Cagney's - Important info

NJ Johnny

Please do not kill the messenger but I just emailed Frank Delrio and he said this is not true..so take it however you want..he has never lied to me!

Jancruz1

Just to clarify (I am so lost at this point with all the conjecture), what specifically is this answer referring to? The question regarding Cagney's staying part of the UDP? Or something else I completely missed along the way?

P.S. I got the part about the room service fee going fleetwide. That was a clear confirmation.

Edited by tarps14

Please do not kill the messenger but I just emailed Frank Delrio and he said this is not true..so take it however you want..he has never lied to me!

Jancruz1

Thanks for the information and hopefully NCL will make a statement on this as well, because if what you are posting is true (I have no opinion one way or another if it is or isn't), a lot of people got really, really upset over nothing.

Thanks for the information and hopefully NCL will make a statement on this as well, because if what you are posting is true (I have no opinion one way or another if it is or isn't), a lot of people got really, really upset over nothing.

Why would NCL make a statement on this? They never said anything or hinted that they might do this. If I was NCL I wouldn't respond to every crazy rumor on these boards. They would spend all day responding to nonsense.

That would be the worst outcome of this whole debacle because if it was Jenny she is absolutely the best I have ever seen anywhere.

Jenny already left NCL. It had nothing to do with this...she was already gone.

Edited by njhorseman

I am not a lawyer but selling UDP's and giving them as part of booking promotions with Cagney's listed as an included establishment and then removing it after the fact sounds like a clear case of bait and switch.

There seems to be no end to what this company will do to make a buck? Exactly when will it be enough?

And still there will be those who see nothing wrong with this!

Rochelle

As my favorite statement: I will believe it when I see it. Neither taking it off the UDP or charging a la carte makes any sense.

I am not a lawyer but selling UDP's and giving them as part of booking promotions with Cagney's listed as an included establishment and then removing it after the fact sounds like a clear case of bait and switch.

There seems to be no end to what this company will do to make a buck? Exactly when will it be enough?

And still there will be those who see nothing wrong with this!

Rochelle

As my favorite statement: I will believe it when I see it. Neither taking it off the UDP or charging a la carte makes any sense. If indeed this does become a reality, I am sure they will grandfather the promo.Not to meniton, there are so many rumors out there and most have proven to be only partly true. This is like the one you posted yesterday about someone saying, not only was the room service going to $7.95 there would be an 18% gratuity added, but so far no one has come forward to varify this.

Pretty sure, as above said, it wasn't J. Lim (been on vacation/already resigned/not onboard) on the ship, whoever it was that replaced her that stayed with NJJ and not part of sailing's CC Meet & Greet that they arranged, rather off-the-record/unofficial chats.

If there's only a whistleblower's protection for those that speak out ... ;)

I have to say, isn't it amazing, a personal friend/advisor to FDR can manage to deflect nearly anything & everything happening on CC that's contrary to the best current interest of NCL - no wonder they fired almost the entire social media dept. And, the perfect buffer to deny and disclaim the information with this extra shielding & layer.

Perhaps, just maybe, FDR should be informed & know, from these trusted advisor(s) & long-term friends of his, that, a small fraction, minority but vocal elements on CC are pretty upset and not happy with his communictions and management, hiding behind the drapes & curtains ... sarcasm mode OFF, anti-flame mode ON.

But, it's not just FDR - it's also directly under the command of AS in guiding these changes.

You edited my post to leave out a very important word and that was HOPEFULLY, what I said was: Thanks for the information and hopefully NCL will make a statement on this as well, because if what you are posting is true (I have no opinion one way or another if it is or isn't), a lot of people got really, really upset over nothing. What you posted made it seem like I was in fact saying NCL would make a statement and that is not correct in any way shape or form.

As my favorite statement: I will believe it when I see it. Neither taking it off the UDP or charging a la carte makes any sense. If indeed this does become a reality, I am sure they will grandfather the promo.Not to meniton, there are so many rumors out there and most have proven to be only partly true. This is like the one you posted yesterday about someone saying, not only was the room service going to $7.95 there would be an 18% gratuity added, but so far no one has come forward to varify this.

