Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

I bought some on Verizon. I prefer the snail mail delivery option on AARP to the electronic delivery option on Verizon. I like an actual gift card. However, if you need them quickly Verizon is the way to go. I got the email within minutes of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought some on Verizon. I prefer the snail mail delivery option on AARP to the electronic delivery option on Verizon. I like an actual gift card. However, if you need them quickly Verizon is the way to go. I got the email within minutes of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Allstate Rewards offers both. Although, I think there are times when one or the other isn't available. The upside is, they're almost always available, no waiting like with AARP/Verizon. I've earned 17,000 pts. with hardly any effort and that's without the 10,000 you get for using the Drivewise app the first time. The downside is, their emails with promo codes don't come very often, but at least they're always worth 1,000 pts., as opposed to 150 with AARP's promo codes. So unless you use the Drivewise app regularly, earning points on Allstate slows down considerably. I haven't decided whether I like the physical gift cards or e-cards better. I think maybe the physical cards, but the immediate delivery of e-cards sure is nice too.

Allstate Rewards offers both. Although, I think there are times when one or the other isn't available. The upside is, they're almost always available, no waiting like with AARP/Verizon. I've earned 17,000 pts. with hardly any effort and that's without the 10,000 you get for using the Drivewise app the first time. The downside is, their emails with promo codes don't come very often, but at least they're always worth 1,000 pts., as opposed to 150 with AARP's promo codes. So unless you use the Drivewise app regularly, earning points on Allstate slows down considerably. I haven't decided whether I like the physical gift cards or e-cards better. I think maybe the physical cards, but the immediate delivery of e-cards sure is nice too.

I have Allstate home and auto both; but think I will pass on their rewards program. They may double the price of my auto insurance if they are actually monitoring some of the things I have heard they monitor; especially how I drive in South Florida, just to keep from getting ran over. Things like hard breaking and driving the speed limit (which sound almost suicidal when driving south of Jupiter on I-95) going to and from Miami or Fort Lauderdale. I usually end up hitting the brakes hard at least once every 20-30 miles, and more so the closer I get to Miami, while hoping no one hits me from behind; when someone in the far left lane decides they need to get off on at an exit on the right a couple hundred yards down the interstate. That is with everyone else doing a nice steady 80-85 MPH to keep the person behind us from running into us. This is also starting to occur on I-75 from about 50 miles north of Tampa all the way into Tampa as well.

I am not talking about and have nothing against most of the drivers in Southern Florida or how they drive, but there is that 1-2% who apparently found the secret stash of Cracker Jacks boxes with driver licenses in them.

Has Verizon quit doing the physical cards? I am not fond of the e-cards myself. I ask because I haven’t been buying many lately. I currently have 6 cruises booked right now (out into 2019); and only one of them is Carnival. I only owe $200 on it and have almost $1,000 in gift cards in the safe deposit box. I also may not be buying any more in the future because of the OCEAN Medallion Class thing that Carnival Corporation appears to be going to vs the Sign & Sail cards.

I have Allstate home and auto both; but think I will pass on their rewards program. They may double the price of my auto insurance if they are actually monitoring some of the things I have heard they monitor; especially how I drive in South Florida, just to keep from getting ran over.

Has Verizon quit doing the physical cards? I am not fond of the e-cards myself. I ask because I haven’t been buying many lately. I currently have 6 cruises booked right now (out into 2019); and only one of them is Carnival.

I'm not an Allstate customer, but non-customers can sign up for their rewards program through the Drivewise app. I haven't used the app at all, and possibly may never, because I'm not a fan of tracking apps. I created the account, then deleted the app. At the very least, I might reinstall it just to get that initial 10K points, haven't decided yet. Maybe if I get desperate for points.

I'm not a Verizon customer and you do have to be one to use their rewards program, but as far as I can tell from reading the Verizon gift card thread, they do still have physical gift cards. I think I even read that they recently started offering the e-cards too. Not sure if that's a regular thing though.

Do you mind me asking you why? Have not heard much about it.

I have no idea why the poster would be against it, but it's being floated on a trial basis on one of the Princess ships. A similar program is starting late this year on the MSC Seaside.

You wear it like a wristwatch and the internal chip will open your cabin for you and I am assuming that bartender's and servers will have a scanner so that you can make drink and other purchases onboard. This is just skimming the surface of what these things will be able to accomplish and it should make cruising that much more user friendly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I have no idea why the poster would be against it, but it's being floated on a trial basis on one of the Princess ships. A similar program is starting late this year on the MSC Seaside.

