Live from infinity

Shirley C

Who is the cruise director on the Infinity? Any Good??

I will be on the infinity in about 6 weeks with classic drinks package, can you tell me if cocktails are included and any recommendations for same? Also what is the supplement for Bistro on 5, I was told there was a price increase?

Thanks in advance, hope you are having a great time.

Kyle Dodson is the current cruise director. We've been on other cruises with him. He's pretty good. We always get the premium beverage package, so I'm not sure what is included on one and not the other. However, there are lots of threads on this subject, and/or the Celebrity website has the info.

Bistro on 5 is now $10 per person. They have a new expanded menu with more entree type selections (ribs), as well as shakes, a gelato sundae cart, etc. they no longer do paninis, and some of the crepes have been taken off the menu, but still lots to choose from.

Shirley

Hi

We're on the Infinity 15 night Panama Canal cruise next March in an A1. If people are having to wait 2 hours for Luminae, I'm guessing many will be trying to eat elsewhere. Do you have any idea whether the introduction of Luminae has impacted the queues for Blu?

Thanks

Hi

We're on the Infinity 15 night Panama Canal cruise next March in an A1. If people are having to wait 2 hours for Luminae, I'm guessing many will be trying to eat elsewhere. Do you have any idea whether the introduction of Luminae has impacted the queues for Blu?

Thanks

I haven't heard of any two hour waits for Luminae. Where did you hear this?

Thank you so much for spending your cruise with all of us and taking your time to answer questions.

Will be sailing on the Infinity the end of next month - was wondering how they are handling Elite and above - daily cocktail lounge or tickets and if so - how many?

Are you doing Select Dining - any long waits? Have made reservations in advance but need table for 2 - hopefully there are some?

Thank you again for your help - so appreciated! Enjoy your cruise!!

Hey Barb! You should get priority tender tickets, so no worries. We're on the Infinity in 15 days. Woo Hoo!

Linda

Not me that is the issue...it is the 40 people on my tour. I need to know where to tell them to meet. Can you find out for me? I have been asking on several boards, but no answer as yet.:(

Barb

Hey Nancy! Was thinking of you today. We met the couple on the deck above us in "your & Dee's cabin", which we always refer to as the girls' cabin! LOL. I've taken a couple of pics & will either post them here or send them to you privately. Luminae has been wonderful so far, but only two meals so far. It's a small restaurant -- only seats about 45 I think they said. It was very crowded last night when we went for dinner at 7:00 pm. They were telling people to come back at 9:30! Took about 2 hours for dinner. Today we went for brunch around 11:00 am and there were only a handful of people in there. Menu is limited -- not as many choices as MDR, but you can order some additional things from left side of MDR menu like shrimp cocktail, Cesare salad, etc. we are told it will be a different menu every night for the 17 nights. Breakfast & dinner only -- not lunch as was stated earlier by Celebrity. Sea day today & they had brunch instead of breakfast. I'm not sure if that will be every sea day or not. I'll keep you updated. Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Shirley

Shirley mentioned in her post above that people were being sent away while they were having dinner c7.00pm and told to come back at 9.30pm. Can't imagine many people being prepared to wait that long, so wondering if it has impacted Blu.

Edited by jonsmum

Currently on the 17 day Panama Canal cruise on Infinity. So far, it's been a fantastic cruise. Food in Lumine is spectacular. If anyone has any questions about the ship, let me know, and I'll try to answer them. The Internet is a bit fussy as to where it can be accessed, so I may not get to answer right away, but I'm here for the next 16 days, so will get to them as quickly as I can.

Shirley

Wife & I have 17 day Panama Canal Infinity out of San Fran in September 2015. We are Aqua 1 on deck 11 on the left side. We chose the left so we could view the coast while traveling south out of San Fran to Panama. Also we should have a nice view going through the Panama Canal (I hope).

Which area of Infinity are you on, just curious (hope you have a great location)?

Keep the info coming please, have fun!

CaptDave

Wife & I have 17 day Panama Canal Infinity out of San Fran in September 2015. We are Aqua 1 on deck 11 on the left side. We chose the left so we could view the coast while traveling south out of San Fran to Panama. Also we should have a nice view going through the Panama Canal (I hope).

Which area of Infinity are you on, just curious (hope you have a great location)?

CaptDave

Your view of the coast is limited to "line of sight"....so if the ship is sailing within 12 or so miles of the coast, you will see it faintly in the distance. Ditto with mountains...faintly in the distance. Generally, irrespective of the side, you'll see.....water.

