Warning to anyone booked on 3 nights cruises

You know when you spent all that time choosing and booking restaurants (a process I have defended on here)? Well you needn't have bothered, as the menu will be the same in ALL free restaurants every night of your cruise! Email confirmation from RCI below:

Thank you for your email, received and reviewed by Stuart Leven, Managing Director, concerning the dynamic dining arrangements on your forthcoming 3 day sailing on Anthem of the Seas.

We would like to explain that following a series of similar short sailing on Quantum of the Seas, the feedback from our valued guests was that they were unable to visit all of the dynamic dining restaurants due to the limited time onboard.

Therefore, and in order for all of our valued guests to have the opportunity to sample dishes from all of the dynamic dining restaurants, a special menu has been introduced for the 3 nights sailing's, which includes several of the most popular dishes from each of the dynamic dining restaurants. There will be a different menu for each night of the sailing.

You know when you spent all that time choosing and booking restaurants (a process I have defended on here)? Well you needn't have bothered, as the menu will be the same in ALL free restaurants every night of your cruise! Email confirmation from RCI below:

Thank you for your email, received and reviewed by Stuart Leven, Managing Director, concerning the dynamic dining arrangements on your forthcoming 3 day sailing on Anthem of the Seas.

We would like to explain that following a series of similar short sailing on Quantum of the Seas, the feedback from our valued guests was that they were unable to visit all of the dynamic dining restaurants due to the limited time onboard.

Therefore, and in order for all of our valued guests to have the opportunity to sample dishes from all of the dynamic dining restaurants, a special menu has been introduced for the 3 nights sailing's, which includes several of the most popular dishes from each of the dynamic dining restaurants. There will be a different menu for each night of the sailing.

RCCL UK are actually are puting the blame on past guests for this !!! OMG have they totally lost it ?

What a load of garbage, really do they actually think that guests will fall for this garbage ?

The 3 nighters on Quantum were in NOVEMBER last year !!

They let guests booked on the Anthem 3 nighters book the restaurants they wanted to eat in and then suddenly at the last minute....wham...hey sorry buddy blame past guests for this wishy washy bland boring send you to sleep menu.

Between this mess and the false advertising Dreamworks mess..wow RCCL UK you have not done yourself any favours at all..... actually you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I wonder if there will be a job shuffle soon at RCCL UK.

How do they make the word 'valued' sound so cheap!

How do they make the word 'valued' sound so cheap!

My thoughts too - and since I received the same standard response I will be asking who those 'valued' members were since, to my knowledge, there were only a few 3-nighters on Quantum which mainly consisted of invited guests (obviously 'valued' over paying guests).

Whilst I tend to balk at advertising my status and booked cruisers (unlike some posters on these boards) I am D+ with Royal and Elite with Celebrity (both in their own right) and currently have 11 cruises booked with RC/Celebrity/Azamara. Does this not make me a valued cruiser and is my opinion and feedback worth so little.

I really prickled at the repeated use of the word 'valued' in the email response and when I write again (which I will after my forthcoming Anthem cruise) I will be querying what does 'valued' actual mean to the company

I am sorry folks but I do not see what the big fuss is. Surely people booking a 3 night cruise is booking it as a sampler cruise. So the menus being used for these cruises are offering the best selection of the menus and food available. I have tried these menu's and found them to be really good. To those going relax and enjoy the ship, it is amazing.:D

I am sorry folks but I do not see what the big fuss is. Surely people booking a 3 night cruise is booking it as a sampler cruise. So the menus being used for these cruises are offering the best selection of the menus and food available. I have tried these menu's and found them to be really good. To those going relax and enjoy the ship, it is amazing.:D

Agree! I'm on Anthe right now and have enjoyed the 'A Taste of Anthem'.

The same menu in all restaurants, however the best from the different restaurants and it is clearly marked from whice restaurant.

A sampler cruise with a sampler menu - does certainly work for us.

Yes, we booked it to sample all the delights that Q class has to offer - including Dynamic Dining as it is supposed to operated. For those of you who have had the benefit of trying the restaurants operating with the full menu you may not see what the big fuss is all about. However, to use my party as an example, we chose the Grande and Silk as we specifically liked the choices in those restaurants. We are dining in Wonderland one night which at least should stick to the script.

I have seen the menu for night 1 (when we are in the Grande) and the items I would have chosen from the Grande menu do not appear on night 1. I have yet to see what is on offer in night 3 (when we are in Silk) but I would expect to turn up to a restaurant offering a particular type of food and get that food - I don't got to (say) a Thai restaurant to be offered a burger, a pasta dish, a grilled chicken dish etc.

I understand why some people think this is a great idea - after all it's just another type of MDR menu - a bit of this and a bit of that, an attempt to offer something to appeal to everyone but this time dressed up with 'as offered in......'

With all due respect you may think the items being offered are the best selections, that doesn't mean everyone else does And if they intended to do this I think they should have made the menus available well in advance in order that we could make our Speciality Dining choices to fit in with menus we were less keen on - which is exactly what we do on our other RC cruises.

