Is lobster served on the Celebrity constellation in Main dining room?

earl06

From my observations, there are a few dishes containing lobster in the rotation. But I haven't seen whole lobster in the MDR on any X ship, except for the Canada & New England itinerary on Summit (brought on the same day it was served in the MDR in Portland).

Edited by HickoryShampoo

Ok, gonna get flamed for this but here goes anyway :) I love lobster! I crave good lobster! The stuff served on cruise ships is a distant cousin to what I consider real lobster (which is the stuff you can get fresh in New England and Atlantic Canada). In fact, we can get better lobster tail (then what they serve on ships) at a local 24 hour diner which serves 2 cold water lobster tails for about $20 (which includes all the sides).

So here is my advice to some cruisers. If you want decent lobster book yourself a Canada/New England cruise. Then, every day when you get to your port simply go off the ship, visit a local restaurant, and order a nice 2 lb lobster! Or, if in Maine you might want to consider a decent lobster roll.

Hank

Ok, gonna get flamed for this but here goes anyway :) I love lobster! I crave good lobster! The stuff served on cruise ships is a distant cousin to what I consider real lobster (which is the stuff you can get fresh in New England and Atlantic Canada). In fact, we can get better lobster tail (then what they serve on ships) at a local 24 hour diner which serves 2 cold water lobster tails for about $20 (which includes all the sides).

So here is my advice to some cruisers. If you want decent lobster book yourself a Canada/New England cruise. Then, every day when you get to your port simply go off the ship, visit a local restaurant, and order a nice 2 lb lobster! Or, if in Maine you might want to consider a decent lobster roll.

Hank

Well you won't get flamed here.. in Nova Scotia. That warm water thing they call lobster on the ship is not worth eating. Of course we can buy the real stuff from fishermen selling off trucks at the roadside. Then we just rush home and toss them in a pot . Never get tired of it.

Cruises coming into Halifax can walk 2 blocks to the grocery store and pick up a fresh steamed lobster quite cheaply

Strange how no one answered the original question... Just bashed the item that a lot of cruisers enjoy. My input is that the standard celebrity 7 night menus do have lobster tails on one night. Maybe someone that has been on the constellation can comment from experience.

Coming from the UK any lobster is a treat!

The MDR on recent cruises has had lobster in the MDR, I think on one of the formal nights. We have missed it in there so I can not comment on the quality.

I have eaten it several times in the specialities though. Murrano's on the S class and Olympic and Normandy on the M class. In these restaurants it is flombeed table side and I have enjoyed both the theatre and the food.

Strange how no one answered the original question... Just bashed the item that a lot of cruisers enjoy. My input is that the standard celebrity 7 night menus do have lobster tails on one night. Maybe someone that has been on the constellation can comment from experience.

Yes on 7 night or longer cruises there is lobster offered on the last formal night. On the short Caribbean cruises there is only one formal night and no lobster offered.

You posters who live on the east coast are spoiled. In the midwest there are places that do serve fresh cold water lobster (flown in daily), but at "market price " ( usually 30-$40 for a 1 1/2 lb one or more for lobster tail. When we're in the northeast, we order lobster alot!!!

Yes on 7 night or longer cruises there is lobster offered on the last formal night. On the short Caribbean cruises there is only one formal night and no lobster offered.

On my recent 7-night Caribbean, there was a lobster dish available on both formal nights. (On the Silhouette)