Allure Disembarking out of Barcelona

We'll be on the med cruise in June and I'm trying to finalize our flight details out of Barcelona. Is it feasible to catch a flight out of Barcelona at 10:30 am? If not, what would the earliest time for a flight be? I'm not sure how far the airport is from the terminal and/or what the customs line is typically like. Any help is appreciated!

We'll be on the med cruise in June and I'm trying to finalize our flight details out of Barcelona. Is it feasible to catch a flight out of Barcelona at 10:30 am? If not, what would the earliest time for a flight be? I'm not sure how far the airport is from the terminal and/or what the customs line is typically like. Any help is appreciated!

Been there several times and in my opinion you would struggle to get from the port to the Airport for a two hour check-in at 8.30am. It can be an hour in a taxi at that time of day and the port, customs etc are not as good as many other ports.

You can use this to get Royal's recommendation:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=324&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqId=2724

Wow, too early for me but that's my opinion. We waited in line for a cab for 50 minutes (yes, I timed it). It was organized chaos. Personally, I wouldn't fly out before noon or 1 pm. Remember how many passengers are disembarking with you on Allure... I'd say most of them are also going to the airport with you.

We traveled with Liberty two years ago from/to Barcelona. We had booked a flight with Royal, and that flight left at 11:10 am (just checked the booking, yes I keep everything... :p).

As I recall we had no problem catching our flight, and we didn't even do Express Departure (but I can't recall what departure group we were in).

However, this was a flight within Europe, I don't know if you have to be there extra early for an overseas flight.

If you have the extra time stay in Barcelona an extra day if you haven't seen the city, there is a lot to do that you can enjoy and get a flight the next day. That's what my wife and I did in June 2013. You may also try the Barcelona Tapas tour in the evening (great tour).

Been there several times and in my opinion you would struggle to get from the port to the Airport for a two hour check-in at 8.30am. It can be an hour in a taxi at that time of day and the port, customs etc are not as good as many other ports.

I am sorry to disagree about Barcelona port not being as good as many other ports. i have found Barcelona port to be one of the best organized ports and in my experience it can not be compared to the disorganized chaos at Port Everglades. Getting off the Liberty of the Seas in Port Everglades april 2015 took us about four hours. At 10 am they were calling number 3, then it stopped for some time. Many missed their flights. Getting off Oasis after the transatlantic november 2015 was even worse, even being on a back to back. At 1.00 pm people were still disembarking and many missed their flights. People were still boarding the ship while the lifeboat drill was going on. This repeated itself a week later. Last year Barcelona used two terminals to disembark Oasis of the Seas. According to the port information they will be doing the same this year for the Allure. It is best to get off the ship early. We always prebook transportation to the airport for our 11.00 am flight. The wait for a taxi can be very long with a ship the size of the Allure. It is about a 30 minute ride.

My flight is 10.50 in the morn, we booked our cruise with an agent, they said a bus will pick us up at the airport to drop us to ship, then they day we leave the ship they told us a bus will bring us to airport, this is our first cruise, will we not make our flight,

I booked mine independently - actually my husband did. We are flying in to paris early and he didn't know we could fly out of Barcelona rather than Paris on the return (can you guess who typically makes our travel arrangements 😉). We are coming into Barcelona a couple days early as well and very excited to explore the city! I've never done a mediteranean cruise and am unfamiliar with time needed to get to airport and expected time off the ship, etc.

We are on 9th June sailing and have filghts included with the cruise.

RCI has booked us on the 10.30am flight from Barcelona back to Gatwick.

Last year we made our own arrangements and booked the same flight out or Barcelona without any problems.

We were on the Disney Magic and booked a private transfer for 8am to collect us from the Port. We were at the airport by 8.30.

I would say it is easily manageable as long as you make sure you have transport arranged from port to airport, the taxi line can be quite lengthy and that can only increase given the number of passengers on the Allure.

We've made 11am flights twice, out of Barcelona, without doing the express walk off. But we had no problems getting taxis and it was getting off a 2850 passenger ship, not a 6000 passenger one. If that's any help.

Allure will not be a 6000 disembark as many half the passengers disembark in Rome.

hi, how do you arrange to self disembark? also do you arrange transport to the airport before cruise or on it & how?

To self disembark just don't put your luggage out the night before, keep them in your cabin then in the morning just walk off with them whenever you want.

You can arrange transportation however you want. I believe RCI will offer transportation onboard (on a limited first come first serve basis and for around $20per person) however if you opt for the RCI transport then you cannot do self disembark.

We had the option of returning on a similar flight 10.30 ish to Heathrow, but have opted for an afternoon flight,

I believe the early flight is doable as the ships normally start disembarking from 6:30-7am

and if using the ships transport, I'm sure there would not be a problem.

we like a leisurely start and hence booked the pm flight.

Last year we were disembarked around 8.30 and had checked our bags at the airport before 9.30,

then had to sit and wait until 8pm flight :-(

this year have better timing and will probably use the public transport to use up some time before checkin :-)

We had the option of returning on a similar flight 10.30 ish to Heathrow, but have opted for an afternoon flight,

I believe the early flight is doable as the ships normally start disembarking from 6:30-7am

and if using the ships transport, I'm sure there would not be a problem.

we like a leisurely start and hence booked the pm flight.

Last year we were disembarked around 8.30 and had checked our bags at the airport before 9.30,

then had to sit and wait until 8pm flight :-(

this year have better timing and will probably use the public transport to use up some time before checkin :-)

Is that the 1:15 BA flight?

• 2 weeks later...
We have a 10:50am flight to Newark. Who do you pre book the transportation with? Private, public, taxi, limo, etc.? Any info would be appreciated

You should have no problem with making your outbound flight.

Viator site shows a private car service that we booked ourselves online:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Barcelona-Transfer-Cruise-Port-to-Barcelona-Airport/d562-2140BCNPRTAPT

More than a taxi, but less waiting and hassle as well.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

We have a 10:50am flight to Newark. Who do you pre book the transportation with? Private, public, taxi, limo, etc.? Any info would be appreciated

Disregard.

Edited by clarea