Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

And they are only for

"Certificate cannot be applied to existing reservations and can only be used towards a new cruise booking."

"This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit, excursions, or gratuities."

REALLY??

And one has to send in the certificate to RCCL, and not worth the trouble IMHO, good to see the Carnival Gift cards are as good as cash!!

Now the hunt to get more is on.............:D

I just cancelled my RCCL booking and switched to the Carnival Pride. It's 2 days less, but I was able to switch from OV to Balcony, and saved $1,500! I'm sure glad I purchased the gift cards when I did! ;)

Oddly, we bought one card with DH's points and he got notification of shipment yesterday....I bought four and still no notice. I have the receipt that my cards were ordered, but I'm a bit perplexed....obviously no rhyme or reason to when they are shipping to who!

Oddly, we bought one card with DH's points and he got notification of shipment yesterday....I bought four and still no notice. I have the receipt that my cards were ordered, but I'm a bit perplexed....obviously no rhyme or reason to when they are shipping to who!

I went through something similar with a previous order awhile back. What ended up happening was that they were on back order. The transaction processed just fine, but when they went to fulfill it I guess maybe they had run out of them. It took close to three weeks for me to finally get that order. Obviously just a wild guess - your 1 card order could be filled with what was available, your multiple card order may have been short.

On a positive note. I called them about two weeks later and asked about it. They could see when they expected more to be in and sure enough on that day they posted more to the site.

You can also go to AARP rewards for good site and log in. Go to redeem points page. At the top of the page, you'll see Account. When you click on that, it will show you how many points you've earned and for what quizzes. It will also show how many points you've redeemed and what you've purchased. If you find your gift card purchase and click on it, it will show you whether it's been shipped or not. This may give youth a better idea of when to expect the snail mail delivery. HTH! :-)

I only have my order confirmation. No ship confirmation. What is the longest anyone has waited for their cards to arrive? I was hoping to use them to make final payment in about 6 weeks.

I have ordered several both $100 and $500. I have never received a shipped confirmation on any of them. I do check my account to see if they have been shipped. The longest for the ones through snail mail was about a week and a half for me.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Does anyone know if you can use these gift cards as deposits for a future cruise if you book onboard?

I was wondering the same thing since when u make an onboard reservation I don't think it goes on your S&S card but on your cc.

The one for DH came yesterday and needed signature since it was a $500 card. I got a phone call from AARP Rewards yesterday just confirming that I had placed the order for four of the $500 cards and confirming my personal info. She said when an order is that large they like to confirm the order is correct before they send out. So mine are on their way!

Does anyone know if you can use these gift cards as deposits for a future cruise if you book onboard?

You can use the Gift Cards to put towards anything, they are just like cash. Unlike the gift certificates, they have a few stipulations.. Hope this helps!!

I just received my gift cards that were ordered on August 3rd. They came snail mail. So, only took 5 days to get them snail mail this time.:D

Ditto. ordered two $100 cards on August 3rd. Received them snail mail today 8/8. Did not have any sort of ship notification. Pretty fast delivery if you ask me; but I can burn through them even faster :D

You can use the Gift Cards to put towards anything, they are just like cash. Unlike the gift certificates, they have a few stipulations.. Hope this helps!!

Thank you very much. 10% off gift cards and OBC is a win, win to book onboard.

Do these sell out fast? I haven't seen any on the AARP website.

Seriously, you need to watch like a hawk. I was checking multiple times each day. However, if you subscribe to this thread and get the notifications, someone usually posts when they are up. The $500 ones don't last long at all.

The first time I missed the cards, they showed up at about 12:30 on a Friday on July 17th. Then I started looking everyday be keeping the page open and refreshing. Then they showed up again on Monday, August 3rd at the same time. So keep looking around lunch time eastern standard time. They must have had more cards because they lasted longer the second time plus they had $100 cards which they did not have in July.

I never did an onboard booking with CCL, I have with RCCL. Is there an area/office to go to on the ship to do this. On one of the cruiselines they dropped a paper off to fill out and drop in a box to make one and they'd charge it to your cc, not S&S card. I assume you'd have to take the gift cards and physically give them to someone???

The first time I missed the cards, they showed up at about 12:30 on a Friday on July 17th. Then I started looking everyday be keeping the page open and refreshing. Then they showed up again on Monday, August 3rd at the same time. So keep looking around lunch time eastern standard time. They must have had more cards because they lasted longer the second time plus they had $100 cards which they did not have in July.

I also scored a couple of the $100 GCs when they showed up recently. A friend messaged me about it. Since I had just spent $574 on new tires, I could only spare $180 for the cards. Hope to buy more next month or so.

Yes it is.....[emoji267][emoji41][emoji485] we leave in just a few days !!! Have fun.

Enjoy. We don't leave until after the first of the year. And, it's GBB! :)

I never did an onboard booking with CCL, I have with RCCL. Is there an area/office to go to on the ship to do this. On one of the cruiselines they dropped a paper off to fill out and drop in a box to make one and they'd charge it to your cc, not S&S card. I assume you'd have to take the gift cards and physically give them to someone???

The ships I've been on have a future cruise desk open at certain times.