Best way to post pictures and Videos on Cruise Critic

eponym

To post a picture, use the yellow box (see below) ...

Shot1_zps1b9763f2.jpg

The following pop up box appears ...

Shot2_zpsb38deca9.jpg

The photograph must already be hosted somewhere on the Internet. Copy the code (the following example is from Photobucket dot com) ...

Shot3_zps66c41944.jpg

Paste the code into the pop up box and your picture should appear in your post (just as these do).

Edited by Cuizer2

I embed images from my personal website by right-clicking on the image, choosing "copy image," placing my mouse where I want the picture to be pasted, and right-clicking "paste image." I then grab a corner of the image with my mouse and drag to adjust the size of the image.

As previously state, the image must already be on a hosted website.

• 3 months later...
Hello:

Great info on this thread and it has helped me understand somethings. However I have videos in Flickr and can not find a way to upload them to YouTube. Is there a way to embed them directly from Flickr?

Thanks.

I use Flickr, mainly for the 1Tb of free storage. But have found I can't post photos or embed videos from there on Cruisecritic. So for photos I use Google Photos. You will most probably have to download your video to your PC/laptop then upload it again to YouTube directly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I use Flickr, mainly for the 1Tb of free storage. But have found I can't post photos or embed videos from there on Cruisecritic. So for photos I use Google Photos. You will most probably have to download your video to your PC/laptop then upload it again to YouTube directly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have no issue posting pictures from Flickr:

1. Click the picture
  2. Click the Share Photo (arrow bottom right)
  3. Click "BBCCode"
  4. Choose size
  5. Copy link
  6. Paste link in Cruise Critic message screen

My issue was with posting videos from someone else's account but no longer an issue as the person gave me a log in to her videos...

no issue embedding videos from my own Flickr account to YouTube to CC...check out my Oasis July 2015 review...see link in my signature...

• 5 months later...
When you open a reply box, the tool bar at the top has several options. On the top row, past the little smilie face, is a paper clip (for attachments).

I clicked on that, chose photo of Jade from my photos file and site said it was uploaded. I didn't see it but when I submitted my relpy, there was the thumbnail. Neat! :)

I prefer tinypic.com since the photos are larger than thumbnail

2yo3cr7.jpg

image.jpg.8af1aabd3c0fb3c6ddec1dff7ea63934.jpg

Edited by NMLady

I place photos either on a site such as PhotoBucket as has mentioned or I place them on a blog site. Blogger is a good one.

Once on those sites, I copy and paste the URL for each photo.

I like this approach because I can post photos that are a much larger size.

This is an example.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0UdF6OlPUIM/T4hXwxtIOwI/AAAAAAAAQqI/hjUyFoGaF1s/s1600/DSC_4195.jpg

For Video I now use a site called Vimeo. I place the video on that site and then copy and paste the URL from that site I can put it on my blog site and then provide the URL for that site. Many others use YouTube.

Keith

If you have your pictures on a mobile device, the app Tapatalk is the easiest way to post pictures.

I agree - they take care of the hosting as part of the posting process and it's very simple to use.

Tapatalk makes it really easy to post correctly sized images on Cruise Critic (I find the medium resolution works well for photos taken on an iPhone 6