside penalty) would be to wait and make sure you know what the terms are for the current promo. Not clear yet (to me) what it will be.

Yeah, it's wild! I checked yesterday just to compare and bam! Huge difference! This will be our first time in a suite, so we have all four promos. I'm going to use the OBC to buy a FCC, so i do prefer the last promo. Now I just need to make it thru the next 340 days until we go!

Same here, all morning.

My advice to anybody booking (especially a near-term cruise inside penalty) would be to wait and make sure you know what the terms are for the current promo. Not clear yet (to me) what it will be.

I agree with you Sundercruiser, recent events have left me a bit skeptical regarding taking anything for granted.

Weird - the Terms and Conditions in the email I received for WAVE 15 include UDP, UBP, Shore Excursions, Pre-Paid Gratuities, Onboard Credit Offer and F&F Savings but when I try to book only OBC and shore excursion promo codes are available. I hope they just haven't finished updating the website.

T&C's also say under the UDP "Does not include embarkation day performance."

Another change I noticed.....first line of the T&C's " *Valid on 3+ day sailings, except Norwegian Sky 2016 sailings forward." (Feb T&C just says "Valid on 3+ sailings.")

Edited by peg013

Automatically get free or half price 3rd & 4th stateroom guests plus apply any promo code below for a bonus offer!

Shore Excursion Credits

Promo Code: CHOSHOX

Free Onboard Credit

Promo Code: CHOO

Haven and Suites automatically get all amenities. If you pick a Haven or Suite you do not need to apply a promo code.

Insides and Studios automatically get onboard credit and are not eligible for Prepaid Gratuities, the Beverage Packages, or the Dining packages.

Oceanviews, Balconies, Spa Staterooms, and Mini-Suites get to choose any one of the above offers!

I'm thinking (hoping?) it's a glitch since they specifically mention the other options right there in the terms. I'm loving the new options, as I'm planning an Alaska cruise with my parents next year. Drinks for me, shore credit for them! Win, win

The T&C for the shore excursion benefit says up to seven ports ($575) so it's not for EVERY port. And, you have to book the SE by calling or waiting until you're on board so if you wait for on board you might miss an excursion you want due to its popularity. Between the increased cruise cost and lost of OBC $575 is not worth rebooking.

My head is a little bit shaken this morning, my fists is flexing a bit and it's not a physio-motor response :D :eek: to catching up on the typical email that go direct into the spam folder (far too many of them daily) :rolleyes:

ShoreEx are often capacity-controlled - except on our same old milky runs, the only port we get off is if the ship can tender at GSC.

CCL and RCI trying just as hard to get our attention, so is our indepenent TA - I'm not going to be hyper-excited by this :p (bothered, not a all)

Ladies & gentlemen, girls & boys, congratulations - we are all unwillingly or willingly part of NCLH's latest pilot, testing, experiment and marketing trial - we have a red alert before final payment due date to cancel - and it is still 200+ days out. Don't sweat it - only got one FCR remaining.

Edited by mking8288

I was getting ready to post, "Free Gratuities Promotion, you read it here first!" I just went to NCL's website to check pricing on a cruise, and dang if it isn't on the promo list. I should have played the lottery last night.

I was getting ready to post, "Free Gratuities Promotion, you read it here first!" I just went to NCL's website to check pricing on a cruise, and dang if it isn't on the promo list. I should have played the lottery last night.

New promo starting today is obviously still a work in progress on website. Earlier this morning only promo options for Breakaway 10//09/2016 were Shore Excursions and OBC. They have now been joined by CHOG Free Stateroom Gratuities ... Dining and Drink not showing up yet. Price for 4 is exactly what it was yesterday but you have to choose a stateroom category before the 3rd and 4th passenger cruise rate changes to $0.