Popcorn on the Liberty

When I was on the Allure they sold Popcorn. Well my son loves popcorn and it cost as a pretty penny the whole trip for popcorn. Does the liberty have popcorn and if so is there a fee?

Did not see popcorn on Liberty last month.

I would love to have popcorn on a cruise! It is so cheap to make to make. I don't know why it isn't available; but it probably goes along with the fact that Royal Caribbean doesn't seem to know what to do with their outdoor movie screen. :rolleyes:

When I was on the Allure they sold Popcorn. Well my son loves popcorn and it cost as a pretty penny the whole trip for popcorn. Does the liberty have popcorn and if so is there a fee?

If your son loves popcorn like my DW then I suggest you book a cruise on Princess. They have fresh popped popcorn and milk and cookies available when they show their movies under the stars and the best part is it's free.

Edited by Two4Texas

The popcorn was $2.50 and they didn't give much

I was hurt by that too and had a very heated discussion with the vendor. I know he was doing his job and selling as he was expected to do, but DANG, how do they sleep at night charging 2.50 for a drop of popcorn. I felt bad for the children who wanted it and the parents refused. I can't say that I blame them. Still, I bought a bag and never bought another....Crazy...crazy..crazy and I LOVE Popcorn, but not at that price because I spend wayyyyyyy too much!!!!:eek:

I would love to have popcorn on a cruise! It is so cheap to make to make. I don't know why it isn't available; but it probably goes along with the fact that Royal Caribbean doesn't seem to know what to do with their outdoor movie screen. :rolleyes:

The Caribbean Princess has a popcorn machine where Movies Under The Stars is located. Free, grab your own, LOVED it!!

We were on the Carnival Magic in March and they had free popcorn at the pool bar during the movie. We'll be on the Oasis next February and if they are selling it for $2.50, I won't be buying. RCCL also closes the soft-serve yogurt/ice cream machine at 6 pm. Boo! Carnival's soft-serve machine is open 24/7.

If your son loves popcorn like my DW then I suggest you book a cruise on Princess. They have fresh popped popcorn and milk and cookies available when they show their movies under the stars and the best part is it's free.

carnival has the same-- popcorn during movies-- FREE

We're big popcorn eaters too, but I've never seen it on a cruise ship.

I've always assumed that they don't offer it because it can be a "messy food". I mean, people try to cram handfuls of it into their mouths, and they drop it on the floor, then people walk on it. We've all been to the movie theater, and we know it's true.

However, it's cheap, and it wouldn't require a lot of storage space in the ship's kitchens.

One of the really cool things to do on a Princesss ship is sit out on deck on a cool night under a blanket with free popcorn. RCCL should be ashamed of themselves for selling popcorn, which is about the cheapest snack food to make. We were on the Allure a couple weeks ago and saw it for $2.95. There was no way we were buying any. We tried watching one movie on their big screen one night. It was a joke- They ran spa ads for the 1st 1/2 hour before I finally went down to guest services and asked them if they were going to run the movie. They finally did, but when the original stop time came up at the most intense part of the movie, they had it timed for some automated ads to come on. RCCL does so many things right on Allure. I wish they could get this one right as well.

We were on the Carnival Magic in March and they had free popcorn at the pool bar during the movie. We'll be on the Oasis next February and if they are selling it for $2.50, I won't be buying. RCCL also closes the soft-serve yogurt/ice cream machine at 6 pm. Boo! Carnival's soft-serve machine is open 24/7.

We had free popcorn and warmed blankets on Movie Night on Carnival Dream..I was spoiled :D We thought everyone did this..SMH..I didnt realize the soft-serve closed at 6 pm. Whatever happened to 24 hr pizza and ice cream :confused:

That's just one of the reasons why my family calls RCCL the hunt for food cruise because later in the evening, food choices are slim to none. Will bring my own snacks this time for late night munchies

We had free popcorn and warmed blankets on Movie Night on Carnival Dream..I was spoiled :D We thought everyone did this..SMH..I didnt realize the soft-serve closed at 6 pm. Whatever happened to 24 hr pizza and ice cream :confused:

24 hour pizza and ice cream is a carnival staple-- not royal

That was on RCCL that they shut down the ice cream machine at 6. I was comparing free popcorn and 24 hrs ice cream on Carnival to $2.95 popcorn and a closed ice cream machine on RCCL.

Sorry for the confusion.

We were just on the Adventure. I planned ahead and brought 2 tiny bags prepackaged popcorn. A movie just isn't the same without it. 😋

I totally agree...It just isn't the same feel. You must have popcorn with a movie. One cruise I packed a few bags of microwave popcorn only to find out there were NO MICROWAVES to be used. It was sheer torture seeing those unpopped bags in my cabin. My DH and I walked the entire ship looking too. How silly we must have been, but that is how much I love popcorn and he knew he wasn't going to get any rest...lol

That's just one of the reasons why my family calls RCCL the hunt for food cruise because later in the evening, food choices are slim to none. Will bring my own snacks this time for late night munchies

I do pack snacks in my bag..They come in handy when you want something "GOOD" and you have the munchies and not in the mood for pizza. I run to my cabin open my Go-To drawer and VOILA!!! Milkduds, Pirates Booty, Fritos and Turtles...he he he..I can't help myself....I have hit the ship store for Pringles on occasion too..Okay go ahead and say it...I am a SNACKIE:D