health forms

sun&sea

DH and I took 4 grandkids on a Carnival cruise last month (which means I REALLY need to escape completely!!!) One thing I liked was the fact that the required health forms were available online as part of your boarding pass documents. I just printed them and filled them out the night before the cruise. Would love it if Princess would start doing this:) Just makes things easier than filing them out when you get there.

Janet

Princess does this as well. Under your cruise personalizer, go to boarding pass and docs. You see the form under additional forms.

Those are for pre-existing conditions that you want to alert the medical staff in case you need specialty care or certain type of medical equipment on board.

Try to use the Carnival ones. They ask the same thing.

At worst you'll have to fill in the Princess ones. Bring a pen.

If you do do this, please come back and let us know what happened.

Try to use the Carnival ones. They ask the same thing.

At worst you'll have to fill in the Princess ones. Bring a pen.

If you do do this, please come back and let us know what happened.

Forms from other lines will not be accepted at the pier in Seattle. It doesn't take that long to fill them out, really, and, if you have forms from previous years (2014 or before) they have changed this year and now also address eBola so prior year's forms will not suffice. If you do fill them out ahead of time, make sure that the date you put on the form is the date of sailing not the date you fill out the form!

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

I find the forms to be mildly annoying or not - depending on the embarkation. One of our last cruises had them on two tables (right next to each other) outside the terminal and there was a bit of a scrum with people trying to get a form, luggage falling over, etc. Other times it has been very quick and easy to do with multiple tables (not crammed right together) setup with the forms.

I realize they have to have the forms but I feel sure that many people who have recently had a cold or something of that sort don't actually declare the info on the form for fear of being denied boarding.

I realize they have to have the forms but I feel sure that many people who have recently had a cold or something of that sort don't actually declare the info on the form for fear of being denied boarding.

A "recent cold" is not something that would keep you off the cruise. The form asks for symptoms of diarrhea or vomiting within the past 3 days, or feverishness AND a cough, runny nose or sore throat. If someone indicates that is the case, then the ship's doctor comes and talks with the passenger(s) and evaluates them. At that point 3 things can happen: 1) they're allowed to board normally, 2) they're allowed to board but are kept isolated for a day or so, 3) denied boarding. The new form also asks if the person has visited Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea or been in contact with someone who has or if a couple of other situations have happened in the last 21 days. But, a cold or a case of the "sniffles" or such is probably not going to be a thing that's going to keep the traveler from going on their cruise.:)

Tom

Forms from other lines will not be accepted at the pier in Seattle. It doesn't take that long to fill them out, really, and, if you have forms from previous years (2014 or before) they have changed this year and now also address eBola so prior year's forms will not suffice. If you do fill them out ahead of time, make sure that the date you put on the form is the date of sailing not the date you fill out the form!

Tom

Maybe not forms from other cruise lines but we've use forms from other Princess ships and crossed out the name and filled in the correct one without any problems.

I googled "cruise health questionnaire" found forms on a web site that looks like the forms we filled out on our last cruise. Comes from CLIA

That one would not work as they updated the forms last year with 2 new questions pertaining to Ebola/travel abroad (Liberia etc.)