new to X

cruzdude1

Solstice to alaska 5/1/2015

We are staying in Aqua #1628.

I need to buy a camera today.

Sell my concert tickets, I will miss opening night of the Summer Jazz Series at a local winery.

Schedule car service from Rancho Cucamonga to LAX

Are they going to show the Fight on the cruise ship?

First time on X, looking for better food than my previous two cruises.

Alaska is my bucket list, the wife likes warmer weather, did the Jewel the Seas out of San Juan last August.

Can I wear Dockers and a Polo shirt to Blu? what about Jeans?

Bon Voyage

We are staying in Aqua #1628.

I need to buy a camera today.

Sell my concert tickets, I will miss opening night of the Summer Jazz Series at a local winery.

Schedule car service from Rancho Cucamonga to LAX

Are they going to show the Fight on the cruise ship?

First time on X, looking for better food than my previous two cruises.

Alaska is my bucket list, the wife likes warmer weather, did the Jewel the Seas out of San Juan last August.

Bon Voyage

No idea if they will show "the fight" (whatever fight you are talking about)

Food is subjective and varies...but Celebrity's food is better than average and you won't go hungry :)

Dockers and polo shirt are fine for breakfast....but dinner is generally a little nicer....golf shirt or something with buttons is probably better....I don't think there is any rule against polo shirts, but you may feel out of place. Dockers are fine. Jeans without holes are also fine.

Edited by ghstudio

Rancho Cucamonga

Bon Voyage

Dress as you would to go to a 4 star restaurant in Rancho Cucamonga, or the DR at the country club. But then your friends and neighbors dine there, so can't look slouchie in front of them, now can we! Same concept.

Polos are fine and you will not feel out of place. Isn't a "golf shirt" more or less the same thing? Dockers (dark or light) or jeans on the bottom are fine as well for all meals (not just breakfast).

Dang!!! You slipped in the backdoor with a dress code thread.

To be fair, he was being given advice on how people think he SHOULD dress rather than how he CAN dress. I'm fine with people being told they can't wear flip flops and swimsuits with no shirt, but too many people start trying to split hairs with what's ok on top and bottom when there are not such strict rules.

Polos are fine and you will not feel out of place. Isn't a "golf shirt" more or less the same thing? Dockers (dark or light) or jeans on the bottom are fine as well for all meals (not just breakfast).

A golf shirt is more or less the same, but a polo is more likely to have "BIG IS BETTER" or equivalent on it :)

Admittedly, I'm suggesting a level of dress based on my experience in Blu (4+ cruises)....but I clearly stated that there was no rule against it...and it was up to the OP if they felt comfortable.

Edited by ghstudio

On your two formal nights, people will tend to dress up in Blu. Many men will wear a jacket, shirt and tie. Shirt and tie would work.

On other nights, a polo shirt and long pants is usually the norm for men.

No idea if they will show "the fight" (whatever fight you are talking about)

Food is subjective and varies...but Celebrity's food is better than average and you won't go hungry :)

Dockers and polo shirt are fine for breakfast....but dinner is generally a little nicer....golf shirt or something with buttons is probably better....I don't think there is any rule against polo shirts, but you may feel out of place. Dockers are fine. Jeans without holes are also fine.

I did Solstice last year to Alaska in Blu, no problem with polo shirts for dinner and you will see a lot of people with Jeans. You are generally okay with shirts as long as they have a collar. I usually don't disagree with GH but Alaska is a bit more low key than other cruises.

I would seriously doubt they will show the fight since its pay per view. Might show a repeat a couple of days later.

I did Solstice last year to Alaska in Blu, no problem with polo shirts for dinner and you will see a lot of people with Jeans. You are generally okay with shirts as long as they have a collar. I usually don't disagree with GH but Alaska is a bit more low key than other cruises.

Actually, I think you're agreeing...or maybe it's semantics. To me a polo shirt has no collar...it's like a Tee shirt and a golf shirt is similar but has a collar.

If there are enough drinkers onboard and you stay up late(early) enough, you will see the fight.

Excellent!

Polo shirt to me is a golf shirt, three buttons and a collar.

I hate formal anything! But I respect traditions and customs.

If you don't know what "the fight" is, you probably live a very fulfilling life.

Alaska is my bucket list cruise, I was attempting to have a more upscale dining experience.

Two previous cruises were Mexico 7 day HAL, and 7 day Southern Caribbean

out of San Juan on RC.

Thanks for your replies. This is an excellent Forum, but I get lost in here for hours at a time.

On your two formal nights, people will tend to dress up in Blu. Many men will wear a jacket, shirt and tie. Shirt and tie would work.

On other nights, a polo shirt and long pants is usually the norm for men.

Not in Alaska, most by far dress smart casual in Blu.

Actually, I think you're agreeing...or maybe it's semantics. To me a polo shirt has no collar...it's like a Tee shirt and a golf shirt is similar but has a collar.

Maybe this is a country-specific thing, but in the US, a shirt without a collar is a tee shirt. A shirt with a collar is a polo shirt. A "polo neck" is maybe what you're imagining without the collar. A golf shirt looks exactly like a polo shirt...collar, sleeves, etc. It typically is a little roomier to accommodate golf swings and is usually made of polyester or some other synthetic material. Polo shirts are usually made of cotton or a cotton blend.

The fight is Pacquaio/Mayweather and I seriously doubt it will be shown.

If you read anything about how much tickets were going for to "the

public":eek:..I would have to say Celebrity is not going to spend any money

to buy a link to the feed.....it is only on Pay Per View.