We will Never Forget

Guest Host Tink

Guest Host Tink

While we all are thinking about the lives lost in Louisiana and Mississippi, let us not forget the lives that were lost four years ago today. My friend Josh Aron was one of those, he was a waiter at the restaurant "On Top of the World", and should have had the day off, but he was called in to help with a large lunch party that was scheduled that day. His remains have never been found, but he will always remain in my heart and in my mind.

If anyone else has any stories about 9/11 they would like to share, I will allow this thread to remain up for today, and then I will close it in the morning.

Please do not use this as a forum to say hurtful things, it is just to remember those we have lost.

In Peace and Light,

:o

I had done business with an auditor from Marsh. They are an insurance broker and had a very large office in the towers. I later learned that he had perished in the attack. Hope we never have something like this happen again.

Carol

Our church remembered the victims of 9/11 today, along with the Tsunami and Katrina victims. Let's also remember those that lived, were injured and those that lost loved ones in all the disasters. They are having the greatest struggle of all.

Hard to believe that 9/11 was 4 years ago. I was on this board when my DH called to ask if I were watching the TV. :(

My son works in Secaucus, NJ and saw the towers come down. After they fell, everyone in his office just left work and went home. He took my grandson to the beach that day, he doesn't know why, just seemed like something he wanted to do.

My daughter-in-law was managing a day-care center in Morristown, NJ. They had 8 children whose parents were working in the Trade Center. A few were single parents. They waited until 11 pm that night with the children, and, thank God, all the parents showed up.

We don't forget in the UK either. Our thoughts and prayers are with all the people who lost people in 9/11 and we are so sad to hear about the devastation and loss of life caused by Katrina. God Bless all

Julie

Kent, England

Last year we sailed past the Statue of Liberty on the Regal Princess at 5am and then past Ground Zero. It was extremely emotional. Everyone was out on the decks and many threw wreaths and flowers in the water.

We remembered all that we had lost as a nation and prayed for all those no longer with us. My prayers are with all those families today.

New York was where I was born and it was quite a homecoming after 23 years in California.

I have a cousin who lives on Staten Island, worked in Manhatten at the WTC. The day of the attacks his brand new baby girl (6 weeks old) was up all night and so was Mommy and Daddy... he was running late that morning because of it. The planes struck as he was on the bridge getting into work. We thank God everyday that he was running late that day. Sadly, he lost his bestman from his wedding that day. So sad!

God Bless America.

Just reading this thread has brought tears to my eyes. I'll never forget arriving at work and seeing everyone gathered around a small tv and crying. I don't think anyone one of us will ever forget that day. My heart goes out to all who lost special people in their lives on that day.

As a transplanted New Yorker - it brngs tears to my eyes when I think about it - I spent July 4, 1976 at Windows on the World looking down at the fireworks - I was pregnant at the time. I did not loose any friends - but know many affected by many loses. I have a friend whose boys (now young men) started their careers at Kantor FItzgerald - they had both left but lost many of their friends.

A couple of Morgan Stanley trainees from Sarasota were up in the south tower when it was hit. They spent most of the next several months speaking to groups in this area about their experience... getting out of a swaying building before it fell, walking back to a mid-town hotel, driving (rather than flying) home... every overpass drapped in flags. It was as therapeutic for their audiences as for themselves... a watershed event of the most stunning kind.

Thanks, Host Tink.

What happened on that day will remain with all of us forever. We will never close our hearts to the innocent souls who were lost that day in NY, DC, and a field in PA. And also those throughout the world who suffered that day, and will suffer forevermore as they make their way through life without their loved ones, family, friends, and acquaintances.

Thanks again for providing the forum.

Living in NJ...I was driving to work that morning driving over a highway overpass where I always looked to my right to see both the twin towers and the Empire State Bldg. (the only two pieces of the NY skyline visible from there) and noticed the smoke as the initial reports of a small plane hitting the first tower came over the radio....Our lives have never been the same since then.

I had many friends, that I tried to contact, that worked in the city but cell phones were not working as I guess the cell towers were flooded with calls. Friends that worked in Secaucus, NJ after watching the disaster from the roof of thier building drove to the ferry terminal to pick up friends/family and anyone else who just wanted to get home. The ferries were the only way out of the city to NJ as the tunnels and bridges were closed other then to pedestrians.

After watching the movie this past weekend about "United Flight 93" I have done some research and donated to the memorial fund. It looks like a nice tribute to those passengers that gave thier lives as true patriot heros. http://www.flight93memorialproject.org/default.asp (in case you are interested)

In August 2001 a group of family and friends went via ferry to NYC to see friends (from Fla.) off on a cruise and watched them sail-away from the USS Intrepid. When they returned to Fla. they sent us pictures from our visit including pictures of the towers when they passed them from the cruise ship as well as taken from the plane they flew in/out of NY on. We cherish those photos as they are the last pictures we have of the towers.

For a year after that day I would find myself sobbing while driving or watching TV. I realized that on the first anniversary I had no tears left...I couldn't cry if I wanted to. It wasn't until recently watching the movie about flight 93 that I realized that tears were running down my face. After watching the movie I went into my kids rooms and kissed all 4 of them good night while they slept.

God bless those who died that day and to thier families.

Mark D.

9/11 was a horrible day for our country and one that will never be forgotten. So many wonderful people were taken form all of us that day.

Our corporate headquarters are located very close to where the WTC once stood and my VP (at that time) was ther on business and she told us how truly terrifying it was to be in the area as this was happening.

So many heros and brave people perished without any need that day but through it all it made US stonger. Although I knew noone personally who perished that day I have had many a tear flow as I read the stories of those who did.

I AM SO PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!

Archived