Constellation and Aqua Class question

sswv

We are going on Constellation in December. We have 2 cabins 1138 (Aqua class) and an interior 1126 across hall for our teenage children. Will all 5 of us be allowed to eat in Blu or just the two registered in 1138? Thanks for any clarification!

We are going on Constellation in December. We have 2 cabins 1138 (Aqua class) and an interior 1126 across hall for our teenage children. Will all 5 of us be allowed to eat in Blu or just the two registered in 1138? Thanks for any clarification!

Just the two registered to the AQ cabin will be able to eat in Blu for both breakfast and dinner. Also, this is one rule that Celebrity actually enforces very strictly. Whoever has the blue cards will be the only ones allowed to eat there. People have reported throwing money at Maitre'ds to no avail.

Edited by dkjretired

Just the two registered to the AQ cabin will be able to eat in Blu for both breakfast and dinner. Also, this is one rule that Celebrity actually enforces very strictly. Whoever has the blue cards will be the only ones allowed to eat there. People have reported throwing money at Maitre'ds to no avail.

So that means if they want to eat with their kids, they have to eat in the MDR? What a shame, you would think being family - they could eat in the BLU with their parents. I sure don't like that rule. Actually, it affects us also in the way that we are traveling with our best friends and they are not Aqua so we won't be eating in the BLU either.

If the children were in an AQ cabin they could dine in Blu . Blu for many is the reason to book AQ and pay more. If family or friends not booked in AQ were allowed to dine there it would no longer be a perk for paying for AQ.

And while not in this case, it could be a way of avoiding the cost of booking in Aqua (and access to Blu) but paying for a cheaper cabin. And allowing this to happen would impact on the smaller dining venue.

1138 is THE most fabulous cabin. You will love the larger veranda, angled for the greatest views.

Why don't you just switch your kids to another AQ cabin so you can all dine together?

I would hate to pay for an AQ cabin and not dine in Blu (which you will be doing if you want to eat with your kids).

Or maybe, the kids are older? And are happy dining alone in the MDR?

Edited by warmwinds

• 1 month later...

Well, we have just got off Connie and the food in Blu was nothing to brag about.

The waiting staff are lovely but very badly let down by the quality of the food.

When it was good, it was delicious but I found the main courses particularly bad. Except for the lamb shank

Very, very disappointed.

1138 is THE most fabulous cabin. You will love the larger veranda, angled for the greatest views.

Why don't you just switch your kids to another AQ cabin so you can all dine together?

I would hate to pay for an AQ cabin and not dine in Blu (which you will be doing if you want to eat with your kids).

Or maybe, the kids are older? And are happy dining alone in the MDR?

Problem is they have five and would need two more Blu cabins, one of which would be paying for a double since there is would only be one in the cabin.

Yes most people do like Blu. I suppose it just depends what they are used to eating normally. I am not a fan of gristle and eating poultry that died of old age.

My choice on the menu may have been at fault but if we looked at the daily menu and didn't fancy anything, we went elsewhere so it wasn't as if I was ordering squab and then not liking it and sending it back.

I liked the lamb shank, filet mignon, some sort of veal. The Cornish hen was ok. The short ribs were lumps of gristle. The pheasant and the duck died of old age. The steak took ages to chew. The rest of the evenings we ate elsewhere.

Don't get me started on the breakfasts . . how can a chef or cook not cook eggs until they are done? Lovely white slime. I lasted four mornings in there then went to the buffet. It was the waste of food also. My plate would go back barely touched. In the buffet I could see the food and choose and so eat what I fancied.

The food may improve. I complained enough! It was so bad we even considered cancelling the new booking we had made, we didn't though as we like the Silhouette and we are not going aqua class.

No, I am not picky or difficult. Any food someone else prepares is a treat for me. Usually. Just not this time.

Yes most people do like Blu. I suppose it just depends what they are used to eating normally. I am not a fan of gristle and eating poultry that died of old age.

