Allure dry dock?

When is Allure's dry dock, please? Will she be fitted with the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen on deck 17 like Oasis?

Allure's dry dock is scheduled for next month. Royal has not publically revealed specific plans for the dry dock.

Allure's dry dock is scheduled for next month. Royal has not publically revealed specific plans for the dry dock.

Their website does have deck/cabin plans that have dates before and after the drydock.

Just off Allure yesterday. Per the Captain and Hotel Director, they are adding more suites, suite only restaurant, moving izumi down to the private dining area inorder to expand the windjammer seating, setting up the dynamic dining arrangements (although wont be active until at least 4th quarter), carpeting, changing ritas to sabor, and some other arrangements. She crosses next week then drydock.

Their website does have deck/cabin plans that have dates before and after the drydock.

Yes, but there´s no change in the deck plans except for different cabin categories. Even the new cabins which will be built in (like the new GS instead of the secret balconies) are not in the deck plans valid May 19th and later.

steamboats

That's too bad they're dirching Rita's. We really enjoyed the foods, drinks, atmosphere, and concept. An "interactive" restaurant was a brilliant idea,
Agree, one of my favorite pay venues. We not only did the Fiesta but also went a few time during the cruise for lunch. Loved the food! Going to miss it in January :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Just off Allure yesterday. Per the Captain and Hotel Director, they are adding more suites, suite only restaurant, moving izumi down to the private dining area inorder to expand the windjammer seating, setting up the dynamic dining arrangements (although wont be active until at least 4th quarter), carpeting, changing ritas to sabor, and some other arrangements. She crosses next week then drydock.

Boo, I enjoyed Ritas when I sailed on her before.

That's too bad they're dirching Rita's. We really enjoyed the foods, drinks, atmosphere, and concept. An "interactive" restaurant was a brilliant idea,

Having eaten at Sabor two times on Oasis last fall and just last month returned to Rita's, 2 times on our B2B, Sabor wins hands down. Yes there is no Fiesta, but the quality of the food is so much better.

...setting up the dynamic dining arrangements (although wont be active until at least 4th quarter),

Wonder if "setting up dynamic dining arrangements" means changing the main dining rooms into the 3 different concepts?

Wonder if "setting up dynamic dining arrangements" means changing the main dining rooms into the 3 different concepts?

As redecorating the three decks of the MDR can only be done during dry dock it´s pretty likely that this will happen. You can´t block off one deck of the MDR during a regular cruise to redecorate it...

steamboats

Yes, its obvious that such a massive undertaking would occur only during drydock. Will be interested to see what they do; the changes and pushbacks on the dining programs just made me curious frankly IF that would occur.

At any rate, we will know after drydock.

Having eaten at Sabor two times on Oasis last fall and just last month returned to Rita's, 2 times on our B2B, Sabor wins hands down. Yes there is no Fiesta, but the quality of the food is so much better.

Fiesta was a waste, especially if you have a drink plan. Food was good, but i would have rather tried the red snapper for lunch on the ala carte plan.

Viking Crown lounge is being eliminated and converted to suites. the "secret balconies" were closed off after the 3rd day of the cruise after easter, terrible that they couldnt wait another week to put up the walls!

Fiesta was a waste, especially if you have a drink plan. Food was good, but i would have rather tried the red snapper for lunch on the ala carte plan.

Viking Crown lounge is being eliminated and converted to suites. the "secret balconies" were closed off after the 3rd day of the cruise after easter, terrible that they couldnt wait another week to put up the walls!

Seriously the Viking Crown Lounge is going away?

:( feels bad man. That was one of my favorite venues on the ship

Curious about renovations. I am going 15 Oct. Dining and most shows open. Sabor is a selection, main dining room is an option every night, no mention of dynamic dining, and no Costal Kitchen yet. Nothing seems very different. I'm all booked with standard stuff. Main dining, Giovanni's and Chops. Guess we shall see if things change after dry dock.

• 2 weeks later...

The statement about the VCL is incorrect. The chapel and associated lounge are being changed into high end suites just as on Oasis. The VCL is being converted to Costal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge, also as on Oasis. The Suite Loung and Costal are for Suite guests Grand Suites and above. Costal Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Suite Lounge serves drinks from 5:00 to 8:30. Chefs Table is also now located in the old VCL. The old Concerge Lounge on deck 11, and 12 is now the Diamond Lounge