Does Royal Caribbean still give diamond members three free drinks a day.

It's three drinks between 5 and 8pm (or 5:30 and 8:30 pm, I don't remember exactly). You also have to order off a very limited menu, and you need to mention to the bartender specifically that you want to use your drink 'coupons' otherwise they'll bill your Seapass card and raise a stink when you bring this to your attention after the fact.

We will be diamond by our June 15th cruise.

Do they make basic cocktails out of the spirits listed on the drinks menu or are there basic cocktails available in the lounge or at the bar with your diamond drinks on your sea pass ?

If so could anyone suggest the type of cocktails offered please?

Edited by woodyren

My experience has been that the servers will do their best with the mixers they have to please you. They will make cosmo's, tequila sunrise...etc

The diamond lounges may not have as many mixers as the other bars.

We had a great bartender on our last Jewel cruise that made great flavored martinis. There were only a few people every night and we tipped him well. As they say......your results may vary.

If you're Diamond, but staying in a suite and have a Gold Card, are you still eligible to have the drinks on your card?

Or do they expect you to use the CL....

I thought I read previously that the reason for putting the drinks on the sea pass cards was because the Diamond Lounges can be crowded.

is it three total between lounge and other spots? Do the lounge drinks count as part of the three?

No, the lounge drinks are unlimited. The limit of three is only outside the lounge.

It's three drinks between 5 and 8pm (or 5:30 and 8:30 pm, I don't remember exactly). You also have to order off a very limited menu, and you need to mention to the bartender specifically that you want to use your drink 'coupons' otherwise they'll bill your Seapass card and raise a stink when you bring this to your attention after the fact.

The time depends on when dinner is. On ships where dinner is 6 and 8:30 the lounge is usually 5:00-8:30. On ships when dinner is 5:30 and 8, the happy hour is 4:30-8. So, in general an hour before early seating til late seating starts, although things are usually winding down in the lounge by 7:45 or so. We usually go to the lounge and then grab a glass of wine at a bar on our way into dinner.

If you're Diamond, but staying in a suite and have a Gold Card, are you still eligible to have the drinks on your card?

Or do they expect you to use the CL....

I thought I read previously that the reason for putting the drinks on the sea pass cards was because the Diamond Lounges can be crowded.

You'll still have the 3 drinks on your card.

My experience has been that the servers will do their best with the mixers they have to please you. They will make cosmo's, tequila sunrise...etc

The diamond lounges may not have as many mixers as the other bars.

We had a great bartender on our last Jewel cruise that made great flavored martinis. There were only a few people every night and we tipped him well. As they say......your results may vary.

Our experience trying to use the 3 drinks on your card on the Liberty in December was not very good :(

We were told no Cosmos or Margaritas in the bars. In the Diamond Lounge, there were no problems obtaining them.

Unopened beer? Sure! Since the "special" drinks served in the CL and DL vary by ship and concierge, those won't be available in the bars. They must stick to the posted list of drinks available. So don't assume that because you can get a cosmo in the CL that you can get one at a bar. Some bartenders will be more lenient about this than others. (I have been able to get a mojito on occasion.)I have seen chocolate martinis, margaritas (made with a mix, not the real thing), bloody marys, lemon drops, appletinis and even peach martinis on various ships in CL's and DL's. But those are not going to be available at the bars.

Edited by 39august

When we were on the Vision in March, we showed our SeaPass card (which clearly showed DIAMOND on the bottom) when we were ordering our drinks. Some of the bar tenders ran our cards (which showed a zero charge on our account - I checked) and some of them didn't bother.