RCL to offer tax free cruise "Promo"

They will reprice the cruise at today's rates. Last I checked our cruise is now several thousand:eek: more than when we booked it.

That's exactly what Nikki said Ken, I told her to call anyways, she has not spoken to RC for a while;)

We are unable to compare as our cat has sold out.

Have a great weekend!

They will reprice the cruise at today's rates. Last I checked our cruise is now several thousand:eek: more than when we booked it.

With an agent right now...you are right...our cruise has increased in price as well...

Will not work in Canadian funds, and I loose the $100 onboard credit from the initial promo I booked, AND I loose the $50 onboard booking credit as well.

Good luck! I know every agent is different , this guy is not so great.....

Edited by son3cruisers

Well, our TA called in and it seems we would have to cancel our cruise to get the new "promo". Since we booked on reduced deposit, that would be a higher deposit, higher cruise fare, lost of obc.... Would be a saving of 80$ total, and lock us from any additional price drop. I guess we gonna wait...

Edited by angelhelly

Just booked two trips for next month. They are both 7 days out of Baltimore for about $855 each. TA had some trouble getting the no taxes, etc. for one of the trips -- computer at RC would not accept the promo even though it should have since the trip was eligible. I am happy with that amount for a solo rate. So the promo sale worked out for me. Good luck with booking:) Katherine

Well, our TA called in and it seems we would have to cancel our cruise to get the new "promo". Since we booked on reduced deposit, that would be a higher deposit, higher cruise fare, lost of obc.... Would be a saving of 80$ total, and lock us from any additional price drop. I guess we gonna wait...

You could probably still get a price drop, but you would lose the 'free' taxes and fees. Same like any other promo, you lose the promo if you get a price adjustment during a non-promo period. If you are still $80 net savings, including your lost obc, you are still paying less than you are now. (make sure TA does not charge fees for changes/cancellations)

Edited by marci22

Just saved $232 on our sept 27 freedom ots cruise with the tax free promo. They had to cancel my previous reservation and re book our grand suite with totally new booking number but same room. Glad I took the time waiting on hold for 28 mins and kept my obc.

Just saved $232 on our sept 27 freedom ots cruise with the tax free promo. They had to cancel my previous reservation and re book our grand suite with totally new booking number but same room. Glad I took the time waiting on hold for 28 mins and kept my obc.

What kind of obc did you have?

These various sales remind me of those 'liquidation' sales you always see at cheap furniture and rug stores. People catch on but I'm sure there are a good amount that just buy and feel good that they got something 'on sale'.

It's still a sale price if someone thinks they got a good deal. :p

In CDN dollars I have a cruise booked BOGO deal - $1952 on the web site this AM it is $3410 - no promo discounts. Do I have to call RCI to see what the "new rate" is ?

I called in today and was able to save $200. Thank you for posting this. We are sailing on the NOS in Nov.

I'm also wondering... did you have to cancel and rebook? We could save $160, but it says it is for new bookings only. I definitely do not want to cancel and risk losing our cabin, as there are only 2 of the kind and the other one is also booked. I would GLADLY pay the extra $160 to keep my cabin. :)

I'm also wondering... did you have to cancel and rebook? We could save $160, but it says it is for new bookings only. I definitely do not want to cancel and risk losing our cabin, as there are only 2 of the kind and the other one is also booked. I would GLADLY pay the extra $160 to keep my cabin. :)

I had to do a new booking also but saved $194. I kept my same room.

pat

I had to do a new booking also but saved $194. I kept my same room.

pat

Thanks! The chance for us to lose the room is too risky for me. There may already be someone on a waiting list to get the room if it opens up, so I will rather still pay the $160. Over the 8 days it is only $20 per day and well worth it. I was happy with the price we first paid, and we already got a price drop.

We kept the same room. You can let them know that you want to keep the same one. On ours they did not cancel the first one until the second one so they just transfered the room over.