You wear it like a wristwatch and the internal chip will open your cabin for you and I am assuming that bartender's and servers will have a scanner so that you can make drink and other purchases onboard. This is just skimming the surface of what these things will be able to accomplish and it should make cruising that much more user friendly.

Thank you so much for the explanation. I wonder what the downside of it is for the poster.

Has anyone ever had a problem with not receiving the cards in the mail? I placed three different orders and have received two of them but not the third one. I bought $400 one day, the next day I bought $200 more, then the next day a $500 one. I've received the $400 ones and the $500 one ( which actually arrived in two days via UPS, signature required), but haven't received the $200 order yet. My account says they were shipped on 06/02. I'm somewhat concerned why I haven't received them yet.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Has anyone ever had a problem with not receiving the cards in the mail? I placed three different orders and have received two of them but not the third one. I bought $400 one day, the next day I bought $200 more, then the next day a $500 one. I've received the $400 ones and the $500 one ( which actually arrived in two days via UPS, signature required), but haven't received the $200 order yet. My account says they were shipped on 06/02. I'm somewhat concerned why I haven't received them yet.

I ordered some on 6/01 and received them today 6/9 - so they may be there tomorrow

If you ordered from AARP there should be a UPS tracking # in the shipping confirmation email. That will tell you when it is scheduled to be delivered.

I ordered 2 $100 cards last month. One each from 2 different accounts. I only received 1 of them. They only use UPS with tracking on $500 cards I believe. I know the $100 cards I've always gotten USPS no tracking info. Not sure if you buy 5 $100 cards which the use. I had to wait 10 business days from the shipping date shown on my account and then called and filed a claim. They checked on their end and called me back in a couple of days and asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. I chose replacement and had it in about 1 week. This is only the second time I've had something like this happen and I've purchased quite a few times.

I

I'm not a Verizon customer and you do have to be one to use their rewards program, but as far as I can tell from reading the Verizon gift card thread, they do still have physical gift cards. I think I even read that they recently started offering the e-cards too. Not sure if that's a regular thing though.

When I ordered a few from Verizon two weeks ago the only option was electronic delivery. Perhaps the physical gift card is offered sometime or sometime the electronic card.

When I ordered a few from Verizon two weeks ago the only option was electronic delivery. Perhaps the physical gift card is offered sometime or sometime the electronic card.

My guess is that they used to offer the physical card, and now (and perhaps from now on) the electronic.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

That’s not completely right; it appears to be a little more than just trial from what I have seen and been told by my Princess Planner. There are currently four Princess Cruise Line ships that have been upgraded or will be upgraded to OCEAN Medallion Class very very soon listed in the OCEAN Medallion class info on the Princess web page.

The Regal Princess is scheduled for her first Medallion Class cruise November 13, 2017 (I am booked on it)

The Royal Princess is scheduled for her first Medallion Class cruise January 19, 2018

The Caribbean Princess is scheduled for her first Medallion Class cruise March 18, 2018

The Island Princess is scheduled for her first Medallion Class cruise May 16, 2018

And there was an order put in earlier this year for a new Princess ship, yet unnamed, with Medallion Class to be installed when delivered; for delivery in 2022. (Identified in the Cruise Critic News several months back)

Do you mind me asking you why? Have not heard much about it.

This is really the proper place to be talking about the OCEAN Medallion Class Carnival Corporation is bringing out but since you asked here goes.

In a nutshell OCEAN Medallion Class is a computer based system using sensors and tokens; initially being rolled out on Princess Cruise Lines, with probable implementation across the entire Carnival Corporation fleet of cruise lines. While the current system can tell where you are when you use your card onboard, this new system does that, plus it is supposed to be able to find people on the ship, unlock your cabin door, order drinks to be delivered to your lounger pool side or seat in the theater, let them remind you of things you had told them (or they have determined from a profile you create) you are interested in and various other things on board. The ‘medallions’ are about the size of a quarter and we are required to carry at all times onboard the ship. They also do not contain personal information; just a ‘unique identification code’ their computer recognizes as you. The sensors installed around the ship, some 7,000 of them on the Regal Princess, will pick up these codes and send them back to an onboard computer. Based on what or where the sensor(s) is according to the computer, a specific action can/will be performed by the computer. This is why it will be able to unlock your door, tell the drink server where to find you, let you pay for something, etc. It also has the capability, theoretically, of tracking the movement of everyone on the ship through the medallion in both real time (24/7) (e.g. finding someone) or for after the fact use. There is also a profile they want us to fill out, that isn’t ready yet, so they can learn more about our preferences to help the OCEAN Medallion Class to do its magic. While I can see where it could be very helpful in locating a missing kid on board or that small percentage of people who think they are too good or experienced to attend the muster drill. I do not think it improves my experience onboard for them to know if I am chilling on my balcony or out wandering around, trying to walk off some of the lunch I just had at the buffet.

