Water smuggling

Well, you can just bring it on...if it's not alcohol, they don't really care. BUT..the ship's water is perfectly fine...after all, the food you eat, the ice you use, and all the other beverages are made with ship's water!

Can I bring a case of water on the ship? How do I accomplish it?

They will allow a reasonable amount of water.....but it cannot be checked so you will be dragging it around with you until the rooms are ready @ 1:30.

To me the water is fine on the ship.....

As others have stated, yes you can. I have seen it checked, and I have seen it carried on. And though it is technically not allowed, I haven't heard of anyone having their water confiscated.

You can also order it in advance through the line, and they will have it delivered to your room. Yes, it does cost more than buying it ashore and bringing it onboard, but how much is it worth to have someone else acquire that stuff and then schlep it to your room (after all, water is 8 pounds per gallon - not counting the packaging).

I just got off Oasis yesterday. I put a luggage tag on my case of water and gave it to the porters without a problem.

A lot of how it happens depending on the departure port, some are more strict about the rules than others. I saw folks carry them on various ships at various ports, checking by the case seems to be more spotty.

Can I bring a case of water on the ship? How do I accomplish it?

We bring a case of water every cruise. We just put a luggage tag on it and it is sent to our stateroom. We've been on Allure, Freedom, Mariner, Brilliance and Grandeur (many of them more than once) and never had a problem at all.

Smuggling?

I see people that drop an entire case to the porter or sometimes I see a case of bottle of water in embarkation outside the cabins

But since I want my water to get safe and sound I always buy 2 gallons wrapped with a towel and put then in a backpack, never had a problem

You can look on the the Internet for detailed videos on how to get away with this, but what I usually do is empty two wine bottles (our legal per-cabin allotment), re-fill with bottled water and cork them.

Then, just bring them along as a carry-on. Sure, you might have to declare the two bottles at the wine table... they put a sticker on it, take down our cabin number, the whole deal - not realizing it's actually smuggled on Poland Spring water! But so far, it's worked everytime!

Good luck!

put a case in a checked bag in May 2013 at Port Canaveral for Freedom of the Seas. Had no problem except that we didn't drink but a couple of the bottles and had to schlep them all back in a bag and back off the **** at the end of the week. BAH.

put a case in a checked bag in May 2013 at Port Canaveral for Freedom of the Seas. Had no problem except that we didn't drink but a couple of the bottles and had to schlep them all back in a bag and back off the **** at the end of the week. BAH.

for the minimal price of water i woulda left it, lol

Just brought a case of non brand sparkling water on board the Allure.

Put several luggage tags on it and checked it. No smuggling involved. On a worse case basis we would have lost $7.

Hear that this can vary by Ship and by cruise so not always the same. Good Luck

You can look on the the Internet for detailed videos on how to get away with this, but what I usually do is empty two wine bottles (our legal per-cabin allotment), re-fill with bottled water and cork them.

Then, just bring them along as a carry-on. Sure, you might have to declare the two bottles at the wine table... they put a sticker on it, take down our cabin number, the whole deal - not realizing it's actually smuggled on Poland Spring water! But so far, it's worked everytime!

Good luck!

lol

They will allow a reasonable amount of water.....but it cannot be checked so you will be dragging it around with you until the rooms are ready @ 1:30.

To me the water is fine on the ship.....

Are you sailing out of Port Everglades? Depending on the length of my cruise, I always check my water in various ways and have always have it delivered to my stateroom. I have a very large mesh laundry bag i often put a wrapped case inside, so its easier for the baggage handlers to carry and/or more importantly, so that I can put a pre-printed luggage tag on. (I print myself and put the tag inside a clear luggage tag holder).

or, I will break down the case (if its smaller) and put it right into a large soft sided cooler. Then I put the luggage tag on the handles.

Either way, they have ALWAYS shown up. No issues. I use to think it was important to keep the case intact so they knew I wasn't replacing the water with booze. I've not run into any problems thus far. I probably wouldn't use the loose bottle method during spring break when they do tend to be a tad more strict.

Honestly I would never carry on water, its way too heavy. I also bring on about six diet pepsi also - same method. The only carry on I do is my two allotted bottles on wine.

. (I print myself and put the tag inside a clear luggage tag holder). or, I will break down the case (if its smaller) and put it right into a large soft sided cooler. Then I put the luggage tag on the handles.

Either way, they have ALWAYS shown up. No issues.

I had called RCI about another issue, then asked about the water/ soda situation. was told not allowed, but it happens, usually due to security overlooking it. Now I feel ok/safe about bringing water and canned seltzer along. Will search for something sturdy and collapsible to check in!

Thank you!

:)

on the oasis last year and had the porter stick a tag on it and it showed up, no problems. I plan on trying it on the Adventure next month as well. its a 3-4$ gamble I am willing to take

On Navigator 3 weeks ago I taped a luggage tag to a case of water and gave it to the porter with the rest of the bags. It showed up after the rest of our bags and had a naughty room slip on it, but it did eventually show up at our stateroom without me having to actually go to the naughty room. I'm assuming they did an additional check to make sure it wasn't alcohol.