I believe that going through the panama canal, folks on both sides of the ship will have pretty much equal views :)

Shirley mentioned in her post above that people were being sent away while they were having dinner c7.00pm and told to come back at 9.30pm. Can't imagine many people being prepared to wait that long, so wondering if it has impacted Blu.

That's pretty scary....and of course that's peak time for Blu as well, so you might have to eat in the MDR, buffet or specialty restaurant instead of what you thought you'd booked.

Actually, if it happens often, it will be a publicity and potentially a financial nightmare for Celebrity.....hopefully, this was just a one time fluke...

Edited by ghstudio

Hopefully it was a fluke because if you are suppose to eat in Blu or Lumanie, I can't see there being enough room in the MDR for those people.

That's why when you book a cruise and select or early or late seating in MDR are "sold" out that means they are full. I can't see them having enough room for people that are scheduled to eat elsewhere.

In that case the line for Select in the MDR would then get overwhelmed.

Edited by CruisingChick

Currently on the 17 day Panama Canal cruise on Infinity. So far, it's been a fantastic cruise. Food in Lumine is spectacular. If anyone has any questions about the ship, let me know, and I'll try to answer them. The Internet is a bit fussy as to where it can be accessed, so I may not get to answer right away, but I'm here for the next 16 days, so will get to them as quickly as I can.

Shirley

Sailing on the Infinity in 22 days: Please th=ell me about the LUMINE Restaurant???

Not me that is the issue...it is the 40 people on my tour. I need to know where to tell them to meet. Can you find out for me? I have been asking on several boards, but no answer as yet.:(

Barb

Barb, we have one tender port on our cruise (Icy Strait Point), so I'll see what they say about that. Remind me if I forget to tell you when I get back (May 27).

Linda

His first name is Lenny. I'll post his entire name once I'm back in our cabin. He is excellent. We've gone to him with several requests & he responded very quickly.

Shirley

Shirley, is the Lenny that was the Conceirge on the Reflection last year? If so, please tell him hello from Garry and Bob and tell him we'll be boarding the ship May 26 and are looking forward to seeing him again.

You're doing a wonderful job with your live reports and we thank you for taking the time (and your minutes!) to update us about the ship.

Garry

Shirley, is the Lenny that was the Conceirge on the Reflection last year? If so, please tell him hello from Garry and Bob and tell him we'll be boarding the ship May 26 and are looking forward to seeing him again.

You're doing a wonderful job with your live reports and we thank you for taking the time (and your minutes!) to update us about the ship.

Garry

I will check with him tomorrow and let you know. I don't think he was, but I'll find out for sure.

Shirley

CaptDave

We are port side. It's a pretty good location -- the penthouse! 😉. Very nice aft & side views.

Shirley

That's pretty scary....and of course that's peak time for Blu as well, so you might have to eat in the MDR, buffet or specialty restaurant instead of what you thought you'd booked.

Actually, if it happens often, it will be a publicity and potentially a financial nightmare for Celebrity.....hopefully, this was just a one time fluke...

We've only eaten dinner twice in Luminae. Other than the first night (embarkation), it has not been busy. Even on sea day brunch there were lots of empty tables. We will be eating dinner there again in a couple of days so I'll give an update.

Shirley

Sailing on the Infinity in 22 days: Please th=ell me about the LUMINE Restaurant???

We love it. It is upscale food and presented beautifully. I think they are still working out a few kinks, but that's understandable. The menu is more limited than the MDR. Not as many choices. My only criticism would be that the tables are very close together so you can sometimes hear other people's conversations. If you have any specific questions I can answer about Luminae, just let me know.

Thank you so much for spending your cruise with all of us and taking your time to answer questions.

Will be sailing on the Infinity the end of next month - was wondering how they are handling Elite and above - daily cocktail lounge or tickets and if so - how many?

Are you doing Select Dining - any long waits? Have made reservations in advance but need table for 2 - hopefully there are some?

Thank you again for your help - so appreciated! Enjoy your cruise!!

We have not gone to the Elite happy hour, as we've been going to Michael's Club (which is wonderful). I know that it is being held in the Constellation Lounge on Deck 11 and not using tickets.

Not doing select dining, so I can't help you there, but I will ask around and see what I can find out.

Shirley

Do you have any tendered ports, and if so can you tell me where they hand out the tender tickets for those not on Celebrity tours?

Thanks

We have a tendered port near the end of the cruise, so I will get back to you with an answer.

Shirley