Luminae - lunch

koolforkatz

Hi everyone,

We were on for the opening of the rollout of the new suite benefits for Constellation. We have six upcoming cruises that qualify for the benefits.

We booked the categories based partly on the brochure for the new benefits which we thought were great.

I saw today(although I don't know when it was first published) the updated version of the benefits which specifically talk about the two meals a day in Luminae and the other perks.

I've attached the printout. This has been modified from the original brochure as Celebrity is working out the tweaks to the benefits.

I'm keeping at this time all of our cruises, but I am still wish they had been clearer about this and other benefits that have now dropped from the original brochure. I still believe that it is a really good product, but that creating confusion was not the best move.

14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

I am glad that you think it is "much ado about nothing". I recently made a final payment in excess of $30,000 for a Celebrity cruise which is now not going to deliver everything that was advertised over a year ago with much fanfare. I guess that if I follow your way of thinking I should just let it all slide or another poster who thinks I should be patient.:D

What cruise is this? How many days is it? This much on celebrity? OMG! I do hope you get 3 meals a day in the SDR.

What time is breakfast served until in Luminae on port days?

I was on Equinox last week.

Luminae, Blu and the MDR ALL had the exact same hours for breakfast on port days. They varied from day to day depending on when the ship arrived. I think the latest was closing at 9:00 AM.

On sea days Luminae did not offer breakfast but a brunch. Most days it did not start until 10:30 AM.

Hi everyone,

We were on for the opening of the rollout of the new suite benefits for Constellation. We have six upcoming cruises that qualify for the benefits.

We booked the categories based partly on the brochure for the new benefits which we thought were great.

I saw today(although I don't know when it was first published) the updated version of the benefits which specifically talk about the two meals a day in Luminae and the other perks.

I've attached the printout. This has been modified from the original brochure as Celebrity is working out the tweaks to the benefits.

I'm keeping at this time all of our cruises, but I am still wish they had been clearer about this and other benefits that have now dropped from the original brochure. I still believe that it is a really good product, but that creating confusion was not the best move.

Thanks for posting the updated info. Needs to be required reading for all.

Wine-O.

I rarely go ashore. I like to enjoy the ship while the rest of you go ashore. One thing that excited me about the SDR was the fact I could have a nice lunch in SDR while youe are all ashore. Also, many frequent cruisers to do not leave ship from conversations I have had. Please stop generalizing.

I'm with you Jennie! We usually book RS and love to stay on board on shore days to enjoy the ship and the suite. We were thrilled when the new suite benefits were announced and looked forward to having a nice sit down lunch in Luninae. Extremely disappointed to now learn that SDR may not be open for lunch as indicated in the brochure and in the marketing articles.

I do hope it will be open breakfast, lunch, dinner when we cruise in two months.

I was on Equinox last week.

Luminae, Blu and the MDR ALL had the exact same hours for breakfast on port days. They varied from day to day depending on when the ship arrived. I think the latest was closing at 9:00 AM.

On sea days Luminae did not offer breakfast but a brunch. Most days it did not start until 10:30 AM.

Brunch on sea days? So it opens too late for breakfast, and doesn't stay open late enough for lunch.

On port days, breakfast only. Embarkation day, nothing

Lunch is the most important meal. There are many other options for dinner.

If Celebrity absolutely won't staff Luminae for three meals, there are a few ideas that could be considered:

1. Offer Breakfast in Blu and Lunch/Brunch in Luminae. You could even give AQ cruisers the lunch option on port days to give them a "taste" of the suite life.

2. If they think demand is that light, give them free lunch time dining in Bistro on 5. Not as good, but better than nothing, IMO.

By the way, I'm in AQ this summer, but next year I've booked a CS on a 2 week cruise, and add me to the disappointed list.

Greg

Brunch on sea days? So it opens too late for breakfast, and doesn't stay open late enough for lunch.

On port days, breakfast only. Embarkation day, nothing

Lunch is the most important meal. There are many other options for dinner.

According to the link provided by kk99, a light lunch is supposed to be served in Luminae on embarkation day. The items listed sound like those that have been previously served in MC on the day of embarkation. Disappointing, not really "lunch".

Hi everyone,

I was almost afraid to read the new benefits brochure. I studied the old benefits brochure carefully before I booked and paid in full under the old policy, and I was worried about what else might have been initially promised and now not delivered. At least Celebrity made it easy to determine how much the lost lunches are worth - $30 each. At least that is the price they charge non-Suite guests.

