Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

And I just checked AARP and Verizon and neither one has Carnival gift cards available. I guess I'll start stalking the sites twice a day too. I'll be back if I see any available, that is after I get mine first. :)

Does anyone know the answer to this question.....We have our deposit on our cruise for Oct. and Final Payment will be due in a few weeks. I put the deposit on our CCL MasterCard. Did anyone ever switch the method of payment to the gift card?

I know that once and I think it was when I was waiting to get my CCL MasterCard, I reserved a cruise with one cc and when I received my CCL MC they were able to switch the payment to that card.

If I could save another $80. on this cruise, if I'm able to score the AARP gift cards, I think it's worth it even though I'd lose 1 point per $1. od rewards.

karinad

I put a deposit on my visa card for 2 cabins for my next cruise. I just called a few weeks ago and asked if I could use my gift cards and get my deposit back on both cabins. The Carnival agent said no problem and took care of it very quickly. All you have to do is call Carnival and tell them you would like to use the gift card and be refunded your deposit on your credit card. It took no more then 5 minutes to get both cabins done. I received an email for both payment changes and the credit was refunded back to my card in 6 total days.

karinad

I put a deposit on my visa card for 2 cabins for my next cruise. I just called a few weeks ago and asked if I could use my gift cards and get my deposit back on both cabins. The Carnival agent said no problem and took care of it very quickly. All you have to do is call Carnival and tell them you would like to use the gift card and be refunded your deposit on your credit card. It took no more then 5 minutes to get both cabins done. I received an email for both payment changes and the credit was refunded back to my card in 6 total days.

Thanks! I did book with an online independent agent, but that shouldn't make a difference. I'll have to ask her for sure and be ready to buy them if they become available.

I stalked the page at 2a.m. last night and nothing. When I seen the post I did go in and put it in my cart and that quick it was gone! I really only wanted $200.

What's the rule about applying these while onboard?

Do they send you actual cards or are they e-cards? I use a TA and she said they will accept them but on line it says...

Description

Get ready for a good time on Carnival Cruise Lines! Carnival eGift Cards can be used for almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise,activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

Terms and Conditions

Treat this e-card like cash. E-card recipient bears all risk of loss in the event this e-card, or its information, is lost, stolen, damaged or used without e-cardholder's permission. In no event is CCL Gifts, LLC or any parent, subsidiary or affiliate responsible or required to replace any e-card value. Card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. Complete terms and conditions available at carnival.com/giftcardterms. Use of this e-card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. This e-card does not expire. Digital gift card is non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR ANY OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD. Digital gift card is NON-COMMISSIONABLE at redemption.

Do they send you actual cards or are they e-cards? I use a TA and she said they will accept them but on line it says...

Description

Get ready for a good time on Carnival Cruise Lines! Carnival eGift Cards can be used for almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise,activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

Terms and Conditions

Treat this e-card like cash. E-card recipient bears all risk of loss in the event this e-card, or its information, is lost, stolen, damaged or used without e-cardholder's permission. In no event is CCL Gifts, LLC or any parent, subsidiary or affiliate responsible or required to replace any e-card value. Card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. Complete terms and conditions available at carnival.com/giftcardterms. Use of this e-card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. This e-card does not expire. Digital gift card is non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR ANY OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD. Digital gift card is NON-COMMISSIONABLE at redemption.

These are not e-cards they're actual cards. I got mine yesterday that I ordered last week.

These are not e-cards they're actual cards. I got mine yesterday that I ordered last week.

Thank you. I didn't want to fork over all that money to find out I couldn't use them with a TA. I will watch the site more closely now :D

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get to excited, the AARP Gift Cards are not back in stock yet!

I just made my final payment with my travel agent on the phone with my AARP Gift Cards that I was lucky enough to get $600. worth. I said to her that the number was on the back and she replied with , "what do u mean, Visa & MasterCard #s are in the front." I said that the gift cards are from Carnival and she told me to give her the numbers. She's been in the business a long time and I can't believe that she never had to apply one of these cards! She said that, hopefully, everything will go through ok:eek:.

Yeah, I hope so!:confused:

Don't get to excited, the AARP Gift Cards are not back in stock yet!

I just made my final payment with my travel agent on the phone with my AARP Gift Cards that I was lucky enough to get $600. worth. I said to her that the number was on the back and she replied with , "what do u mean, Visa & MasterCard #s are in the front." I said that the gift cards are from Carnival and she told me to give her the numbers. She's been in the business a long time and I can't believe that she never had to apply one of these cards! She said that, hopefully, everything will go through ok:eek:.

Yeah, I hope so!:confused:

I have used over $1500 worth and they work. Surprised a TA has no clue. Oh and by the way...most gift card numbers are on the back.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I have used over $1500 worth and they work. Surprised a TA has no clue. Oh and by the way...most gift card numbers are on the back.

This was my first experience using them. Maybe she was getting credit card and gift card confused. This was at the end of the afternoon today and she said it wouldn't be called in until tomorrow.