My choice on the menu may have been at fault but if we looked at the daily menu and didn't fancy anything, we went elsewhere so it wasn't as if I was ordering squab and then not liking it and sending it back.

I liked the lamb shank, filet mignon, some sort of veal. The Cornish hen was ok. The short ribs were lumps of gristle. The pheasant and the duck died of old age. The steak took ages to chew. The rest of the evenings we ate elsewhere.

Don't get me started on the breakfasts . . how can a chef or cook not cook eggs until they are done? Lovely white slime. I lasted four mornings in there then went to the buffet. It was the waste of food also. My plate would go back barely touched. In the buffet I could see the food and choose and so eat what I fancied.

The food may improve. I complained enough! It was so bad we even considered cancelling the new booking we had made, we didn't though as we like the Silhouette and we are not going aqua class.

No, I am not picky or difficult. Any food someone else prepares is a treat for me. Usually. Just not this time.

Must admit I loved reading this. We are not booked into Aqua Class for our upcoming cruise, so now I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Makes my day.:)

I totally agree with you about the eggs in Blu. My egg white omlet reminded me if white foam and I could not eat it. Also sent back pancakes which were so rubbery they would have bounced off the wall. Several of us booked Aqua on Connie and by the middle of the cruise we were eating in the MDR. I am not a picky eater and will try anything once but I was not impressed with Blu on the cruise I took.

And I was not alone!

Hurrah!

Not just me then. All the others were being polite! I was too at first but then thought no. That's how they get away with it.

I sent the pancakes back.

Yes, don't waste your money by going aqua class. I can hear the howls of outrage now! Apart from a bottle of champagne we had no advantages at all. And that was cheap stuff.

Persion spa was a dark cave. The top notch shower was a trickle unless you turned the jet knob and broke your knee caps.

No. We will stick to our sunset veranda and eating in the MDR thanks.

Now. Shall we discuss the warm liquid they say is coffee:D:D

Disappointing that food on the Constellation in Blu was so poor compared to our April itinerary when it, in our view, was excellent. The staff were exceptional in dealing with my wife's food allergies as were the alternative dishes offered.

We hope that these standards return as the norm.

This post is incredible to me since we've been in Aqua on our last five or six cruises on the eclipse, equinox, infinity and millenium. We have had some variability in BLu, but nothing even remotely close to this posters experience. Between my wife and I, we've sent back maybe three or four entrees over those 85 days at sea. Eggs at breakfast have been, if anything, overcooked.

There definitely is variability....I've commented in my "live from..." posts that on some ships the only spice must be salt which they overuse....the master recipe must say "season to taste" and the cook over salts....but that's in the MDR too on some cruises.

We are foodies, we are adventurous eaters, I enjoy hot sauces so spice is welcome....and I call a spade a spade (as those who read my posts will attest to). I'll say, once again, the food in blu is the same or better than the MDR....but the quiet atmosphere, the lack of waiters and busboys carrying large platters of plates, the service make it the much preferred dining room for us. Having said that, we've been able to book aqua at no more than $100-150 more than a concierge cabin on 14 day cruises on the m-class ships (which are larger than the less expensive balcony cabins) and maybe $200 more than a 1A on the S-class ships. It's certainly worth $10 a day for dinner and avoiding the search for seats, how do you dine together and so on in the buffet for breakfast (yes, we could eat breakfast in the MDR, but I don't really want to talk to people at a large table that early in the morning).

Finally, our next cruise on an S-class in a few months is in a 1A....Aqua wasn't worth $800 more than a 1A (just off the hump...larger balcony)....that's crazy pricing...(and yes, we got 1-2-3 with the 1A price).

So that means if they want to eat with their kids, they have to eat in the MDR? What a shame, you would think being family - they could eat in the BLU with their parents. I sure don't like that rule. Actually, it affects us also in the way that we are traveling with our best friends and they are not Aqua so we won't be eating in the BLU either.

Comment deleted.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro