Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

What is the link? Is it in their site?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know where to look on the website for the gift cards, any help please

It is on AARP website under Rewards for Good. This tab is towards the top mid right side of screen.(at least for me)

You take little quizzes to earn points that you then turn in for rewards. It is explained in the Rewards Program. I belong to AARP, so I would think you have to be a member.

Hope this helps.

100.00 cards available now on the AARP web site! Go get them

Thanks for the post, snagged 2 more!!! :D

And no you do NOT have to be a AARP member to take part in the Rewards for Good program. 10% saving does add up!! Funny in that they posted the cards in 3 different weeks this month alone, odd in how and when they offer them...............???

FYI, I ordered 10 - $100.00 gift cards from AARP on 8-19 and received my

confirmation email stating I would receive an email when my order was shipped. I received a call on the 20th from AARP to confirm I purchased the 10 cards and because of the large dollar amount I would have to sign for them when UPS delivered them. At that time I changed my shipping address to my work address so I could sign for them. As of today no email to tell me they were shipped. I called the 888 number on my confirmation of purchase and the AARP rep told me because of the large amount of cards it was taking longer to ship. I told her if I didn't receive a email confirming shipment by Monday I would call back.

They didn't waste any time charging my CC on the 20th:rolleyes:

FYI, I ordered 10 - $100.00 gift cards from AARP on 8-19 and received my

confirmation email stating I would receive an email when my order was shipped. I received a call on the 20th from AARP to confirm I purchased the 10 cards and because of the large dollar amount I would have to sign for them when UPS delivered them. At that time I changed my shipping address to my work address so I could sign for them. As of today no email to tell me they were shipped. I called the 888 number on my confirmation of purchase and the AARP rep told me because of the large amount of cards it was taking longer to ship. I told her if I didn't receive a email confirming shipment by Monday I would call back.

They didn't waste any time charging my CC on the 20th:rolleyes:

Next time just make a few purchases with less than five cards and there is no need to sign. Thy come snail mail but delivery has bee within a week of purchase.

Next time just make a few purchases with less than five cards and there is no need to sign. Thy come snail mail but delivery has bee within a week of purchase.

They do come in about 7 or so days, I am waiting for the 2, I ordered last week, plus I am sure it did not help changing the address mid-shipping......

I ordered 2 $500 cards on 8/21 and my credit card was charged 8/21. On 8/27 I called the 888 number on my confirmation and was told they should be sent the next day. I called the 29th because I got no confirmation. I was told my info needed to be verified and she verified the SAME info I gave the rep on the 27th.

I called again on Monday 8/31 as I still had no confirmation. I had been told mine would be sent UPS because of the amount. Nothing had yet been sent and I told the rep my next step was to contact the FL attorney general as that is where Rewards for Good is located. I also said I was going to the social media. The rep told me she would have a supervisor call me back.

Late in the day a supervisor did call me and said they were mailed through the post office. I told her I was told they would go UPS. She said oh yes, I think maybe they were sent UPS. I asked for a confirmation number. She said she didn't have one. She would call me back. Just before she left for the day, she called and said she didn't have it and would email the warehouse which is in Ohio to get the number and call me yesterday.

At about 3:30 I called again as I didn't hear from the supervisor. I got another rep who said she had no info to give me and I said that first thing this morning I was going to the Attorney General etc. That was fine with her. I didn't hear anything more.

I did call AARP to complain as it is was from their website I ordered the cards. This morning, lo and behold there is a confirmation that my cards were sent UPS. I did check and they should be delivered tomorrow.

I would never order from this company again. I have learned my lesson. My opinion is I don't think they even have the cards when orders are placed. The story of the warehouse being backed up means to me that they don't have enough employees. I fully expect that this whole thing with Rewards for Good is going to blow up and people will end up losing their money or will have to fight to get the cards or a refund. It's free money for them for at least 10 days or longer.

I ordered 2 $500 cards on 8/21 and my credit card was charged 8/21. On 8/27 I called the 888 number on my confirmation and was told they should be sent the next day. I called the 29th because I got no confirmation. I was told my info needed to be verified and she verified the SAME info I gave the rep on the 27th.

I called again on Monday 8/31 as I still had no confirmation. I had been told mine would be sent UPS because of the amount. Nothing had yet been sent and I told the rep my next step was to contact the FL attorney general as that is where Rewards for Good is located. I also said I was going to the social media. The rep told me she would have a supervisor call me back.

Late in the day a supervisor did call me and said they were mailed through the post office. I told her I was told they would go UPS. She said oh yes, I think maybe they were sent UPS. I asked for a confirmation number. She said she didn't have one. She would call me back. Just before she left for the day, she called and said she didn't have it and would email the warehouse which is in Ohio to get the number and call me yesterday.

At about 3:30 I called again as I didn't hear from the supervisor. I got another rep who said she had no info to give me and I said that first thing this morning I was going to the Attorney General etc. That was fine with her. I didn't hear anything more.

I did call AARP to complain as it is was from their website I ordered the cards. This morning, lo and behold there is a confirmation that my cards were sent UPS. I did check and they should be delivered tomorrow.

I would never order from this company again. I have learned my lesson. My opinion is I don't think they even have the cards when orders are placed. The story of the warehouse being backed up means to me that they don't have enough employees. I fully expect that this whole thing with Rewards for Good is going to blow up and people will end up losing their money or will have to fight to get the cards or a refund. It's free money for them for at least 10 days or longer.

That's a shame you had such a bad experience with them. I've ordered many times and my cards always come within a week to ten days. I think maybe your experience was more uncommon than common. I have a friend who orders his cards through Verizon with the same program, also with no problems. I hate they scared you away because it's a great way to save 10% on your cruise.

I've ordered many times and my cards always come within a week to ten days.

Assuming they show up tomorrow it will be a 14-day window. That's 4 days longer than the longest wait you've experienced. Is it worth it for someone to blow a gasket over 4-days?

Edited by fuddrules

Assuming they show up tomorrow it will be a 14-day window. That's 4 days longer than the longest wait you've experienced. Is it worth it for someone to blow a gasket over 4-days?

Well it was a good sum of money, I too would be a bit scared BUT hopefully they did order with a credit card, so one can dispute the charge if need be. But to threaten with "Attorney General" is a bit too much IMHO. I have ordered at least 10 times with them, not all gift cards other items and have NEVER had an issue with them! They are a VERY reputable company and I am saddened to hear this issue happened and how it was lost, who knows what happened. It does sound like they need to clean up their way of shipping and confirmation. As with each order I placed, even the various items I ordered from them, the order did state I would get a shipping notice and nothing. The last item I ordered the post office held the package for 5 days before they sent it out for delivery, so who knows, I hope you get your gift cards soon. This will not stop me from buying more in the near future as 10% is 10% more I can use elsewhere. I personally LOVE the program.................:D

After reading the Verizon gift card thread it seems like they are having the same issue, I wonder if it is the same company supplying them the cards and was over sold....???

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

To me it is worth as you say blowing a gasket in that I have already received and paid my bill for them. I don't think I would be as upset if I hadn't been given info telling me they had to verify again when that had been done the day before. Also, talking to the supervisor who didn't seem to know that the cards would be sent out UPS instead of US mail.

When I worked, the management people had to know at least as much as the craft people so having her tell me wrong info worried me. I used the threat of the attorney general because it seemed that I was getting nowhere with anyone.

I do realize that not everyone would get upset like I did, but it seemed like I was getting the runaround and I still feel as though I did. This company may be very reliable, but their customer service people didn't help much.

These cards aren't being made/processed/printed by John Heald, in his underwear, in the basement of the Breeze.

It's likely whoever is doing this is producing millions of cards per week for many different companies. Using every shipping method possible based on customer needs and/or contracts.

It takes some time. Especially when it's possible AARP (or Rewards) is using a very low cost card processor.

You paid with a CC. If it doesn't work out, you'll get your many back through your CC company.

I have ordered these gift cards several times now and love them - I have saved over $300 so far on my upcoming cruises.

I had a similar "problem" in one big batch I ordered. I placed an order for $1500 worth of $100 cards. 3 days after ordering I received phone call to verify I had placed the order, which I took care of. About a week later I noticed they still had not shipped and called back, and they said they needed to verify again - which I did - and then they were supposed to ship within like 3 days. Five days later they still had not shipped and I called back, got an operator who said a supervisor would call me back after they checked into the order - I gave them my cell phone to call. They called my house number and left a message saying they were going out next day air (due to their error) and I would receive them the next day (which was a Friday and my husband and I were scheduled to leave that morning at 6am for vacation) and that it would require a signature because of the large amount. So... we postponed leaving the next day and hung around waiting. Luckily - UPS showed up about 9am and handed me the package - no signature required. Got to love it! LOL! I was REALLY glad I decided to wait to leave so they didn't just "drop" that $1500 on my front porch while I was gone away for 3 days!

All my other purchases were just a couple $100 cards and those shipped and delivered in like 7-9 days regular mail.

Long story short... they are processing A LOT! of these gift cards and it seems larger orders of the $100 may take a while. Smaller orders seem to go quickly.

Also, just so you know I have not received one "confirmation of shipment" email; however, you can log into your AARP Rewards account and look at your points transactions, find the one that deducted the points for the purchase and click on it - and this will show you the detail of your order including shipping information (date it shipped or if it is still pending). This is how I keep track of mine if they have gone out or not.

Edited by wemjam

I had a similar "problem" in one big batch I ordered. I placed an order for $1500 worth of $100 cards. 3 days after ordering I received phone call to verify I had placed the order, which I took care of. About a week later I noticed they still had not shipped and called back, and they said they needed to verify again - which I did - and then they were supposed to ship within like 3 days. Five days later they still had not shipped and I called back, got an operator who said a supervisor would call me back after they checked into the order - I gave them my cell phone to call.

I'm wondering if it would make sense to break up bigger amounts into multiple orders (i.e. 3 orders each of 5 - $100 cards instead of $1,500 in one order).

That's my plan :-) No more really big orders. Never can seem to catch those $500 cards to make it easy, they are usually all gone by the time I find out any are available, so have to buy the $100 cards.

The Carnival agent loved me when I called to apply mine for payment and had to give her 15 different numbers - lol! She was very nice and said no problem though.