I have no dog in this fight and I agree that X should not have jumped the gun and listed lunch before the roll out and see how well it was utilized. But really, on port days, do we really expect that there should be 2-4 waiters and kitchen staff and chef's standing by, twiddling their thumbs waiting for the very few people who race back from the port to get their lunch? They don't even open the dining room on port days because the number of people don't make it worth while. The best thing would be, as mentioned before, to have access to Bistro on 5 for lunch gratis for suite guests. JMO

I have no dog in this fight and I agree that X should not have jumped the gun and listed lunch before the roll out and see how well it was utilized. But really, on port days, do we really expect that there should be 2-4 waiters and kitchen staff and chef's standing by, twiddling their thumbs waiting for the very few people who race back from the port to get their lunch? They don't even open the dining room on port days because the number of people don't make it worth while. The best thing would be, as mentioned before, to have access to Bistro on 5 for lunch gratis for suite guests. JMO

I, for one, dislike the fact that they do not open the MDR for lunch on port days. The availability of lunch was one of the reasons I booked a suite. There are rarely any folks in Bistro on Five, but they keep it open with waiters and kitchen staff twiddling their thumbs so that can charge people to eat lunch there. I figure I already paid $30 per person (Celebrity's price for guests) to eat lunch in Luminae, so Celebrity should be able to keep waiters and kitchen staff there also.

What cruise is this? How many days is it? This much on celebrity? OMG! I do hope you get 3 meals a day in the SDR.

This is for 2 Royal Suites for 5 people for 14 nights to the Baltics in July sailing out of Southampton. There are no flights involved as we will all drive to the port and this is the cruise only price. It does not include the cost of shore excursions.

On Saturday a Royal Suite was available for a short period and a dummy booking for 2 people was in excess of $20,000. When I last checked it was gone, so someone may be paying this.

Kevnzworld, has repeatedly stressed over the past year that senior suites are running at more than $1000 per day and this had been met with disbelief but he is accurate in his assessment.

Edited by Yorkshire-Pudding

This is how I feel too.

Phil

Reaching for my Crystal Ball......

Within 3 years "following feedback from guests" the menu will be "upgraded" so as to enable suite guests to "enjoy the full range offered to our guests in the Main Dining Room" as an additional Suite class benefit guests will be able to order a "wide range" of a la carte items for a small supplement ($5 dollars in year 1, $10 dollars in year 2, $30 dollars in year 3...) plus service (at 25%)

This is for 2 Royal Suites for 5 people for 14 nights to the Baltics in July sailing out of Southampton. There are no flights involved as we will all drive to the port and this is the cruise only price. It does not include the cost of shore excursions.

On Saturday a Royal Suite was available for a short period and a dummy booking for 2 people was in excess of $20,000. When I last checked it was gone, so someone may be paying this.

Kevnzworld, has repeatedly stressed over the past year that senior suites are running at more than $1000 per day and this had been met with disbelief but he is accurate in his assessment.

The Royal Suites on the S-Class ships have a dining room table that seats 6. If you desire to have lunch on a port day, your butler will take good care of you in the privacy of your own stateroom.

The assumption that almost everybody leaves the ship to have lunch on a port day is erroneous.

In addition to the many people who have posted that they choose to stay on the ship there will be others who wish to return to the ship for their lunch.

I have IBS and my OH has Crohn's disease. As a result we do not eat lunch off the ship. We go out in the morning, return for lunch, wait about an hour and then go out again.

If I had paid a considerable premium to be in a suite with a dedicated restaurant and was told that I would be able to eat a civilised lunch there on a daily basis I would be extremely annoyed to find that was not the case.

The assumption that almost everybody leaves the ship to have lunch on a port day is erroneous.

In addition to the many people who have posted that they choose to stay on the ship there will be others who wish to return to the ship for their lunch.

I have IBS and my OH has Crohn's disease. As a result we do not eat lunch off the ship. We go out in the morning, return for lunch, wait about an hour and then go out again.

If I had paid a considerable premium to be in a suite with a dedicated restaurant and was told that I would be able to eat a civilised lunch there on a daily basis I would be extremely annoyed to find that was not the case.

So, now that you know they won't be serving lunch on port days, you don't have to pay the premium to be in a suite. Just get a normal stateroom and eat in the same places you did when you were on Eclipse. ;)

So, now that you know they won't be serving lunch on port days, you don't have to pay the premium to be in a suite. Just get a normal stateroom and eat in the same places you did when you were on Eclipse. ;)

I couldn't begin to afford a suite but it doesn't pay to generalise and think that everybody behaves in the same way.