I, among others, also have concerns about, privacy, tracking issues and what they will be doing with the data collected by their computer(s). While Carnival Corporation is loudly hyping the ‘enhancements to the customers experience’, that in my opinion are byproducts of the data collection they may be doing. They have said little to nothing about what will be done with the information they collect, other than it will be safe guarded; and probably, unintentionally, have provided a few telling non-answers, answers and conflicting answers in their FAQ’s. Personally I believe marketing may be a major part of what is behind this roll out. Since this a corporate initiative, I also believe it would be fair to think that as the roll out continues, marketing personnel from all of the Carnival owned lines would have access to the information stored in the OCEAN Medallion Class database over tine; if not from the beginning.

Carnival Corporation’s various marketing departments should be drooling to get their hands on the information from these sensors; and also should be better able to target their marketing campaigns based on where the computer says we actually go and do, not just where we buy something. This change will cost Carnival Corporation mega bucks to convert their entire feet to OCEAN Medallion Class; so they must be looking for this to produce a major improvement in their bottom line; after all their first responsibility is to make money for their shareholders, not spend a bunch improving things for the general cruising public without a big return on the expenditure.

While the initial roll out of the OCEAN Medallion Class is happening on Princess Cruise Lines there is a link on the Carnival Cruise Lines home page at the bottom under “CORPORATE” labeled “Discover OCEAN”; that will take you to Carnival Corporations information about the OCEAN Medallion Class. There are also several threads in the forums here that deal with OCEAN Medallion Class as well as some stories in the Cruise Critic News. A word of caution though; I have seen a large amount of conflicting information between the treads, news and what I have seen on the Princess & Carnival websites and the Vegas video; which is confusing the entire OCEAN Medallion Class discussion.

I am booked in the same cabin on both the November 5th (last Sign & Sail) and November 13th (Medallion introduction) sailings of the Regal Princess so I can get a close up look at the Medallion Class myself; before making a final decision. Once I see for myself; I will make the decision if I need any more Carnival gift card in the future or have some to give to my friends for Christmas this year.

Follow up: I did receive the third order. They do not ship with tracking for orders less than $500.

What i like about the medallion idea is when i order a drink i dont have to stay stationary. The server will come find me.

Also You will be able to keep track of others in your party by using some sort of interactive map.

Who cares how they track you while you are on the ship, if you have a problem with being tracked throw away your cell phone quickly

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

What i like about the medallion idea is when i order a drink i dont have to stay stationary. The server will come find me.

Also You will be able to keep track of others in your party by using some sort of interactive map.

Who cares how they track you while you are on the ship, if you have a problem with being tracked throw away your cell phone quickly

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I don't get the uproar either. I think it's a great idea. How many places can I go onboard?I mean really. And my spending, when I go in and out of my room, when I get off and on at ports - all that and more is already tracked. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't get the uproar either. I think it's a great idea. How many places can I go onboard?I mean really. And my spending, when I go in and out of my room, when I get off and on at ports - all that and more is already tracked. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Maybe they are worried the cruise lines will be able to track how many squares of toilet paper are used or if they actually wash their hands afterwards.

This is really the proper place to be talking about the OCEAN Medallion Class Carnival Corporation is bringing out but since you asked here goes.

In a nutshell OCEAN Medallion Class is a computer based system using sensors and tokens; initially being rolled out on Princess Cruise Lines, with probable implementation across the entire Carnival Corporation fleet of cruise lines. While the current system can tell where you are when you use your card onboard, this new system does that, plus it is supposed to be able to find people on the ship, unlock your cabin door, order drinks to be delivered to your lounger pool side or seat in the theater, let them remind you of things you had told them (or they have determined from a profile you create) you are interested in and various other things on board. The ‘medallions’ are about the size of a quarter and we are required to carry at all times onboard the ship. They also do not contain personal information; just a ‘unique identification code’ their computer recognizes as you. The sensors installed around the ship, some 7,000 of them on the Regal Princess, will pick up these codes and send them back to an onboard computer. Based on what or where the sensor(s) is according to the computer, a specific action can/will be performed by the computer. This is why it will be able to unlock your door, tell the drink server where to find you, let you pay for something, etc. It also has the capability, theoretically, of tracking the movement of everyone on the ship through the medallion in both real time (24/7) (e.g. finding someone) or for after the fact use. There is also a profile they want us to fill out, that isn’t ready yet, so they can learn more about our preferences to help the OCEAN Medallion Class to do its magic. While I can see where it could be very helpful in locating a missing kid on board or that small percentage of people who think they are too good or experienced to attend the muster drill. I do not think it improves my experience onboard for them to know if I am chilling on my balcony or out wandering around, trying to walk off some of the lunch I just had at the buffet.

