Junior Suite, What are the benefts

When our daughter cruises with us, we'll get a JS so there's more room for the 3 of us. When it's just DH and I, a balcony is sufficient. We absolutely love the huge closet on the JS and as everyone has stated, you can't go wrong with a bigger restroom.

Thank you all for such quick replies. :)

Sounds like it may just be easier to order Room Service coffee to be sent up daily, that's what we've always done & seems to work well for us as we are early risers & like to have a cup while getting ready.

I used the coffee maker every morning, I enjoyed the coffee. I also get up early to watch the sunrise.

What double points to you get for a JR or ocean suite? We received an upsell to one last cruise so I am curious?

You get one extra Crown & Anchor point per night if you are booked in a JS or better category stateroom.

Then you apparently have never experienced the showers "before". The shower curtains are far less courteous than that tube.

Yeah, I actually prefer the transporter tube to the bathtub. The tub is dang tall, and I have to think about getting in and out of it.

jc

What double points to you get for a JR or ocean suite? We received an upsell to one last cruise so I am curious?

Upsell usually do not get the Suite bonus point if you originally booked a balcony cabin.

Would having a JS because of an upgrade still be eligible for double points? We are counting on that!

No, the only way to get the double points is to pay the published price of the JS.

Oh, I see a phone call to RCCL later tonight, since we have nothing to lose. I did not know that, this is the first upgrade we have ever gotten.

Good luck, I don't recall anyone getting it. Let us know the outcome

No, the only way to get the double points is to pay the published price of the JS.

You are correct but we will enjoy our JS anyway, lol. DH used the opportunity with the rep to complain about the drink prices though. She told him that she was not aware of that because she had only taken 1 cruise. She did give him this address to write to. Royalguestrelations@rccl.com. Happy cruising to all!

You are correct but we will enjoy our JS anyway, lol. DH used the opportunity with the rep to complain about the drink prices though. She told him that she was not aware of that because she had only taken 1 cruise. She did give him this address to write to. Royalguestrelations@rccl.com. Happy cruising to all!

Thanks for posting the email address, that could be helpful to some.:)

Sounds like it may just be easier to order Room Service coffee to be sent up daily, that's what we've always done & seems to work well for us as we are early risers & like to have a cup while getting ready.

We bring packets of instant coffee and use the hot water kettle (also provided in the JS) to make that first cup. I don't set an alarm when I'm cruising (unless I need to make an early excursion), so don't want room service waking me up to tell me that my order is on its way.:) But it's a nice touch that they usually call to warn you to be decent.

I bring Starbucks VIAs and just use the kettle to heat up the water then have a wonderful cup of coffee before ever leaving the cabin. So easy and less mess. FWIW:)

Oh, I see a phone call to RCCL later tonight, since we have nothing to lose. I did not know that, this is the first upgrade we have ever gotten.

The priority boarding is worth upgrading to the JS. They don't tell you about how the points work on an upgrade, it is a surprise to many people who do not get the extra point. I learned the hard way too.

The priority boarding is worth upgrading to the JS. They don't tell you about how the points work on an upgrade, it is a surprise to many people who do not get the extra point. I learned the hard way too.

It's really ok, we are very grateful for the upgrade. We originally had a D1, we are bringing our 5 year old grandson on his first cruise. It will be great to have the extra room. If we had received the extra points we would have been diamond plus next cruise. Darn, now we have to take another one! :)

Are the coffee makers single serve Keurig brewers? I'd love to be able to bring a few of my own favorite k-cup flavors. We just booked our first JS this week for a January cruise on the Enchantment. :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just booked our first JS this week for Her Majesty of the Seas for February 2016; we wanted to sail on Her Majesty's final sailing but the dates just were not practical for us, with it being the last few days of Passover.

We decided to splurge for our final cruise on the lady and enjoy a JS.

On our Oasis cruise in Dec. There was a price drop and we upgraded from a D8 to a JS for under $100.00. Also got double points.

That is a horse of a different color, you took advantage of a price drop open to anyone. This previous discussion was about getting the upsell/upgrade call/email to get a the upgrade

If money changes hands you get the double points, it's an upsell NOT free upgrade (going to JS or higher).

That's not my undertanding. If they give you a reduced rate (lower than published fare on the website) upgrade, they don't give you the extra points.