Yes I did post that about the gratuity on top of the room service convenience fee. Someone has already asked me in the thread where I posted to clarify where I got that information, to which I responded and included links. Which you can see for yourself in this thread (Please reference post #28);

Thread you are referring to

I think it would be fair that if you are going to refer to something I said in a particular thread that you read the entire thread. If you take something out of context it tends to alter the original or intended meaning, and in this case makes it sound like I am making things up, which I have not done. I have no problem if someone politely asks me to provide some verification to comments I have made, to which, as you can see in the other thread when asked, I was more than happy to provide.

Rochelle

Excellent idea! Then again, to whom shall I gloat when they say "it is NOT going fleet-wide" and less than a week later - BAMN! Room service charge is fleet wide LOL Gotta love the folks in the know, eh?

So is room service charge fleet wide now?

Sailing Epic in July last I heard not included.... Can't keep up with these changes lol

Thanks

Kerri

So is room service charge fleet wide now?

Sailing Epic in July last I heard not included.... Can't keep up with these changes lol

Thanks

Kerri

Yes apparently the Room Service charge will be fleet wide as of May 1st.

Rochelle

Yes apparently the Room Service charge will be fleet wide as of May 1st.

Rochelle

To your point:

Originally Posted by russianmom View Post

Like I said before... Unless you are employed in some official PR capacity for NCL I highly highly doubt DelFeeo is giving insider info to you to pass along here on CC.

Jancruz1

You are incorrect..I always ask him when I email him if I can post his answer or not and he either says yes or no..

I have been doing this for Oceania for 11 years..so people on that board understand..

Edited by $hip$hape

This is the million dollar question! One poster posts something negative and many jump on the bandwagon and complain because they feel it is credible information and then another posts a post contradicting the information and they are flamed and accused of not having reliable information. I don't know either poster, but will not complain or rejoice, based on either of their posts and will wait until there is definite information from NCL (either a statement, website changes stating that Cagney's is not involved or is involved in the UPD, changes stating Cagney's is not ala carte, etc.). It seems to me, that some want to run off others that don't share all of their opinions and I hope Jancruz doesn't fall for it

So you prefer to believe the "positive" posters and disregard another who posts "negative" information because it is unconfirmed? It seems to me that both sources are unconfirmed until NCL make an official statement one way or the other.

It seems to me that everyone here should be free to speculate and discuss any topic as much as they like without being harassed by some people here.

To Jancruz, sorry about the name slip up, janpro will be a little confused.;)

No rudeness to you intended, but put yourself in our shoes. You have every right to state your opinions. I really think you probably do have FDR's ear, but we are all just names on a screen and I have no proof of it. NOTHING is official until the company says it is.

My problem is that a CEO, or whatever his title is, would choose to use a friend to pass information along to tens of thousands of Cruise Critic posters on a message board rather than through the official channels in his own company. It only places you in the very bad position of then having to try to defend that this information is valid. And that is really unfair to you.

Not trying to kill the messenger. My only point was that it is ridiculous for a company to communicate with customers in this fashion and I will not participate in that by asking you to "please ask FDR" anything. If he wants to tell me something he knows how to do it.

Excellent idea! Then again, to whom shall I gloat when they say "it is NOT going fleet-wide" and less than a week later - BAMN! Room service charge is fleet wide LOL Gotta love the folks in the know, eh?

I always annoys me when I hear someone "fell overboard" on a cruise because anyone who has ever actually been on a cruise knows its impossible to simply "fall overboard". The person who went over had to either been doing something stupid and went overboard or perhaps could have been forced overboard with the last option being that they willing jumped overboard. But why would someone on their vacation feel compelled to jump overboard. I'm thinking if I was on a cruise with some of the posters in this forum, jumping overboard might be a preferable experience to remaining to hear your excessive whining, gloating and all over douche-baggery.

Both of my reservations for Cagneys are nowhere to be found and i cannot make a reservation for Cagneys during my upcoming trip on the getaway may 30th thru june 6

My Cagney's reservation has also been removed from the web page and I paid for the reservation in advance! What is going on now? My reservation was on the June 6th sailing. Update: still missing but if I look at my cruise summary it shows two events that day (which would be correct, Cagney's and Legally Blonde).

