Suites - Room Service Dinner Menu

RLK33853

We have cruised in Suites before but never took advantage of Room Service for dinner. Princess indicates that one of the Suite perks is an expanded Room Service menu for all meals - what exactly does that mean?

We know the Breakfast menu is pretty much anything you want to order. Is the expanded evening Dinner menu the same as the one in the Dining Rooms?

Just wondering as this is a port intensive Med cruise and although we love going to the Dining Room most nights, we may just want to stay in the room after some ports and we hate the Horizon Court.

thanks everyone!!!

Yes, you may order from the regular dining room menu.

Just ask your cabin steward to bring you the menu each morning. We almost always order our lunch from the regular dining room menu to eat in our suite.

We have cruised in Suites before but never took advantage of Room Service for dinner. Princess indicates that one of the Suite perks is an expanded Room Service menu for all meals - what exactly does that mean?

We know the Breakfast menu is pretty much anything you want to order. Is the expanded evening Dinner menu the same as the one in the Dining Rooms?

Just wondering as this is a port intensive Med cruise and although we love going to the Dining Room most nights, we may just want to stay in the room after some ports and we hate the Horizon Court.

thanks everyone!!!

Your steward should provide you with the menus for the MDR. You can order anything on the MDR menu from Room Service, but only during the times that the MDR is open.

Regarding breakfast, the suite room service menu does have hot selections such as omelettes, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats and hash browns in addition to the egg, bacon and cheese breakfast muffin. For real choice at breakfast, Sabatini's is the better choice if you can get there before your tours.

What is really nice is that room service also puts a table cloth over your table and sets it all up nicely for you too. We were in an owner's suite a few months ago and ordered off the mdr menu on formal night. It was quite nice to have a nicely made table and yummy dinner while dining comfortably in our shorts! On another cruise we were in a Vista suite and did not have the inside dining table, but they used the table cloth on our balcony table. Very nice touch!

It's my understanding that if you order multiple courses from the MDR dinner menu in your suite, it is not served course by course, but that the entire meal arrives at the same time. Is this true?

It's my understanding that if you order multiple courses from the MDR dinner menu in your suite, it is not served course by course, but that the entire meal arrives at the same time. Is this true?

Yes, you get it all at once. They will leave the lids on the plates if you so desire, but you do need to be ready to eat every course one after another.

Yes, you get it all at once. They will leave the lids on the plates if you so desire, but you do need to be ready to eat every course one after another.

And don't order a desert with ice cream. We did, not really thinking about it, and it came with the rest of the dinner.. The desert still was really good even with melted ice cream. We did put the dish in the refrigerator but with no freezer it melted.

I guess the best way to have a leisurely dinner en suite would be to call room service and order an appetizer and soup/salad course. Then, later on, call back and order an entree. That way you're not having to rush through the first two courses to get to the entree before it gets cold. Relaxing with a glass of wine while waiting for the fresh, hot entree to arrive wouldn't be too difficult of an effort, IMO! ;)

I guess the best way to have a leisurely dinner en suite would be to call room service and order an appetizer and soup/salad course. Then, later on, call back and order an entree. That way you're not having to rush through the first two courses to get to the entree before it gets cold. Relaxing with a glass of wine while waiting for the fresh, hot entree to arrive wouldn't be too difficult of an effort, IMO! ;)

Why don't you just order an UBD then you aren't having them run back and forth for every plate of food. :(

Why don't you just order an UBD then you aren't having them run back and forth for every plate of food. :(

Oh, we like the UBD, but I'm referring to a night where perhaps a fish or pasta entree on the MDR menu might be appealing and we want to have a quiet, leisurely dinner en suite. That, and my previous post suggested a maximum of two visits from the room service staff (appetizer and soup/salad course brought together, followed later by entree). Don't be silly -- no way would we place four or five separate calls/orders just to get through one meal!

If you have two guests booked in the suite, and your two children booked in another room - can you order off the menu for all four people? Or is it only for the two people in the suite?

This is one thing you can share. You can order four meals even if you only have two people to eat them - as long as they are all delivered to a suite.:)

Oh, we like the UBD, but I'm referring to a night where perhaps a fish or pasta entree on the MDR menu might be appealing and we want to have a quiet, leisurely dinner en suite. That, and my previous post suggested a maximum of two visits from the room service staff (appetizer and soup/salad course brought together, followed later by entree). Don't be silly -- no way would we place four or five separate calls/orders just to get through one meal!

I hope you understand that there are time constraints. What you're suggesting would not only be hard to do but place undue burdens on the crew... May I suggest a cruise line with butlers?

And don't order a desert with ice cream. We did, not really thinking about it, and it came with the rest of the dinner.. The desert still was really good even with melted ice cream. We did put the dish in the refrigerator but with no freezer it melted.

Thanks for the "Heads Up", I hadn't thought about that, so used to having a refrigerator with a freezer compartment, even when I had a small one!

That's what's so wonderful about Cruise Critic, anyone who finds out something useful, quickly "shares" with others to help them out. I've learnt ever such a LOT of useful information I would never have thought of myself!

Crochetcruise :cool:

Have often had room service from MDR when have been unable to get to MDR due to back problem. have never asked for it but when DW shows up without me they send her back and arrive with our meal.

How early in the day do you order your dinner room service?

M.

We would just order about a half hour before we wanted to eat. When they had a soufflé or ice cream dessert that we wanted, we would order our appetizer, soup or salad and entree at one time and then order the dessert when we were about finished with the entree. We tipped both times.

If you are paying the big bucks for a suite then you have every right to ask and Princess will tell you what they can and can't do. You don't ask you will never know.

I hope you understand that there are time constraints. What you're suggesting would not only be hard to do but place undue burdens on the crew... May I suggest a cruise line with butlers?

If someone calls room service at 7:00pm and orders a cheese plate and a sandwich, then calls back at 10:00pm and orders a slice of cake and a bucket of ice, in your opinion are they placing an undue burden on the room service staff?

In other words, what would be an acceptable time to allow pass between two room service orders to avoid burdening the staff?

If someone calls room service at 7:00pm and orders a cheese plate and a sandwich, then calls back at 10:00pm and orders a slice of cake and a bucket of ice, in your opinion are they placing an undue burden on the room service staff?

In other words, what would be an acceptable time to allow pass between two room service orders to avoid burdening the staff?

As long as extra trips translate into extra tips, you should be fine.