Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Usually the alaska cruise just come in for the evening. Not much chance to do anything when you get in at 6pm.

Yes, I wish we had more time in Victoria. It's such a short time I didn't think it'd be wise to book an excursion. I think one would feel rushed.

Yes, I wish we had more time in Victoria. It's such a short time I didn't think it'd be wise to book an excursion. I think one would feel rushed.

We are on the 14 day R/T Seattle and we get 10 hours in Victoria. That will be a treat :) I'm so glad Lizzie mentioned what they did, it sounds like our kind of thing.

We came off the ship after 2, as we were told to, our bags were waiting for us in the terminal building, and the Customs guy asked: "Any liquor or cigarettes?" We said no, and he said "Welcome home." That's the Customs clearance you like to hear! And when we got home, all the rhodies that had just been in bud three weeks ago are in full bloom, and the whole town seems very colourful.

I haven't posted since San Diego, as we didn't purchase the additional internet time, and I have enjoyed reading all the (10!) pages that have appeared since then! I guess we were having fun.

It was great to meet all our fellow CC cruisers, and many thanks to Kazu for doing so much organizing and planning to make everything just right. We're looking forward to seeing many next year.

I was one of the people who got on in San Diego. I was with 3 friends. We were appalled by some of the people getting on. One wouldn't put his beer can down to go through security. We saw a number of people who weren't the normal HAL crowd.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Very nice city Vict0riann! We got off the ship with no idea what to do. We wandered out of the port area and into a pedicab of all things! It was a great 2.5 hours!

All packed, just waiting for Club Hal to finish up so I can stuff their dirty cloths in the case and put it outside the door.

Great vacation!

We had a lovely day. We were picked up by friends and taken to Butchart Gardens, which is such a lovely place. We then went out to dinner before coming back to finish packing. It was a wonderful way to end a remarkable cruise.

I still don't know when Customs will be catching up with us to have us pay duty on our purchases. Everybody just walked off today and breezed through. Maybe they intend to intercept the people with declarations tomorrow in Vancouver or maybe they will just send us a bill. I have no doubt that they will collect one way or another.

Our water issues seem to have been solved as we have had hot water all the time for at least five days now. I will post our cabin number in the morning.

What a pretty city This is. I am envious as I am a gardener , Rhodos blooming everywhere, people so friendly and helpful. Knowing we wold be back to next year , Dh and I burned off a LOT of calories and walked from from ogdens point to downtown

WOW! Flowers. Parks and scenery.. Absolutely incredible

We stopped for a bite on the recommendation of a local. And OMG if you like oysters go between 3 and 5 and they are $1 per piece. And yes this time I did remember to take a pic.

2a2c775cfff6be2a28056959e61cbd31.jpg

I was really impressed they were donating...and here is the place

e008286c3596daf938f390bcb0dfa45f.jpg

Just a tad of what we saw here

For us with no spring yet, I was drooling

041c5b7ae8cd55e8adb552c37a564470.jpg

18a9b2e952c98af20ac698831a91685b.jpg

Last bag is out. Uggher

This has been an incredible cruise. Much great people on our roll call, great crew and just a great time.

Stay tuned. Recaps and comparisons to come time permitting :)

Thank you to Kazu, and all the members of your roll call for taking us on your cruise with you. Being a newbie to cruising and as yet never having sailed with HAL your posts were full of information. They have left me counting down the days until I too, join the HAL cruising list.

Being a teacher of Special Needs children, I was very much moved reading your account of your trip to the school, and seeing what you have all done for them brought tears to my eyes.

Safe travels home to you all, and once again Thank You for the time you have taken to share it all with us. Jen.:)

Usually the alaska cruises just come in for the evening. Not much chance to do anything when you get in at 6pm.

So true -- one time we didn't get in until after 7 PM. Not much too do on a late Saturday night.

That is why we took advantage the one time we arrived in the early afternoon to do Buchart Gardens again -- repositioning cruise.

Thank you one and all for making us feel like "cruise family", it has been a wonderful ride. I wish everyone safe travels home, and for those traveling home to Eastern Canada today, when you are flying over Saskatoon, give me a wave! Till next time . . . .

