Celebrity REALLY doesn't want my business

Champagne Cruiser

Is anyone else having website problems? For 2 days after I choose a sailing from the main page I get a new screen that makes me choose the sailing again. Then when I enter the usual state, age choices, etc I get this cute ship's steering that just constantly spins forever. And that's it. I'm stuck.

Is anyone else having website problems? For 2 days after I choose a sailing from the main page I get a new screen that makes me choose the sailing again. Then when I enter the usual state, age choices, etc I get this cute ship's steering that just constantly spins forever. And that's it. I'm stuck.

I recommend doing your selection research and then turnover final booking action to a travel agent. Your TA can relieve you of service 'headaches' and will have more clout resolving later adjustments. Good Luck

SupremeFlounder is right. I'm on an iPad and had major issues using Safari, and Chrome works just fine.

Edit: CathyCruises and I must have been typing at the very same time!

Den

Edited by Denny01

I have chrome installed just for the Celebrity site, don't like it for anything else. But the X site wouldnt work with safari!

Have you tried Firefox or Waterfox (64 bit version of Firefox for W7 & W8).

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

I have chrome installed just for the Celebrity site, don't like it for anything else. But the X site wouldnt work with safari!

I have found X site coding isn't done up to industry standards.

Have you tried Firefox or Waterfox (64 bit version of Firefox for W7 & W8).

No, but all my bookmarks etc are on safari so it's easier for me to use. I didn't see any advantage to chrome except being able to access the x site!

I've been able to access the entire site from both my iPad and Mac, no problems. I did a "test" booking yesterday to doublecheck prices. No issues with Safari nor Chrome.

Edited by Dunmore2

No, but all my bookmarks etc are on safari so it's easier for me to use. I didn't see any advantage to chrome except being able to access the x site!

You should be able to transfer your bookmarks to other browsers. There usually are instructions to do this .

I recommend doing your selection research and then turnover final booking action to a travel agent. Your TA can relieve you of service 'headaches' and will have more clout resolving later adjustments. Good Luck

Why use TA if you can book directly with a Celebrity rep and they are there for you in the event you need help....also Captain's Club. Twice I used TA's and both time a complete nightmare. Last time agent was in Europe when prices dropped and I almost missed the price drop. This never, never happens when I book directly with Celebrity or RCCL. I really can do without the TA's perks. I prefer peace of mind.

Celeb reps sometimes come up with better stateroom choices than what shows on the website...often know about perks etc and can mark down dining preferences, birthdays etc.

we use the website to find a cruise but usually call to actually book..works out fine!

I've been able to access the entire site from both my iPad and Mac, no problems. I did a "test" booking yesterday to doublecheck prices. No issues with Safari nor Chrome.

My experience as well, iPad or iMac, no big problem. I did find that I can't leave the site and then go right back. Allow maybe 2-3 hours between log off and logon. Same thing if you want to talk with Celebrity - don't sign onto the site anytime soon before you want the service rep to log into your account info.

I also booked two cruises over the weekend and it was ok. I use Chrome. I was annoyed though because I got a quote the day before and on hold for 24 hours and when I tried to book it, it removed the discount! No way would it let me book with the original quotation.

Beryl

Celeb reps sometimes come up with better stateroom choices than what shows on the website...often know about perks etc and can mark down dining preferences, birthdays etc.

we use the website to find a cruise but usually call to actually book..works out fine!

Yes, but in this day and age you should be able to book directly through the website and be confident that it works.

I haven't phoned in for an airline ticket, a car rental or a hotel room in more than 5 years. Why do all these companies get it right?

So which line are you going to look at to replace Celebrity?

Yes, but in this day and age you should be able to book directly through the website and be confident that it works.

I haven't phoned in for an airline ticket, a car rental or a hotel room in more than 5 years. Why do all these companies get it right?

Yes, you should be able to book online, BUT there is an easy fix by just picking up the phone and talking to someone rather than get all frustrated by the online process.

You have technical issues and you say Celebrity doesn't want your business?

Hmmm....ok, whatever.

The point is that Celebrity is at fault for the technical issues and that it would seem that if they really wanted the business they would fix the longstanding problems. You don't get that? Hmmm....ok, whatever.