I have every intention to relax - I am cruising with a great bunch of friends - but I reiterate that I am not getting the dining experience I expected - and paid for.

Edited by Bobal

Well .... duh RCI - did people really think they could do all ALL the restaurants on a 3 nighter? I doubt it...and I call BS on this....just a way for them to save on the food bill and make it look like they are listening to their customers.

That sucks....and they got me...because now I'm going to have to change my choices to include at least one paid restaurant because I don't want to sit down to a 'best of' menu - I chose the restaurants based on the menus on the website

Edited by timtam2

I'm guessing this applies to the Quantum 3 night out of Singapore next month? If so... that really sucks... Was looking forward to fully experience those restaurants specialized menus. Guess that ain't happening anymore... :(

But the best according to who? Certainly not me, few of the dishes I wanted to eat are listed on the 3 menus.

Consider this - assume 6 choices per restaurant in each on the full menu = 24 choices per course across the ship. On the 3 nighters we will have the choice of 8 choices per course.

I also notice most of the people saying "relax it's nit a big deal" are not going on the 3 night cruises!

I agree with many of the posters here. It should stick with different menus in different restaurants. It is what's a true sampler is all about. If you want to try all restaurants? Easy. Just do lunch or breakfast at American Icon.

I feel strongly that it is a cost-cutting and lazy method.

And also, how can they fit 4000 people's ifly bookings in a 3- nighter? Oh, a sampler.....some get to do it, some not? It is too expensive a cruise not to do it (if one wants to). If I just want to see it, I can see it on you tube, I don't need to pay to get on the ship.

I am on fence with a 3-nighter because I can't see how it would work for us. Simply not enough time on the ship and at ports. I know, a sampler. But it is just too rush.

I cancelled one of my complimentary dining bookings for the 1st night and booked and paid for Jamie's instead ....then I see the thread about Jamie's on Anthem going a la carte now instead of the cover charge......I hope they haven't done this on Quantum too! I don't want to spend the 1st night arguing about a restaurant bill :confused:

But the best according to who? Certainly not me, few of the dishes I wanted to eat are listed on the 3 menus.

Consider this - assume 6 choices per restaurant in each on the full menu = 24 choices per course across the ship. On the 3 nighters we will have the choice of 8 choices per course.

I also notice most of the people saying "relax it's nit a big deal" are not going on the 3 night cruises!

If they are offering 2 choices from each restaurant that will give you 8 choices a night. If they change the menu each of the 3 nights that will give you 24 choices. That sounds like a pretty good sample of the restaurants to me.

If they are offering 2 choices from each restaurant that will give you 8 choices a night. If they change the menu each of the 3 nights that will give you 24 choices. That sounds like a pretty good sample of the restaurants to me.

It's a lot of unwanted choices, I want the full menu of the restaurant I went to the trouble of booking in advance as per Dynamic Dining requirements.

If I go to my local trattoria I don't expect the waiter to hand me a menu combining choices from other restaurants in the street.

Except NONE of the dishes I wanted to orderr in Silk appear on any of the three menus.

Plus I didn't book for a sample of restaurants, I paid over the odds to have full choice of dynamic dining. I could have paid £150 less and gone on P&O and got what I paid for.

On that basis you could have paid a lot less and gone on a 7 night cruise with several cruise lines, Yes you would get what you paid for, but would you really want it !!! :eek:

............. I could have paid £150 less and gone on P&O and got what I paid for.

Glad that I canceled the 3-nighter than I booked. Sorry for those who don't like this sample menu. I didn't find the sample menu to be that appealing either. I would rather stay with the menu for that particular restaurant.

Edited by nyc12345

Glad that I canceled the 3-nighter than I booked. Sorry for those who don't like this sample menu. I didn't find the sample menu to be that appealing either. I would rather stay with the menu for that particular restaurant.

Is there anywhere I can go to see what items are on the sampling menu? If I'm going to be stuck with this, I want to know what I'm up for and what to expect. Kinda disappointed in Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except NONE of the dishes I wanted to orderr in Silk appear on any of the three menus.

Exactly what we experienced on 2nd night at Anthem Inaugural cruise - my husband was really looking forward to tasting the Banh Bao (what Silk call Vietnamese Tacos), they where not in the menu. In fact most of the items where not what we where really wanting.

Is there anywhere I can go to see what items are on the sampling menu?

You can find the 2nd night (I believe that is the 1st "Taste of Anthem" they did on our sailing) on my blog here: http://hjorth.com/menus-from-anthem-of-the-seas/

I'm sorry I only have the 2nd night, no idea what they did 1st night and I did not think to capture the menu on the 7th night. Night 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 they did their respectively full menus to the best of my knowledge.

Br

Nicolai

Edited by BigDane

I'm sorry I only have the 2nd night, no idea what they did 1st night and I did not think to capture the menu on the 7th night. Night 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 they did their respectively full menus to the best of my knowledge.

Br

Nicolai

That's great actually, thank you Nicloai!