What do I do with my stuff when I'm in the pool?

Mistizoom

So, I don't need a chair at all. I don't sun myself, I just need a place to keep my and my son's towels, shoes, coverup, etc. while I am in the pool. If I leave my bag on the ground somewhere it will get all wet or stepped on. And so I haul myself out of the pool every half hour or so to check on my stuff and let people around me know I am not in fact a chair hog, I am actually using the pool facilities. But is there a better solution?

On Princess, there are lockers in the fitness center for men and women. You can put your stuff in them, lock it up and take your towel out to the pool and have fun.

I don't know if they have something like this on other lines, but you could check it out.

So, I don't need a chair at all. I don't sun myself, I just need a place to keep my and my son's towels, shoes, coverup, etc. while I am in the pool. If I leave my bag on the ground somewhere it will get all wet or stepped on. And so I haul myself out of the pool every half hour or so to check on my stuff and let people around me know I am not in fact a chair hog, I am actually using the pool facilities. But is there a better solution?

We usually find a couple of loungers and use them as our meeting spot and someone is almost always there for something. If we can't find anything then we try to find a spot near the pool (hot tub, actually) and leave everything in a neat pile. When we are going to the pool deck for swimming or soaking we take minimal items with us in order to make it easier.

Leave it on the lounger you're using! That is NOT being a "chair hog"...going to the pool and taking a dip is part of being at the pool and using a lounger. You don't need a lounger for the kids (if you have any), but it's fine to store your stuff on one lounger.

I agree with the suggestion you take a lounger/chair and put your things on it. You won't likely spend hours uninterrupted in the pool and it gives you somewhere to dry off and sit for a bit before going back in the pool.

You may want to use the rest rooms or get a drink etc

If I´m actually just using the pool for a quick swim and it´s not too busy (usually early morning or during first dinner sitting), I just take my seapass card, shoes, robe and towel and leave it all in a bundle on the benchlike edge of the pool.

Grab yourself an punter and put it all on there. You leave valuables in your cabin and anything you bring to the pool should be safe on your lounger / in a bag on the lounger

There are hundreds of hidden cameras on each ship so it's unlikely that anything goes missing or if it does they can follow the cctv

We've lost 1 thing in 37 cruises and that was DH fault for leaving his hat in a bar

Edited by Tiggertastic

If you really aren't going to use a lounger, don't bother putting stuff on it. Someone who really wants it I am sure would like to sit on it!

I am one to swim and not use a lounger. I have a sarong, that I tie to the railing by the hot tub. I tuck my flip flops in the same spot, away from anyone walking by and usually not a wet area. I only take a towel when I need it. They are around the pool, either on shelves or at a kiosk. You could put them on the ledge of the pool as well. It is wide, and there is lots of room for a folded towel. I am one of those folks who sits on the ledge for a bit, then swims.

You can keep your card on a lanyard, or tucked in your bathing suit. I haven't lost mine yet!

Grab yourself an punter and put it all on there. You leave valuables in your cabin and anything you bring to the pool should be safe on your lounger / in a bag on the lounger

There are hundreds of hidden cameras on each ship so it's unlikely that anything goes missing or if it does they can follow the cctv

We've lost 1 thing in 37 cruises and that was DH fault for leaving his hat in a bar

:confused: What is a punter? I realize you are from UK but I've never heard that before.

For us in U.S., a punter would be a kicker playing football (not soccer) :).

Thanks, whoever can help.

:confused: What is a punter? I realize you are from UK but I've never heard that before.

For us in U.S., a punter would be a kicker playing football (not soccer) :).

Thanks, whoever can help.

I am from the UK and I am not sure either :). To me a punter refers to a gambler or a person who puts money on an unsure outcome.

Grab a lounger...you are not chair hogging as you are using the facilities. If you are worried about doing that then put them on a normal chair instead as they are less in demand or purchase a waterproof swimming bag...like this and place it somewhere:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnxZka5uZbM6pcF7Uf5IN9V9abWVwCclRI_A0FhA1G9Qv22CDNejy-LBNOUtG_xU5XfhfDY5s&usqp=CAE

Edited by Velvetwater

Princess has tables by the pool so if you're not planning to use a lounge chair, look for the small tables in that area or, if it's not during peak eating times, on one of the larger tables. On the Golden, there's a bench area (I've taken my grilled chicken sandwich to eat there while listening to the deck band), but if a lot of people are splashing about, I guess there's always the possibility your stuff may get a little wet.

I was on the Star Princess in February and we were laying out up by the Sanctuary. We got up to get in the pool and left my cute brand new sandals, my book and sunscreen. When we got back, my shoes were gone!! I couldn't believe it! We checked multiple times at guest services and of course no one turned them in. We looked all week at women's feet looking for my sandals. Clearly they were stolen because nothing else was taken and there were numerous open loungers.

We usually find a couple of loungers and use them as our meeting spot and someone is almost always there for something. If we can't find anything then we try to find a spot near the pool (hot tub, actually) and leave everything in a neat pile. When we are going to the pool deck for swimming or soaking we take minimal items with us in order to make it easier.

Okay, I'll probably get hammered for asking this, but .....

You say you find a couple of loungers and use them as your meeting spot. "Someone is almost always there for something". Does that mean you use the loungers as a meeting spot then go do something else?

Okay, I'll probably get hammered for asking this, but .....

You say you find a couple of loungers and use them as your meeting spot. "Someone is almost always there for something". Does that mean you use the loungers as a meeting spot then go do something else?

Goodness no, it's only for when we are on the pool deck. Once we leave our crap leaves too.

Thanks for the responses. Good to know that being in the pool can be a legitimate use of a lounge chair. And we do tend sit and dry off a bit when done with the pool I suppose. So I will not feel guilty on my next cruise! :)