Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Interesting. I know Kroger's had some sort of deal on the gift cards too but I don't live near one. You could get 2 $25 cards for $40 but had to use a coupon or something. If anyone else knows of discounted Carnival cards anywhere else or with a different credit card - please post!

Read the redemption instructions carefully on the RCCL and Celebrity gift cards. It looks like they are more of a pain to use. You can only use them on new bookings through RCCL/Celebrity and then have to mail the card in after booking.

Read the redemption instructions carefully on the RCCL and Celebrity gift cards. It looks like they are more of a pain to use. You can only use them on new bookings through RCCL/Celebrity and then have to mail the card in after booking.

Wouldn't want one of those then. I see that AARP had Carnival gift cards again in the middle of the night. Showing already sold out lol.

I keep reading about these gift cards and was wonder how are they used. Do you hand them in to Guest Services as an OBC or payment towards your account, payment towards your balance on an upcoming cruise?

Help explain, please :)

I keep reading about these gift cards and was wonder how are they used. Do you hand them in to Guest Services as an OBC or payment towards your account, payment towards your balance on an upcoming cruise?

Help explain, please :)

You can use them to pay for your cruise or go to GS have them applied to your S and S card or apply them at the kiosk. Use them like an obc to pay you S & S card.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

AARP gift cards are back this morning.

Seems to be in line with the Verizon cards also being available. Seeing as how they use the same engine, that isn't surprising. I wonder though if the cards that become available are shared between AARP and Verizon. If so, that means more competition for gift cards.

You can use them to pay for your cruise or go to GS have them applied to your S and S card or apply them at the kiosk. Use them like an obc to pay you S & S card.

Sorry it took me so long to come back and thank you for explaining the benefits. Since my cruise isn't until the end of February I'll have plenty of time to buy a couple.

Thanks again.

Hi. If I purchase the AARP gift cards can I use them to pay down my bill and to pay off my cruise?

If I got a $500 could I pay $300 toward the remainder of my cruise and use the remaining $200 towards my purchases onboard...for instance toward the drink package?

Thank you.

Hi. If I purchase the AARP gift cards can I use them to pay down my bill and to pay off my cruise?

If I got a $500 could I pay $300 toward the remainder of my cruise and use the remaining $200 towards my purchases onboard...for instance toward the drink package?

Thank you.

Folks, you can use the gift cards to pay for anything other than bon voyage purchases. To pay on your cruise, for onboard credit, or to pay for Carnival excursions. You can also use part of it for one thing and the balance for something else. I just used a $500 card to prepay our tips. The balance I will use to put on my S&S account.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone actually purchased the Carnival Gift Cards through AARP? I order a several last Friday, June 5, 2015 and still have not received them. I have ordered through Verizon and I had them in 2 business days. I will be calling today, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any trouble receiving their gift cards.

Has anyone actually purchased the Carnival Gift Cards through AARP? I order a several last Friday, June 5, 2015 and still have not received them. I have ordered through Verizon and I had them in 2 business days. I will be calling today, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any trouble receiving their gift cards.

Pat, I too ordered one on the 5th. It is "supposed" to come today via UPS since it needs a signature. With the order, I received an order confirmation on June 7 and an order "verification" that I needed to call (since I wasn't home when AARP called me) to verify it was me that ordered the card. I also received an email yesterday (June 11) indicating that the card had shipped. I had already received notice from UPS on June 10 that this had shipped

Edited by snc_cam

Pat, I too ordered one on the 5th. It is "supposed" to come today via UPS since it needs a signature. With the order, I received an order confirmation on June 7 and an order "verification" that I needed to call (since I wasn't home when AARP called me) to verify it was me that ordered the card. I also received an email yesterday (June 11) indicating that the card had shipped. I had already received notice from UPS on June 10 that this had shipped

Thank you. I did receive an email on June 7, that stated "Thank you for your order" and that I would receive a confirmation email when you order was shipped. Have not received that email. When I log into my account it states shipped on June 6, but no information regarding the shipping method. I wasn't going to be home much to sign for anything so I order less than I normally would, just so I wouldn't have to deal with that. I will give them a call. I will check back after speaking with them.

Well, I ordered from a previous batch that was placed on back order. Those finally shipped, but it was standard mail we didn't sign or anything, just put them in the mailbox!

Well, I ordered from a previous batch that was placed on back order. Those finally shipped, but it was standard mail we didn't sign or anything, just put them in the mailbox!

I was surprised they needed voice verification and a signature as well. Though, it does protect me to make sure I get the package.

Took about week to get mine, first confirmed by telephone, then a few days later UPS wanted a signature for delivery

Don' know why AARP can't send an email gift card like Verizon does.

Oh well, I brought $1000, I'm checking the offer daily to see if I can't get more. 10% is a nice discount.

I just got off the phone with AARP and she confirmed that they were mailed on June 6, and it will take upto 10 business days. So hopefully I get them soon. I am waiting for the cabanas to come available and want to pay using the gift cards. Thank you all for your input. Have a great weekend.

I just got off the phone with AARP and she confirmed that they were mailed on June 6, and it will take upto 10 business days. So hopefully I get them soon. I am waiting for the cabanas to come available and want to pay using the gift cards. Thank you all for your input. Have a great weekend.

Glad you were able to confirm. Have a great cruise

The first ones I ordered came through snail mail. Only $100 and only took a few days. Last one was $500. It came UPS and I had to sign for it. Ordered the 6th and came the 10th.

This is my 1st time using AARP. I have always order from Verizon and they were over $500.00, so I know about signing for UPS. I knew that they were going to come via mail, but I thought a week should be long enough. I have been working 12 hrs a day at work this week and I didn't want to have to fool with UPS.

AARP gift cards are back this morning.

Do you or anyone know how frequently AARP updates or posts new Carnival GCs? I've been watching for them but with no luck. I know AARP posts a new Daily Deal every day at 2:00 but I can't seem to determine any rhyme or reason to their posting gift cards. I've been working on getting my rewards points together and I'm ready to buy! :D