Edited by vicocala
:confused

To your point:

Originally Posted by russianmom View Post

Like I said before... Unless you are employed in some official PR capacity for NCL I highly highly doubt DelFeeo is giving insider info to you to pass along here on CC.

Jancruz1

You are incorrect..I always ask him when I email him if I can post his answer or not and he either says yes or no..

I have been doing this for Oceania for 11 years..so people on that board understand..

I am unsure what the point is of this post. Are you trying to portray me as a liar? You have cut and pasted comments that were made in reference to questions about Cagney's going à la carte. I was answering a question about room service charges going fleet wide.

For clarification; There was a thread about the room service going fleet wide. jancruz posted on that thread and adamantly said that was not the case. She referred to her source as 'the boss' to which she took a great deal of flack. She finally said the the boss was indeed FDR who is a good friend of her's. At that point in time, on that very day it was true that the room service charge was not fleet wide.

Since that thread (which has been deleted) more reports have come about that the Room Service charge was going fleet wide as of May 1st. When jancruz posted in this thread and because of her friendship with FDR I took the opportunity and asked her;

Post #294

"As per the conversation not too long ago, will he now confirm or deny that the room service charges are going fleet wide as of May 1st?"

she replied to me in Post # 298

"He has confirmed that to me last week.."

To which I thanked her in Post #300

"Thanks for that."

That was the conversation between her and I and deals only with the room service charge. The quotes you have listed are in regards to the Cagney changes.

I made my comment to the person asking about the room service charges because I believe that to be the case. The reports on here from regular cc users and including that of jancruz combined with the changes made to the NCL website reflect that to be the case. NCL is under no obligation to make an official announcement about those changes and I highly doubt we will see one. May 1st is just a couple of days away, it will come and things will change and we will all have to deal with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In response to other comments made on this thread; In my opinion I have always been polite to jancruz and believe that her intentions are of the best in that she just wants to provide reliable and accurate information to the people here on the NCL boards. At the same time I can understand why people would doubt her as a 'source', especially reporting one thing and having it changed so soon afterwards. I don't think because a policy changed that she deserves to be attacked by others, she posted what she knew to be true at the time. If I were her I would be upset about being 'attacked' by some members here on CC but I think part of the blame for that should fall on her good friend FDR. She asked a question of him and asked if it could be posted here on CC. He answered her question and obviously said okay to it being posted. He had to have known at that time that what she was posting would not be true less than two weeks later. If it were me I would be more upset that my good friend set me up to look unreliable and made me susceptible to the backlash.

Rochelle

Edited by rochelle_s

Misunderstandings

I am unsure what the point is of this post. Are you trying to portray me as a liar?

No! Sorry I'm not good at copy and paste.

Please; I'm just trying to understand. Is FDR is giving Jancruz insider information to feed to us?

According to Jancruz, pax on Oceania have been understanding her.(?)

Why FDR doesn't say something is beyond me.

Edited by $hip$hape

Both of my reservations for Cagneys are nowhere to be found and i cannot make a reservation for Cagneys during my upcoming trip on the getaway may 30th thru june 6

My Cagney's reservations are also missing from my MyNCL account (June 5 Dawn). I called to ask what happened, the person I spoke with said the reservations are still listed on our account. She emailed me a confirmation that shows all of our reservations.

I couldn't agree more. Nothing against jancruz at all its not her fault he's feeding her this information or not as she states she's just the messenger which is not professional for him to feed info this way. He needs to man up and say what's really going on IMO

Geri

Unless a poster here knows jancruz personally... Anyone who believes he/she based on the posts here should consider buying a bridge or 2

Oh and I just happen to own a few that I'm trying to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

I read that thread and I thought she said that room service charges were not CURRENTLY fleetwide. Not that they never would be. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am remembering incorrectly.

IMO, a lot of these comments are pretty mean spirited. Especially considering this is all conjecture at this point.

Edited by katon