Luminae - lunch

koolforkatz

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU:). It is really wonderful that Celebrity is listening to guests feedback and delivering what was promised.

We are looking forward to our first experience in Luminae this November.

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

Thank you Celebrity for clearing this issue up. Like many people our booking for a Celebrity Suite later this year was based on our being able to enjoy the published suite class facilities. Not having the option of dining in a suite class restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner would, for us, have been a deal breaker. We now rest easy and look forward to our trip with Celebrity. Thank you.

It's ironic the only new perk that seemed to be consistently well implemented was unlimited internet.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the first Reflection cruise there was no mention, or when asked, knowledge, of unlimited internet. I got my Elite Plus (which I separately qualify for) minutes and that's it. I didn't push it since I was more interested in Luminae hours, no ability to order left side of menu, and mini bar.

On the first Reflection cruise there was no mention, or when asked, knowledge, of unlimited internet. I got my Elite Plus (which I separately qualify for) minutes and that's it. I didn't push it since I was more interested in Luminae hours, no ability to order left side of menu, and mini bar.

I'm not sure what suite you had, but the free internet is for Royal, Penthouse, and Reflection only. It's one of the reasons that I wanted a Royal suite. That and space.

I had a Royal Suite - but this was April 4 cruise. I suspect these issues are continuing to be resolved (although the reported loss of Bulgari is a disappointment - I have 2 more Royal Suites booked). Thanks.

Edited by JFontaine

I had a Royal Suite - but this was April 4 cruise. I suspect these issues are continuing to be resolved (although the reported loss of Bulgari is a disappointment - I have 2 more Royal Suites booked). Thanks.

The suite benefits did not go into effect until April 15, according to the web site .They did a slow roll out a little before for the SDR.

The suite benefits did not go into effect until April 15, according to the web site .They did a slow roll out a little before for the SDR.

That's incorrect. There was a rolling roll-out by ship. There wasn't one date - it didn't start in the middle of a cruise. Reflection was April 4.

This is just another (sad) example of poor training and communication. It's just not that hard to get this stuff right.

Notifiy 9 ships. Send 1 email to 9 people, who are in charge of implementation, presumable the MC Concierge. Copy the hotel director and GRM and maybe the head of housekeeping and F&B. The MC Concierge then makes sure all of the butlers, steawards and other departments are aware of the new benefits like mini bar, drink package and unlimited specialty dining (RS, PH, RF) or internet cafe for internet. Other department heads train their staff. For something that was announced over a year ago, they could (should) have beeb more prepared.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you should have.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This is just another (sad) example of poor training and communication. It's just not that hard to get this stuff right.

Notifiy 9 ships. Send 1 email to 9 people, who are in charge of implementation, presumable the MC Concierge. Copy the hotel director and GRM and maybe the head of housekeeping and F&B. The MC Concierge then makes sure all of the butlers, steawards and other departments are aware of the new benefits like mini bar, drink package and unlimited specialty dining (RS, PH, RF) or internet cafe for internet. Other department heads train their staff. For something that was announced over a year ago, they could (should) have beeb more prepared.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you should have.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Whilst much focus has been on the lunch and breakfast provisions there are for me still questions on all the Suite Class details. I followed your commentary daily and that of Chemmo on Equinox and was rather disappointed that you the paying customer had to follow up on rather small details because of lack of communication.

There was mentioned in CEO January 2015 Web chat that there would be a suite room menu service with items from the Luminae menu featured but no one has mentioned anything about this.

Whilst much focus has been on the lunch and breakfast provisions there are for me still questions on all the Suite Class details. I followed your commentary daily and that of Chemmo on Equinox and was rather disappointed that you the paying customer had to follow up on rather small details because of lack of communication.

There was mentioned in CEO January 2015 Web chat that there would be a suite room menu service with items from the Luminae menu featured but no one has mentioned anything about this.

I noticed this previously mentioned in a few places such as "expanded room service menu" and such. When we asked about this we were told "no" that Luminae menus would not be available as room service. Maybe a new room service menue will come later.

As I stated somewhere recently, with the exception of specialy dining, including requests for items off the Blu menu when we've been categorically told "no", we've otherwise been well accomidated with room service. However, when we stay in for dinner, we're happy with a simple meal. We've never not been given what we've asked for, on the menu or not, for breakfast, but again, we haven't really asked for that much.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Agree totally on the importance of the conceirge in not only ensuring all staff understand the package but ensure the quality of delivery.

On Equinox we expected a few hiccups being the first cruise with the suite life package. There were, but by no means enough to spoil our whole cruise experience. Our experience was really enhanced by Mellika, our conceige, who not only solved any small issues we had but made it clear she wanted us to have the best cruise experience possible.

I am really glad Luminae is now open for three meals. Not so much for us but we were aware on Equinox that some guests were really disappointed.

I firmly believe that the suite life package is an excellent product and can not wait for my next cruise!

Hi all,

Thank you. This clarification that the originally advertised product will be delivered is very much appreciated. I look forward to testing the lunch offering regularly in May!

Sorry celebrity cruises but we're on eclipse and there was no lunch today. So it's not 3 meals a day

We asked yesterday lunch and was told they would tell us in the evening but couldn't confirm. Luminae was used as a private function area today so there was no lunch served.

Sorry celebrity cruises but we're on eclipse and there was no lunch today. So it's not 3 meals a day

We asked yesterday lunch and was told they would tell us in the evening but couldn't confirm. Luminae was used as a private function area today so there was no lunch served.

Perhaps because it's only a two night cruise? I was on Anthem for three nights and they did things differently food wise then too.

Phil

Celebrity stated 3 meals per day in SDR will begin on the NEXT cruise.

I couldnt help but notice u r from UK. If you booked in the UK after January 2015 then Cel X are in breach of Contract.

How can a Dining Room specifically for Suite guests be assigned to a 'Private Function' . It could be useful to try and ascertain who authorised this. I am sure the Cel X UK 's MD would also like to ascertain who authorised this nonsense.

Edited by gcgold

I believe it was reported that there was a large number of TA's on board. Luminae was probably closed so that they (and any VIP's invited on board) could experience the new dining venue.

Nothing new, this happens all the time, especially on 2 or 3 night cruises, when a new venue is introduced.

I believe it was reported that there was a large number of TA's on board. Luminae was probably closed so that they (and any VIP's invited on board) could experience the new dining venue.

Nothing new, this happens all the time, especially on 2 or 3 night cruises, when a new venue is introduced.

So SDR was closed to paying Suite Class guests so that non Suite Class guests could experience the new restaurant?

Doesn't seem very fair.

Why not offer the services they've promised and stage special events outside these times

There is also a very large Charter group on board ( Waitrose) but I doubt the Suite dining room would accommodate all 1000!

More likely to be the TAs being wined & dined for promotion purposes.

Edited by upwarduk

I couldnt help but notice u r from UK. If you booked in the UK after January 2015 then Cel X are in breach of Contract.

How can a Dining Room specifically for Suite guests be assigned to a 'Private Function' . It could be useful to try and ascertain who authorised this. I am sure the Cel X UK 's MD would also like to ascertain who authorised this nonsense.

Sounds like a very good way to promote the new venue. Isn't a two day cruise often used for this purpose?