Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

A low pressure system coming over NZ, gale force winds and rough seas a possibility. A nice rock and roll ride to Sydney to finish their World Cruise. Will be interesting to check Bridgecam this week.

I forgot to add, it was in September 2007 we got the 12 metre seas off NZ, enroute LA-Sydney on Regal Princess's last cruise before she became Pacific Dawn. I hope Sea Princess does not cop seas like that, scary.

Its all to the South , level with Tassie. If they head North they should be able to skirt around it.

Its all to the South , level with Tassie. If they head North they should be able to skirt around it.

Thanks David, they are heading back via the North, OK, we went round the South Island, copped it then. Strange they are not going into Milford Sound, wonderful in there.

Edited by NSWP

Seems they must be enjoying the free wifi on land as I am seeing lots of pictures turning up on FB

I think a lot of them are enjoying the free fast wifi Auckland has :D

and I guess what better to do on a cold and wet Auckland day is find a nice warm wifi hotspot :) :p

I have been following Andy and Judi from day 1 and have quite enjoyed there trip. His photos have been very good and his descriptions of the ports good also. I must admit I getting a little tired of his obsession with food. Hot, cold, the right time to go to the food court (in his opinion). The poor staff in the dining room must shudder when he arrives. :eek:

Oh well he can cook his own hot porridge when he gets home. ;)

Cheers

I think a lot of them are enjoying the free fast wifi Auckland has :D

and I guess what better to do on a cold and wet Auckland day is find a nice warm wifi hotspot :) :p

One passenger found something warm to do. We had friends who come up to visit yesterday and they took the bus from the City. They met an enterprising passenger off Sea Princess on the bus , who was heading to the Waiwera Hot Pools for day. :):)

Well I have to admit that the end of this cruise is kind of bringing our cruise up to the front line.... well the 2016 world cruise leaves first .... next years is a good one too as it is visiting the Baltic instead of spending so much time in the Med....

Garry and I enjoyed the Baltic ..... especially St Petersburg.... the amber room in Catherine's Palace and the gardens at peterhof, Church of the Spilt.... the hermitage.... my god it's endless...

We will be keeping you busy next year!!

I have been following Andy and Judi from day 1 and have quite enjoyed there trip. His photos have been very good and his descriptions of the ports good also. I must admit I getting a little tired of his obsession with food. Hot, cold, the right time to go to the food court (in his opinion). The poor staff in the dining room must shudder when he arrives. :eek:

Oh well he can cook his own hot porridge when he gets home. ;)

Cheers

Totally agree, I too have been reading Andy's blogs daily. His narratives and photos are excellent, amongst the best I have seen on CC. Yes, the MDR/Horizon Court staff would know him well by now, 'Turn up the burners on the porridge' they say, here cometh the Scottish/Canadian man. LOL.

Well done Andy.

I got some pictures in Auckland yesterday, the weather was absolutely terrible, lots of fog and really heavy rain (As you can see in some of the pictures).

There was bad swell on the ferry to Waiheke, but hopefully that won't affect a cruise ship too much.

EDIT: Bit of a problem with the photos, will make a separate post. First time using this forum

Edited by Jackrakino

Now as this cruise is in its final days and the Sea Princess is slowly making its way back to Sydney....

I would like to thank the two Kiwi's for doing such a great job in grabbing all those captures in all those wonderful ports....

:eek: just thought of something... that for some this isn't the end as some cruisers will continuing on up until Fremantle. I am sure there are many who are taking the opportunity to cruise home to Brisbane and Fremantle to avoid flight baggage weights....

anyhow...

David and Stu you have done a fabulous job once again!!

Thankyou....

I would like to thank the two Kiwi's for doing such a great job in grabbing all those captures in all those wonderful ports....

Your welcome :D :cool:

And a BIG Thank you to David :) for steeping in while I up and left with out a post for a little while....., while we sold our house and moved out..... :eek:

Hopefully next years world cruise I will be around for a bit more of it! (that is if we have a house by then!).

Yes David and Stu well done on the pics. Great to see they have a bit of an adventurous ride back to Sydney, even Andy did not hit the decks for his 30 laps yesterday.

Edited by NSWP

Just checked bridgecam, pretty smooth ride home. Welcome back to all the Sea Princess World Cruisers. Memories are made of this. And yes, thanks to all who contributed the photos, blogs, comments etc over the past 3 months, gave us our 'daily cruise fix.'