Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

points? what points?

You sign up for the Rewards for Goods and take survey's and earn points. You can then use your points to get different kinds of discounts on things. One of these is a Carnival $100 gift card for $90 + 1000 points and or a $500 gift card for $450 +5000 points (a 10% savings). These gift cards can be used to pay for your cruise or to apply as on board credit on board the ship.

These gift cards are available on a limited time basis and usually sell out very quickly once they become available so you have to be quick!

Edited by wemjam

The $500 ones are sent via UPS and you have to sign for them. I ordered mine on a Friday and received them on the following Wednesday.

The $100 ones are mailed snail mail via USPS. Took about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for those.

The $500 were sold out so I grabbed a couple of $100's.

Unfortunately my $500 were actually five $100 ones (and in two separate orders no less). So I'll just have to wait and see if they come quick enough.

So now that I have these $ 500 gift cards, can you use part of one at a time? In other words, if my balance due on the cruise is $1800 and I give the TA $2000 worth of cards, I assume that $200 balance can be used later on???

So now that I have these $ 500 gift cards, can you use part of one at a time? In other words, if my balance due on the cruise is $1800 and I give the TA $2000 worth of cards, I assume that $200 balance can be used later on???

I don't know if your TA will take Carnival Gift Cards, but Carnival will of course. The $200 remaining balance can be applied to your Sign and Sail Account.

Edited by wxnguy

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting this! I was able to get enough cards to pay my gratuities and even book an excursion for our cruise next year. Already have our October cruise taken care of with these awesome gift cards. :D

I don't know if your TA will take Carnival Gift Cards, but Carnival will of course. The $200 remaining balance can be applied to your Sign and Sail Account.

Someone earlier reported a TA taking them. I can't see why they wouldn't.

Originally Posted by AdrenalineRush

"Most Travel Agents also will accept the gift cards. I know mine does.

Our travel agent has accepted them. They have to call Carnival to have them applied though. So it does take a little longer than just being able to apply them online yourself."

I guess some do. Never knew this. Will ask my TA.

Edited by wxnguy

I just snagged $100 x 8 for $720, love that they are physical! I'm new to AARP (due to this thread by the way), but I notice that my points go up each time I log in. Do we get points each day automatically, or by being active on the site?

I think u get points just for logging in.

I just snagged $100 x 8 for $720, love that they are physical! I'm new to AARP (due to this thread by the way), but I notice that my points go up each time I log in. Do we get points each day automatically, or by being active on the site?

Every day you log in they give you points. Also, they send you emails that have codes in them. I got the $20 free first time Uber coupon and they sent me a code with that. Answer quizzes and they give you more points. Hey, I see it as money in my pocket. Just got $2500 worth of cards, that was $2250, so $250 I saved. Ten percent off a cruise is a nice savings!

Great thread. Glad I found it., Just bought two cards.

Anyone, ANY AGE, can join AARP. I am way below 50. they just wanted my money!. I saved a ton on my NCL cruise because of being an AARP card holder (more than paid for the membership) and continue to receive many local discounts too. This is another nice one and glad to have found the thread.

I haven't been on a NCL cruise before but I've been looking at the Getaway and Breakaway. Awesome ships!!! How did you save money? Does NCL also have discounted gift cards or were the savings through an AARP discount at booking?

Thanks!

I haven't been on a NCL cruise before but I've been looking at the Getaway and Breakaway. Awesome ships!!! How did you save money? Does NCL also have discounted gift cards or were the savings through an AARP discount at booking?

Thanks!

5% off at time of booking. Just gave them my AARP number. Joined AARP in my early 30's.

I see that they have RCL certificates too, but they are limited to new bookings only, direct through the crews line. I rounded up 10 for last years sailing, off Ebay, and it just wasn't worth the trouble (and perhaps risk). You have to certify mail them in, call a special number any time you want to make changes, and are blocked from some promos.

I see that they have RCL certificates too, but they are limited to new bookings only, direct through the crews line. I rounded up 10 for last years sailing, off Ebay, and it just wasn't worth the trouble (and perhaps risk). You have to certify mail them in, call a special number any time you want to make changes, and are blocked from some promos.

And they are only for

"Certificate cannot be applied to existing reservations and can only be used towards a new cruise booking."

"This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit, excursions, or gratuities."

REALLY??

And one has to send in the certificate to RCCL, and not worth the trouble IMHO, good to see the Carnival Gift cards are as good as cash!!

Now the hunt to get more is on.............:D