Central Park 150

I'm on Oasis soon and it's a family birthday with 8 of us wanting to go to Central Park 150.

Two of our party are quite elderley, set in their ways and don't like 'fancy food'. Has anyone ever been to 150 with very picky eaters?

Will the restaurant go off menu for picky eaters?

Not a flame, but I just don't understand why someone would want to go to a restaurant if they don't want to eat the food on the restaurant's menu.:confused:

It's a birthday party celebration and all the family want to be together.

:)

I'm on Oasis soon and it's a family birthday with 8 of us wanting to go to Central Park 150.

Two of our party are quite elderley, set in their ways and don't like 'fancy food'. Has anyone ever been to 150 with very picky eaters?

Will the restaurant go off menu for picky eaters?

This restaurant is not the place for picky eaters. They have only one menu, and you get everything on the menu. You do not pick what you want, you are given it.

The Oasis has plenty of fun places that you can enjoy a great dinner where everyone in your party will enjoy.

This restaurant is not the place for picky eaters. They have only one menu, and you get everything on the menu. You do not pick what you want, you are given it.

The Oasis has plenty of fun places that you can enjoy a great dinner where everyone in your party will enjoy.

Yes I know it isn't a place for picky eaters, yes I know it only has one menu. My question is would they go off menu for 2 picky eaters so that a family of 8 (6 who will like all the food) can all go to a birthday celebration at Central Park 150 ?

Because 6 want to go I suppose they could leave the elderley mother and father in Johnny Rockets - lol :)

We were on Allure with three 80 - 84 year olds. One was very picky. We ate at 150, Giovanni's, Samba's, Rita's, and many other places with them. CHOPS was the best for a family celebration with our picky eater. It was a very nice meal with plenty of simple food they liked. Picky granny's favorite place to eat on the ship was Johnny Rockets (go figure). We've booked Christmas this year to celebrate our son's college graduation and we'll book CHOPS again for the family dinner.

Not a flame, but I just don't understand why someone would want to go to a restaurant if they don't want to eat the food on the restaurant's menu.:confused:

I agree completely Bob.

Op, not flaming, but would it not be worth considering the 6 that want to go to 150 do so on a different evening, and that evening find a restaurant that fits everyone's tastes instead. That way you could celebrate twice!

Would you go to a pizza place and expect a hot dog?

Would you go to an Italian place and expect Chinese?

Would you go to a Chinese place and expect pizza?

Would you go to a steak place and ask for a sub sandwich?

Geez. A restaurant serves what they serve.

Yes I know it isn't a place for picky eaters, yes I know it only has one menu. My question is would they go off menu for 2 picky eaters so that a family of 8 (6 who will like all the food) can all go to a birthday celebration at Central Park 150 ?

Because 6 want to go I suppose they could leave the elderley mother and father in Johnny Rockets - lol :)

Picky eater doesn't get a say unless they are the one being celebrated. They can choose to dine with family or not.

I hate Mexican food but if we are invited to such a restaurant I eat beforehand and just have a drink with everyone.

You should not expect assume or demand that any venue alter itself to cater to picky eaters

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

I doubt they have the ability to go very far off the menu. The kitchen will only have ingredients to make the menu items, which aren't very flexible. There isn't much you can do with heirloom beets, quail eggs, and micro greens besides make an heirloom beet and quail egg salad.

I have to echo those who have suggested picking a different place for the birthday celebration (Chops would be my pick), and with the 6 eating at 150 some other time. It is a dining experience not to be missed, but easily ruined by an unhappy camper (aka elderly picky eater).

It's unlikely that they can do much for a picky eater. They will accommodate food allergies, etc. but they simply substitute something. For example my wife can't eat seafood, so one time they substituted tofu, another time it was chicken. But it was prepared exactly like the seafood dish. It was really delicious, by the way. So that wouldn't satisfy a picky eater. You won't find a basic salad, soup, or baked chicken in 150.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you men by going off the menu. The menu is fixed, and the experience is the best, with carefully prepared food. Wouldn't that be like telling Michael Schwartz that you would rather have a hamburger and fries for dinner instead of his menu?

That's why there are so many other great places on the ship, that would fit the needs of the "entire" group. They don't even have a kid's menu at this place.

I think, I saw a thread where they changed the menu. They reduced the number of courses to 4.

I was looking forward to this menu. While my wife is not a particularly, when I saw this menu, I knew she wouldn't like. After showing it to her, she agreed. However, she had no problem with me going without her. That is why we like cruises, we are together most of the time, but there are certain things she likes to do and I don't and vice and versa.

I agree with the other posters do a group celebration at one of the other restaurants, and the six that want to go to Central Park go on another day. I have traveled with various groups family and otherwise and it was never expected that we would do everything together.

Here's the menu..... was the best meal I've ever enjoyed on RCL

DSCN1585.jpg

DSCN1586.jpg

Pics of the food which was served Gluten Free for me are in the blog in my sig below.

Here's the menu..... was the best meal I've ever enjoyed on RCL

DSCN1585.jpg

DSCN1586.jpg

Pics of the food which was served Gluten Free for me are in the blog in my sig below.

We sailed on the Oasis this past March and ate here one night. The menu, at least on our sailing changed the 2nd 1/2 of the week. The choices were lamb or salmon, (I believe), and they offered filet mignon as an alternative.

I am going to echo the other posters opinions, CP 150 really is not for picky eaters, and by asking the kitchen to alter the menu drastically to accomodate the 2 in your group, you may inadvertently alter the entire experience for everyone i.e how long courses take etc.

Chops is a great place I have never had a bad meal, and they offer slightly adventurous things with good old fashioned staples like steak and roasted chicken. If the others in your party really have their hearts set on CP150 then do it on another night without the picky eaters.

Just my 2 cents and my years in the restaurnt industry on a set menu several alterations can throw the entire kitchen outta alignment.