Princess prices

Ive sailed Princess several times and booked both early and last minute. I was hoping to sail again with Princess but the prices seem outrageous to me. Is it just me or have their prices gone up dramatically or am I missing something. Looking specifically at Caribbean cruises.

Ive sailed Princess several times and booked both early and last minute. I was hoping to sail again with Princess but the prices seem outrageous to me. Is it just me or have their prices gone up dramatically or am I missing something. Looking specifically at Caribbean cruises.

No you are not missing anything. :( There have been a few discussions here on CC over the last month or 2 about the very same thing. :cool:

No you are not missing anything. :( There have been a few discussions here on CC over the last month or 2 about the very same thing. :cool:

Fortunately being retired we have enough flexibility to wait for short-notice deals.

We've been to the places on our bucket list so we'd go primarily for the cruise. I previously booked at a reasonable price well in advance & watched for price reductions.

OP...I've had the same experiences & agree that for my budget the prices are outrageous. It's been many years since we have not had a cruise booked & with the current high price marketing plan we don't have any booked. :( Hopefully there continues to be some great short-notice cruse/air options (or even better only a drive to the port) or maybe it's time to cash in my FCC deposits & to sell my CCL shares to nearly double my investment.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Fortunately being retired we have enough flexibility to wait for short-notice deals.

We've been to the places on our bucket list so we'd go primarily for the cruise. I previously booked at a reasonable price well in advance & watched for price reductions.

OP...I've had the same experiences & agree that for my budget the prices are outrageous. It's been many years since we have not had a cruise booked & with the current high price marketing plan we don't have any booked. :( Hopefully there continues to be some great short-notice cruse/air options (or even better only a drive to the port) or maybe it's time to cash in my FCC deposits & to sell my CCL shares to nearly double my investment.

I just canceled our Emerald August Med cruise yesterday for that very reason. :(

Thanks for posting this, I feel exactly the same way. Looking at the 2016 prices, it's every cruise at every time of year that is priced completely insane. I can't imagine booking this far in advance and paying these prices.

Looking at cruises leaving this May and June, there were some pretty good sales for certain destinations, for example Mediterranean and Baltic. I'll have to wait and see if similar sales occur by early next year. I cruise solo and right now the Emerald June 4, 2016 14-Day r/t from London to St Petersburg is $7,000 CAD for an INSIDE CABIN, (half of that per person if 2 ppl sharing). That same cruise would've run me $4,600 for this summer at the highest non-sale price I saw.

I feel the same way about current Princess pricing. I was planning to do a B2B this fall, but instead have booked only one segment. I did the same itinerary last fall (CA coastal), and paid less for a balcony than I am paying this year for an inside.

I'm hoping this means food quality has improved in the HC :rolleyes:.

I just canceled our Emerald August Med cruise yesterday for that very reason. :(

Sorry to learn that you had to cancel your Med cruise which must be a big disappointment a couple of months before sailing. :(

Hi All

So looking forward to booking a cruise to the Med or may be Norway,

should get close to 75% of brochure price, so please keep cancelling those booked cruises, and no booking before 10 weeks from sailing.:D

yours Shogun

Cruise lines are doing some selective discounting,

The Princess ex UK cruise were on sale in the UK end April early May at good rates.

Some discounting is done through TA's only so the criseline prices stay high.

RCI and Celebrity have some UK TA only deals.

I've been waiting for a reduction on two cruises for the last four months, nothing yet, and maybe there won't be, as cabins appear to be selling well, despite the prices.

Seeing that Colo Cruiser has cancelled the Med cruise in August, I wonder if others flying in, may do the same?

Both cruises I am watching sail from Southampton. Can anyone help with the dates that booked pax can cancel without penalty please.

Royal Princess British Isles 13th August

Caribbean Princess Norway 29th August.

It was frustrating seeing the 1st August around Britain discounted heavily, and not be able to take advantage. So hoping that something appears for the ones I am watching.

Hi All

should get close to 75% of brochure price, so please keep cancelling those booked cruises, and no booking before 10 weeks from sailing.:D

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun

Not used to booking so late, I see your mention above 10 weeks, so if I'm looking at mid to late August, am I hoping to see some price reductions from around 2nd week in June?

I know you and Donna have successfully booked great deals in the past, so any tips gratefully received.

Hi The best prices come when you are within 10 weeks of sailing, you will need to pay at time of booking, watch out for small print eg cancel and no refunds, phone Princess and just ask any up and coming sales most are good enough to tell you, good luck deal hunting

Yours Shogun

I really want to do the British Isles next year and Princess has the best itineraries. So, it is not good news that some are cancelling this year because of pricing. It is hard to book close to sailing with airfare from the US but I guess I will remain positive :)

I just moved my booking on the Star to Alaska from May 2016 to August 2015 for a nice low price though!

Edited by LEtue

Sorry to learn that you had to cancel your Med cruise which must be a big disappointment a couple of months before sailing. :(

Extremely, final was next week and the air was $2200 plus pp. Cruise fare was ridiculous from the beginning and never did come down. Our son was going with us and the 3rd person fare in a mini was almost as much as the first 2 and over $2500k. All the 3rd and 4th discounts offered with all the sales did not apply to the Grand Med cruise (go figure) and they were significant discounts too. :mad: With air and cruise fare 16k for 3. :eek:

Hi All

yours Shogun

Absolutely! With high fares that aren't coming down as they did in the past, the best time to book now is after final payment date. A lot of folks cancel due to high fares and Princess is forced to reduce fares. Also, they don't have to give the reduced fare to those who have already paid.

I really want to do the British Isles next year and Princess has the best itineraries. So, it is not good news that some are cancelling this year because of pricing. It is hard to book close to sailing with airfare from the US but I guess I will remain positive :)

I just moved my booking on the Star to Alaska from May 2016 to August 2015 for a nice low price though!

I haven't checked summer airfares to Europe from the U.S. which based on Colo Cruiser's experience are outrageous but I have seen some great off-season prices using Princess eZAir.

We sailed the Regal's 17 day April TA & used FF miles but I also checked eZAir. Their flexible airfare when we booked 11 months in advance was $900 (LAX/FLL & Copenhagen/LAX). There was an even better deal on the Royal's 14 day TA available within the last month before sailing...total cost (including $630 air & taxes/fees) of $1800 for an inside & $2000 for a balcony. That's as low as $130/pp/day plus a lot of our various OBCs & is a great deal that we hope to find next year to Europe.

These were transatlantic cruises which are many times bargains but sometimes short-notice deals & eZAir are great for those of us with the flexibility to travel that way. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer