Luminae - lunch

koolforkatz

Try this:

http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Celebrity_Cruises_Suites_Spas__Signature_Sailings?Page=0

No idea why the other link stopped working. The one in this post works as of just now.

[Too late to edit my original post; I tried]

Jane

PS In case the link stops working, it can be found under Community/Live Chats and is dated Jan 30, 2015.

Title is: Celebrity Cruises: Suites, Spas & Signature Sailings

Hopefully, Celebrity Cruises will show the complete transcript to the "powers that be" and it will be part of their internal discussions. Certainly Ms Rzymowska is an official spokesman for Celebrity UK.

I've saved a copy of those pages locally.

Edited by ghstudio

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, but we can confirm that Luminae will have a lunch experience for embarkation day as well as for sea days.

Thanks for replying. Does that mean I can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in Luminae every day of my cruise if I do book a suite?

Or are there any restrictions?

Also, when will this commence from?

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, but we can confirm that Luminae will have a lunch experience for embarkation day as well as for sea days.

Thank you for working on this! Glad that my assumption that work was being done behind the scenes seems correct.

Hope they also find a way to offer a mid-day meal on some port days, but embarkation lunch goes a long way towards setting a positive tone for "The Suite Class" experience.

It's nice to have Celebrity social media rep(s) monitoring these boards and reporting back to corporate and to us.

Jane

Hi all,

I suggest you offer what you said you would be doing, not what you have decided. I don't like the MDR, and if we are forced to go there for other meals that you originally said we would have..that's the end.

What in the world is a "lunch experience"

Edited by Merriem

Hi all,

What is a lunch experience? what are the hours on sea days? what about lunch on port days? what about breakfasts on sea days?

I'm not sure you've added any new information other than some sort of lunch will be available at embarkation (and the report from the summit said it was something in the select dining area, not in michael's or Luminae). Clearly, you have avoided almost all the issues raised.

I think all the concerns expressed here are still open and valid and the issues, at least from a customer perspective, are not closed.

Edited by ghstudio

What is a lunch "experience"?

What is offered to suite guests on port days?

Is a port day considered a port day if we dock at 4pm or later?

If you will be serving breakfast in lieu of lunch (ridiculous) on port days will the SDR be open later than 9am?

Stopping breakfast service at 9am on a day you will not serve lunch in SDR is also ridiculous.

Thank you.

This is from the latest PDF.

Light lunch is served on embarkation day with the following being served: mini tea sandwiches, salads, fruit plate, mini desserts, pastries etc.

Nothing close to the sit-down lunch experienced by needtobespoiled on the Summit.

But more than we received on the Solstice :rolleyes:

In addition to my above post, I would also suggest that on days where you serve brunch, lunch experience or whatever you want to call it starting at 11am (ridiculous), you should make available a continental breakfast in Luminae prior to that 11am start time. This should be fullsized pastry, fruit, cheese, yogurt, salmon, etc. Nothing "mini". Serve yourself coffee too. At least let us sit in the damn SDR and serve ourselves so we can enjoy the room and not have to go cattleherd ourselves at Oceanview!

Yeah, I am annoyed with you guys.

What is a lunch experience? what are the hours on sea days? what about lunch on port days? what about breakfasts on sea days?

I'm not sure you've added any new information other than some sort of lunch will be available at embarkation. Clearly, you have avoided almost all the issues raised.

I think all the concerns expressed here are still open and valid.

I second that.

On Sunday, The Sunday Times newspaper in the UK, circulation 2 million, ran a one page article on Celebrity Suite Class titled,

"Home suite home on the high seas"
with the by-line
"With butlers, suites and endless champers, cruising's golden age is making a comeback"

Over 60% of their readership are socio-economic group AB, which is very much the target market for Celebrity. So when these people think great lets look at Celebrity, acquire copies of the UK brochure which clearly states breakfast, lunch and dinner in Luminae and then find once on board that these meals are not provided, what exactly does Celebrity think will be the outcome? Let's be clear, in the EU and the UK, the Sales of Goods Act trumps the cruise contract and it applies to holidays as equally as it does to purchasing a television. A summary of its principal provisions are that:

All goods must be:

• as described

• of satisfactory quality and

• fit for purpose

If they're not, the retailer is in breach of contract and you have a claim under the Sale of Goods Act

There are to the best of my knowledge no exceptions.

I second that.

On Sunday, The Sunday Times newspaper in the UK, circulation 2 million, ran a one page article on Celebrity Suite Class titled,

"Home suite home on the high seas"
with the by-line
"With butlers, suites and endless champers, cruising's golden age is making a comeback"

Over 60% of their readership are socio-economic group AB, which is very much the target market for Celebrity. So when these people think great lets look at Celebrity, acquire copies of the UK brochure which clearly states breakfast, lunch and dinner in Luminae and then find once on board that these meals are not provided, what exactly does Celebrity think will be the outcome? Let's be clear, in the EU and the UK, the Sales of Goods Act trumps the cruise contract and it applies to holidays as equally as it does to purchasing a television. A summary of its principal provisions are that:

All goods must be:

• as described

• of satisfactory quality and

• fit for purpose

If they're not, the retailer is in breach of contract and you have a claim under the Sale of Goods Act

There are to the best of my knowledge no exceptions.

I am moving to europe

Brunch menu looks AWESOME.

18cfe28525778f283f4bc7558282e7ba.jpg

No idea what I'll have yet, I can barely decide!

