Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

Pitcairn islanders must think ... yay pay day as they bring their wares on board.. I think the ship sends them home with supplies and luxuries that they may not usually get ...

Also doesn't one of the descendants comes on board and gives a lecture... I think his name is Christian... oh hang on isn't everyone's name Christian LOL...

Pitcairn islanders must think ... yay pay day as they bring their wares on board.. I think the ship sends them home with supplies and luxuries that they may not usually get ...

Also doesn't one of the descendants comes on board and gives a lecture... I think his name is Christian... oh hang on isn't everyone's name Christian LOL...

It could be. When we called and they came aboard ,I bought a hand carved turtle signed by the carver...Steve Christian.:)

The ship will also be delivering supplies as well as gifts , as ships calling there these days are few and far between.

We did not get the lecture as a crew member took ill that day and we had to leave early to get to Papeete in Tahiti for the hospital. The sea swells also got up that afternoon and we heard later that the locals had to wait about 12 hours off shore until they could make landfall.

A lot of Christian surnames on there and many went to Norfolk Island, descendants of the 'Bounty Mutineers.'

I have read the book on fairly recent sordid goings on at Pitcairn. Suffice to say on here they were/are some deviant men on the Island.

Yes that is what usually happens, the islanders come out in boats to sell their wares and get some freebies from the ship, perhaps a mohito or three? LOL.

Edited by NSWP

For those on board or have friends on board understand Ashley Carruthers a brilliant Aussie pianist from Newcastle is joining the ship in Papeete. He played to packed auditoriums on a cruise we did last year so highly recommended. :)

For those on board or have friends on board understand Ashley Carruthers a brilliant Aussie pianist from Newcastle is joining the ship in Papeete. He played to packed auditoriums on a cruise we did last year so highly recommended. :)

Thanks for that info...

Ashley Carruthers ...if you check out the calendar on his web site , you can see the other ships ,and clubs , he will be on this season

http://www.ashleycarruthers.com/

It is good to read all the blogs as they each paint their own picture, each one very different.

We have only cruised once and that was Sea Princess, we enjoyed the food, we only ate dinner in MDR 10 out of 14 days, never breakfast or lunch, but I can't remember it being cold. We enjoyed Horizons and twice I ate at the grill. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the pizza and lasagne in the Italian place, but the anitpasto plate was great.

We are sailing on Soltice in November, I hope the food is as good :)