There have been a few people posting who, because they don't want to stay on the ship and have lunch, the lack of an promised facility doesn't matter a jot!

Edited by CABINET

We stay in Sky suites for the extra room. The Sky suites cost upwards of $1000 per night on many cruises. Sure, there are a few deals on transatlantics, or Tuesday specials. But even then, with gratuities and a beverage package it's still $700+ per night. These are Oceania/ Seabourn prices! Those ships offer a civilized lunch and breakfast. By civilized, I mean that you can always get a table for two, even at a four top. The food is much better and there is waiter service in their lunch buffets. The Oceanview cafe is self serve, frenetic, real pandemonium and stressful. They have to offer some sort of premium service for higher paying guests, especially considering there are 3000 people on the ship.

I had hoped that Celebrity was going to really up their game with Luminae , but from the early reviews that looks problematic at best.

I may try it, on a Tuesday special only. After our just finished Seabourn cruise, which was fantastic in every regard, especially the food ( at $900 per night inclusive ) we may never sail on Celebrity again

Edited by Kevnzworld

I have not been reading this board lately. WOW..this is not what we were told when booking. We have a royal suite, and at this point I may just cancel if this is the game they are playing.

That is horrible.

For those saying....hey, just give suite passengers a free lunch at Bistro on 5.....I suggest the following:

Why not just tell suite guests to enjoy breakfast in Blu, lunch in Bistro on 5 (free for suite guests) and then just serve dinner in the new dining room. Wait....that's not even necessary....let suite guests choose between specialty restaurants (free...included in the fare) for dinner. Voila....I've solved all the problems.....and Celebrity can now open another Specialty restaurant for everyone and increase their revenue even further.....That's a win/win.

Oh...you're ok as long as what you feel is important remains. I say....let's look after Celebrity's bottom line....let's all support my change....what the heck, the cruise contract says they can do it.

Something to think about....have a nice day :)

Edited by ghstudio

There seems to be two threads going with almost the same topic.

When the new suite benefits were introduced we changed 4 cruises which had already been booked in AQ so that we could benefit from what was advertised. We paid £6,000 extra for this and are currently feeling let down by what is now offered. We also booked a RS for October 2016 again on the same basis.

We will watch with interest as Celebrity are not delivering what was promised at our time of booking and I am sure that there will be a claim for lack of advertised services made following the cruise. I have just reviewed the UK terms and conditions and those do not allow the sort of get out promises that Celebrity think they can do.

Gordon

Is everything in place in Luminae? As I wrote in my review several threads back, apart from the lunch issue and not having proper chairs, linen or crystal, we also did not have the advertised wine list. This, and lack of lunch were the two biggest disappointments for us. Extremely limited wine selection from which to choose, MDR list I believe. I was really looking forward to trying out some new wine :(

The Luminae wine list seems pretty limited to me. I have not eaten in the MDR or seen its wine list, so cannot say whether or not the lists are the same. I think the crystal is upgraded but, again, cannot compare. Same chairs as in MDR, I did notice that. We have not been eating in Luminae every day; the hours and menu (for vegetarians) are limited and we like a bit more flexibility. I think the room is very nice and the service has been great. The hostess, Mirjana, is outstanding.

The Luminae wine list seems pretty limited to me. I have not eaten in the MDR or seen its wine list, so cannot say whether or not the lists are the same. I think the crystal is upgraded but, again, cannot compare. Same chairs as in MDR, I did notice that. We have not been eating in Luminae every day; the hours and menu (for vegetarians) are limited and we like a bit more flexibility. I think the room is very nice and the service has been great. The hostess, Mirjana, is outstanding.

The chairs in Luminae are temporary. There will be high-backed sleek looking chairs, that will be delivered to each of the ships. The dinnerware and cutlery is new, as well as the glassware. All very nice.

We have 5 cruises booked right now. All in Suites. We plan to keep those bookings. We book Suites for the space...not the perks. The addition of Luminae is a bonus.

The premium on suite bookings now is high enough I can no longer justify saying I only book for the space, but that is how I used to book suites. Now the perks need to be understood and the value must be there in Luminae. It could be due to the richness and salt I need to be in Blu anyway, they may not be planning any clean cuisine there. Secretly, I was hoping for a couple of dishes that were Blu upgrades.

Underpromising and over delivering is much better strategy than what has transpired here.