We asked about room service menus and they haven't changed yet and said the quality of the food wouldn't be the same if served as room service.

Yes Arno, I remember our conversations with Lucy :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest you offer what you said you would be doing, not what you have decided. I don't like the MDR, and if we are forced to go there for other meals that you originally said we would have..that's the end.

Methinks it's the "lunchier" items from the brunch menu above. :(

My thoughts exactly.... lunch "experience". Really??? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure you've added any new information other than some sort of lunch will be available at embarkation (and the report from the summit said it was something in the select dining area, not in michael's or Luminae). Clearly, you have avoided almost all the issues raised.

I think all the concerns expressed here are still open and valid and the issues, at least from a customer perspective, are not closed.

I agree on all points... the new information is clear as mud! :confused:

Hi all,

Anything less than 3 square meals per day (sea days AND port days) and a true lunch on embarkation day is less than most of us envisioned when you announced the Suite Class benefits in early 2014.

Celebrity has had plenty of time to think through the original promotion of these benefits and I find it more than peculiar that 15 months later we (guests booked in suites) are finding ourselves in this quandary to be begging and pleading with Celebrity for some clarity on a matter that smacks of smoke and mirrors.

Oh, and by the way, I am already looking at options with other cruise lines to replace my February 2016 cruise. :mad:

My thoughts exactly.... lunch "experience". Really??? :rolleyes:

I agree on all points... the new information is clear as mud! :confused:

Anything less than 3 square meals per day (sea days AND port days) and a true lunch on embarkation day is less than most of us envisioned when you announced the Suite Class benefits in early 2014.

Celebrity has had plenty of time to think through the original promotion of these benefits and I find it more than peculiar that 15 months later we (guests booked in suites) are finding ourselves in this quandary to be begging and pleading with Celebrity for some clarity on a matter that smacks of smoke and mirrors.

Oh, and by the way, I am already looking at options with other cruise lines to replace my February 2016 cruise. :mad:

Oh so am I. My fingers have been all over the Internet looking at options for New Zealand, and they sure do exist.

The fabulous brunch menu just posted from needtobespoiled's trip is much more extensive than the one we had on the Solstice. We had brunch all five sea days and it was probably 50% less than that in terms of choices.

Food is very subjective! However, you say you don't like the MDR. Yet, many SDR guests are ordering from the Left side of the MDR menu. Is it the food in the MDR or the MDR itself that you do not like? Where have you been eating before the SDR was implemented on an X ship?

Methinks it's the "lunchier" items from the brunch menu above. :(

Regarding the posted menu :

Is this fixed, or do the items change daily? Are there daily specials?

The menu is ok, but I can't imagine ordering from it more than a few times per cruise...it's too limited.

Any other info? Thanks

Regarding the posted menu :

Is this fixed, or do the items change daily? Are there daily specials?

The menu is ok, but I can't imagine ordering from it more than a few times per cruise...it's too limited.

Any other info? Thanks

The brunch menus change daily, but you can order anything you'd like, if you don't see it.

This is from the latest PDF.

Light lunch is served on embarkation day with the following being served: mini tea sandwiches, salads, fruit plate, mini desserts, pastries etc.

Nothing close to the sit-down lunch experienced by needtobespoiled on the Summit.

But more than we received on the Solstice :rolleyes:

IMHO this "lunch experience" with mini tea sandwiches is not a suite or "modern luxury" experience. It needs to be a proper sit down, freshly prepared lunch in either the SDR or a specialty restaurant. Anything else is unsatisfactory. Booked my first suite on Summit for Bermuda, likely my last if there are no changes to the initial roll-out, would rather spend the money moving up to a more premium cruise line.

Oh so am I. My fingers have been all over the Internet looking at options for New Zealand, and they sure do exist.

Agree. :) At Celebrity's CS price point and above, there are numerous luxury sailing options available (i.e., SilverSea, Seabourn, Oceania, Regent, etc...) without Celebrity's silly issue of no luxury dining for lunch on port days. :)

Edited by MiaPortia

Agree. :) At Celebrity's CS price point and above, there are numerous luxury sailing options available (i.e., SilverSea, Seabourn, Oceania, Regent ...) without the silly issue of no luxury dining for lunch on port days. :)

I just finished a month long cruise on Seabourn. The cost was roughly what a sky suite would be on Celebrity if you added an alcohol package.

A great breakfast that ends at 10:30 with a buffet and waiter service, menu and specials

A great lunch buffet that ends at 2:00 with a menu, waiter service and specials.

( on ALL days )

All civilized, easy for two to sit comfortably alone.

Oh, and the food is really good.....

No " lunch experience/ brunch " that ends at 1:00 on sea days only....

I understand, people paid a premium for the whole suite experience, and that included a full lunch in a separate dining room every day.

My question is, if Celebrity is changing their offer (as they can according to their contract) why are people not cancelling their cruise and taking their business elsewhere?

Why not exercise your options under the contract and cancel ?

I understand, people paid a premium for the whole suite experience, and that included a full lunch in a separate dining room every day.

My question is, if Celebrity is changing their offer (as they can according to their contract) why are people not cancelling their cruise and taking their business elsewhere?

Why not exercise your options under the contract and cancel ?

I plan to. Anyone want a soon to be vacant Royal suite. Like most people, I work to hard to pay for nice vacations, and I expect what I pay for.

Celebrity you advertise one thing, and now we are not getting that. Well guess what..you are not getting my money!

Edited by Merriem