Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

We went to Machu Pichu with Jamie on our Sth American cruise in 2013

Best tour ever:)

Jaime has posted a photo on his FB page of the group. I am sure they all had a wonderful time. Look for PatagoniaShorex Excursions on FB (not sure how to get it on here.

Cheers

Tanya

Thanks Tanya, we are part of a small group going with Jamie on next years world cruise. I have heard nothing but glowing reports about him. Sooo looking forward to it.

Yes, he is amazing. We were his first group to MP and he took care of everything. You wont regret taking his tour

Tanya

Edited by stki

Spoke to my parents while they were waiting to leave st Martins. Apparently they were lucky to land there as it had been closed the day due to rough seas. They have also been warned they may not get into Easter Island. They said its been a bit choppy but not too bad....but then they live in Tassie and have crossed the Tasman a few times in much smaller vessel, so don't get too fussed about rough seas.

I'm hoping they get to Easter Island as I want a statue LOL.

They were also lucky to score the Sealife tour that got cancelled by Princess's provider, from a local operator for about a third of the cost. The tour Andy went on instead sounds good.

The sea looks nice and smooth for them so they are lucky for going ashore. The only "harbour" on the Island is a small rocky inlet with a narrow entrance that the surf swells through. When we called there each tender had to have a local pilot on board to negotiate the entrance.

There must be free wifi as I have already seen a couple of photos on FB

That will probably be due to the "International Airport" they have there.Heres a link to live webcam pics...

http://www.aipchile.gob.cl/camara_ubicacion/show/designador/SCIP

NASA built the airport for them in case they had to land any space shuttles/craft in the Pacific.

I think that is one excited boat.....

I have seen so many messages about making to the island!!!

Another friend emailed me a photo of the group infront of the statues... Once I get her permission I will post it here on Cruise Critic...

I think that is one excited boat.....

I have seen so many messages about making to the island!!!

Another friend emailed me a photo of the group infront of the statues... Once I get her permission I will post it here on Cruise Critic...

One thing that surprised me when we were there was that all the Moai have their backs to the sea. The groups of statues are standing on platforms and you are forbidden to stand on them. The locals even have Moai Police on duty who blow whistles if any one strays where they shouldn't.