I, among others, also have concerns about, privacy, tracking issues and what they will be doing with the data collected by their computer(s). While Carnival Corporation is loudly hyping the ‘enhancements to the customers experience’, that in my opinion are byproducts of the data collection they may be doing. They have said little to nothing about what will be done with the information they collect, other than it will be safe guarded; and probably, unintentionally, have provided a few telling non-answers, answers and conflicting answers in their FAQ’s. Personally I believe marketing may be a major part of what is behind this roll out. Since this a corporate initiative, I also believe it would be fair to think that as the roll out continues, marketing personnel from all of the Carnival owned lines would have access to the information stored in the OCEAN Medallion Class database over tine; if not from the beginning.

Carnival Corporation’s various marketing departments should be drooling to get their hands on the information from these sensors; and also should be better able to target their marketing campaigns based on where the computer says we actually go and do, not just where we buy something. This change will cost Carnival Corporation mega bucks to convert their entire feet to OCEAN Medallion Class; so they must be looking for this to produce a major improvement in their bottom line; after all their first responsibility is to make money for their shareholders, not spend a bunch improving things for the general cruising public without a big return on the expenditure.

While the initial roll out of the OCEAN Medallion Class is happening on Princess Cruise Lines there is a link on the Carnival Cruise Lines home page at the bottom under “CORPORATE” labeled “Discover OCEAN”; that will take you to Carnival Corporations information about the OCEAN Medallion Class. There are also several threads in the forums here that deal with OCEAN Medallion Class as well as some stories in the Cruise Critic News. A word of caution though; I have seen a large amount of conflicting information between the treads, news and what I have seen on the Princess & Carnival websites and the Vegas video; which is confusing the entire OCEAN Medallion Class discussion.

I am booked in the same cabin on both the November 5th (last Sign & Sail) and November 13th (Medallion introduction) sailings of the Regal Princess so I can get a close up look at the Medallion Class myself; before making a final decision. Once I see for myself; I will make the decision if I need any more Carnival gift card in the future or have some to give to my friends for Christmas this year.

LeeRB

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Sorry if my question was off thread.

When you order a drink, do you feel the sudden urge to run away while it's being fixed?

I don't get the uproar either. I think it's a great idea. How many places can I go onboard?I mean really. And my spending, when I go in and out of my room, when I get off and on at ports - all that and more is already tracked.
Maybe they are worried the cruise lines will be able to track how many squares of toilet paper are used or if they actually wash their hands afterwards.
Just what this forum needs...another reason for the self-righteous to put people down just because they feel differently about something. :rolleyes: Right now most people know little to nothing about it, so when they hear about things like a small device that tracks you all over the ship, of course some people are going to be concerned about it, and there's nothing wrong with that. With modern tech what it is today, privacy is a real concern. There's still some of us who don't appreciate "big brother" watching and tracking our every move. I can do just fine on a cruise without the crew or the company knowing where I am and when at all times. I can see it now...the ones who preach about being "off the grid" and always gripe about the people who take their electronic devices on a cruise will also be the ones who will insult anyone who doesn't want to be LoJacked on the ship.

When you order a drink, do you feel the sudden urge to run away while it's being fixed?

Just what this forum needs...another reason for the self-righteous to put people down just because they feel differently about something. :rolleyes: Right now most people know little to nothing about it, so when they hear about things like a small device that tracks you all over the ship, of course some people are going to be concerned about it, and there's nothing wrong with that. With modern tech what it is today, privacy is a real concern. There's still some of us who don't appreciate "big brother" watching and tracking our every move. I can do just fine on a cruise without the crew or the company knowing where I am and when at all times. I can see it now...the ones who preach about being "off the grid" and always gripe about the people who take their electronic devices on a cruise will also be the ones who will insult anyone who doesn't want to be LoJacked on the ship.

A difference of opinion does not the self righteous make. I didn't say anything of the kind. Just that I don't get the uproar. And I threw in a 3-word bit of sarcasm when I said "I mean really." And when it comes to this board, that's nothing compared to what other people get in response to opposing opinions - yours being exhibit A. I think it's pretty self-righteous of you to call me a name when I used concrete examples of the "tracking" concerns already being done with the sign and sail card. Not everyone has to like it. And not everyone has to have a problem with it. But I didn't insult anyone. You sure did.