Day-of-the-Week Elevator Rugs

Ky Colonel

Two recent posts indicated that the Day-of-the-Week elevator rugs (which I had noticed were missing on our most recent 4 or 5 cruises) were on the 3-18-15 Eurodam sailing and on the 4-7-15 Maasdam sailing, prompting me to wonder if HAL has re-instituted use of the DotW rugs system-wide or just on selected ships/itineraries.

Does anyone know? If so, please reply.

Thanks and smooth sailing,

Rod

They were on the Eurodam on March 22nd.

Okay, I'm going to share something embarrassing with you all:

Since we are retired, DH gets up some mornings and says "Is this Tuesday or Wednesday?" (I assume he is not alone in this.)

I said that we needed elevator-type rugs -- too bad there is no one to come in and change them each night! Anyway, I took some 5 x 7 card stock and printed out the days of the week on them. Then I kinda decorated each one and had them laminated. I put a small easel between the sinks on the vanity and I change the card when I go to bed. That way, the card is the first thing we see in the morning!

(A calendar would not serve the same purpose because it shows ALL the days and doesn't tell you what day it is!)

Silly?

Since we are retired, DH gets up some mornings and says "Is this Tuesday or Wednesday?" (I assume he is not alone in this.)

I said that we needed elevator-type rugs -- too bad there is no one to come in and change them each night! Anyway, I took some 5 x 7 card stock and printed out the days of the week on them. Then I kinda decorated each one and had them laminated. I put a small easel between the sinks on the vanity and I change the card when I go to bed. That way, the card is the first thing we see in the morning!

(A calendar would not serve the same purpose because it shows ALL the days and doesn't tell you what day it is!)

Silly?

Very ingenious !!

Silly absolutely not! Very cleaver!

I like that?

Denise

Silly?

That's a great story. Since I was laid off I can't remember what day it is either. That said, I forgot when I was working too :o.

A calendar would not serve the same purpose because it shows ALL the days and doesn't tell you what day it is!

I have one of those page-a-day calendars on my kitchen counter. It shows only the day of the week and the date, so it would serve the purpose.

This year mine has questions (or answers) from Jeopardy! on it, so we get a trivia game each day as well. But I've had other page-a-day calendars with inspirational quotes, cupcake recipes, or just pictures of Australian scenery.

Two recent posts indicated that the Day-of-the-Week elevator rugs (which I had noticed were missing on our most recent 4 or 5 cruises) were on the 3-18-15 Eurodam sailing and on the 4-7-15 Maasdam sailing, prompting me to wonder if HAL has re-instituted use of the DotW rugs system-wide or just on selected ships/itineraries.

Does anyone know? If so, please reply.

Thanks and smooth sailing,

Rod

They were on the March 30 Statendam sailing.

They were on the Nieuw Amsterdam for the Dec 7 2014 cruise we were on.

I seem to remember someone (do not remember if it was our sailing or another ships') saying that the "Day of the Week" mats were only on the Glass Elevator floors.

I will pay attention when we board Noordam next week and make sure to check every elevator on the ship for those floor mats:D

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

From what I understand the Vista Class does not have the day of the week rugs in the elevators but all the others have them.

... from the many replies above, I think you may have hit on the "answer" ... much to my disappointment as all of our already-booked HAL cruises will be on Vista class ships. I sure wish that HAL wold bring the DotW rugs back system-wide.

Do you think a petition campaign would succeed in getting HAL to bring the rugs back on the Vista Class ships? Or do I need to stop cruising on Vista Class ships and move up the the Eurodam, Niew Amsterdam and Koningsdam?

Smooth sailing,

Rod

... Since we are retired, DH gets up some mornings and says "Is this Tuesday or Wednesday?" (I assume he is not alone in this.)

Silly?

Great story and IMHO not silly at all - in fact, it's an ingenious solution to a problem common to many of us Seasoned Citizens!

Thanks foir sharing your story and smooth sailing,

Rod

... We are retired and could care less what day of the week it is.

KK, Good for you, but some of us do not want (or, in some cases, cannot afford) to live in blissful ignorance of what day of the week it is ... so for us I wish HAL would bring the DotW rugs back - you can pretend the rugs aren't there by not looking down at the elevator floors.. ...

BTW today is Thursday!!!

Smooth sailing,

Rod