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Edited by ger_77

We had a lovely day. We were picked up by friends and taken to Butchart Gardens, which is such a lovely place. We then went out to dinner before coming back to finish packing. It was a wonderful way to end a remarkable cruise.

I still don't know when Customs will be catching up with us to have us pay duty on our purchases. Everybody just walked off today and breezed through. Maybe they intend to intercept the people with declarations tomorrow in Vancouver or maybe they will just send us a bill. I have no doubt that they will collect one way or another.

Our water issues seem to have been solved as we have had hot water all the time for at least five days now. I will post our cabin number in the morning.

Sapper1 we were thinking about touring Butchart Gardens but thought it was too early in the year to see anything. Perhaps we need to rethink that. We have just 4 hours in Victoria. Do you think that would give us enough time to see Butchart Gardens and the wharf area? We don't arrive in Victoria until 6pm.

Thanks in advance for providing your cabin number.

Thanks to all of you who've taken the time to post while on your cruise. It was wonderful to hear of your adventures on and off the Westerdam. I hope all of you have safe travel home.

So to answer the question..... our cabin is 7072 (a Neptune suite). And while we have had hot water for 6 days now they cannot get it quite right..... there is no cold water now:D we just got used to brushing our teeth using warm water. Oh well can't have it all, I guess.

Edited by Lizzie68

We came off the ship after 2, as we were told to, our bags were waiting for us in the terminal building, and the Customs guy asked: "Any liquor or cigarettes?" We said no, and he said "Welcome home." That's the Customs clearance you like to hear! And when we got home, all the rhodies that had just been in bud three weeks ago are in full bloom, and the whole town seems very colourful.

I haven't posted since San Diego, as we didn't purchase the additional internet time, and I have enjoyed reading all the (10!) pages that have appeared since then! I guess we were having fun.

It was great to meet all our fellow CC cruisers, and many thanks to Kazu for doing so much organizing and planning to make everything just right. We're looking forward to seeing many next year.

We sent a toast your way last night from dinner near the waterfront in Port Angeles!

Debz62, I really don't think 4 hours is enough to take in Butchart's and the Inner Harbour. However, if you got a taxi at Ogden Point, and asked the driver to take you to the Empress by the "scenic route", through Beacon Hill Park, you'll see lots of flowers there, also in the gardens of the Empress Hotel, and around the museum. The drive to Butchart's alone would be 30 or 40 minutes each way. If you are here in May, things will still be in bloom. Here's my garden - still lots to come out!

810780b139983df0a6e4683530034df7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were off the ship and checked into the Pan Pacific by 8:45 AM. No room yet but they will phone me when there is one ready.

Still no sign of customs officers waiting to intercept people who would owe money. We all just walked through the terminal. I have no doubt that we will be contacted at some point----Soon.

We met Lizzie and husband as well as 1of 4 in the Pinnacle Bar while waiting to leave and we all said reluctant goodbyes. As we were walking up the gangplank we saw Gail's two kids ( our new friends) waving to us from the window.

Now we are sitting in Tim Hortons as we haven't had our daily fix for 23 days.

Then we will just wait in the hotel lobby until our room is ready. We don't like to leave our carry on stuff in the hotel locked room.

We sent a toast your way last night from dinner near the waterfront in Port Angeles!

Thanks, no more drinking for us for a while! The mountains were out beautifully this morning to welcome us home, too.

Darn, I missed everyone. Didn't know you were in the Pinnacle Bar.

For those that want to know our room number was 7057. We always had hot water although a couple of days the cold water was warm. No biggie.

Disembarkation was very smooth. Canada Place is really well organized and it was very easy to get a cab.

Staying at the Residence inns by Marriott and they had a room ready for us, so life is good..

Just realized we are a trolley stop (hip hop on and off) so our location is a good one :)

Debz62, I really don't think 4 hours is enough to take in Butchart's and the Inner Harbour. However, if you got a taxi at Ogden Point, and asked the driver to take you to the Empress by the "scenic route", through Beacon Hill Park, you'll see lots of flowers there, also in the gardens of the Empress Hotel, and around the museum. The drive to Butchart's alone would be 30 or 40 minutes each way. If you are here in May, things will still be in bloom. Here's my garden - still lots to come out!

810780b139983df0a6e4683530034df7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! I am jealous. I am hoping most of our snow is gone when I get home.