Erosion of Diamond Plus benefits?

I really wish I knew why. This nice lady just showed up at our cabin with a tray of water bottles. :D It certainly was a pleasant surprise.

Steve I have been putting water on my list online for one of our two welcome aboard gifts for several cruises now and always have (a) a bottle of wine, and (b) six bottles of water....K.O....:)

You might find that you do prefer Celebrity. However, I am basing my opinion on my experiences and my likes not on the opinions and likes of people who I have talked to on tour buses. It would make sense that if you talk to people who are sailing Celebrity that a good many of them are going to prefer that line over RCI. If you talk to a group of people who are sailing NCL or Carnival or Princess you might find exactly the same pattern.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. We spoke with past RCCL cruisers that switched over to Celebrity. Unfortunately I won't be able to experience Celebrity for some time. My boyfriend prefers the more relaxed dining experience of RCCL. He can wear shorts and a polo shirt to dinner whereas Celebrity is to strick. :( Before I get flamed more, he does wear slacks and a tie on formal nights. :D

Hey, I hate to disagree but I enjoy the perks. Much of the stuff mentioned by the OP was indeed trivial. C'mon, a nightly FREE cocktail hour? Just that one benefit makes it worthwhile.

Do I care if it takes me ten minutes to get on the ship or 20? No. Get over it.

If it takes a quick visit to the Loyalty Ambassador to get my wine, no problem. Get over it.

Do I care about robes? Not really.

Johnny Rockets? Seriously?

The internet would be the only one I would care about, but I want to see what the new policy really is.

As I said, the nightly cocktail time trumps all this trivial stuff!

Agreed! I can't believe how upset people get over trivial things. Actually I don't feel that I am "nickel and dimed" . If you don't want something don't buy it. Cruise holidays are still a very good value and that is even with solo rates.

If you haven't done other types of holidays for several years It might be a surprize when you price them out.

I really wish I knew why. This nice lady just showed up at our cabin with a tray of water bottles. :D It certainly was a pleasant surprise.

We were given 4 small bottles of water on each of our B2Bs on Indy early this year. They said it was for being B2B.

Then why did you get a "mini" bottle of wine and not a full size bottle???? :D

The OP is D+ and therefore might have requested the mini bottle of wine with their Welcome Aboard Bag. The wine that is available as a D+ amenity is the larger size.

We were given 4 small bottles of water on each of our B2Bs on Indy early this year. They said it was for being B2B.

We also got 4 small bottles of water on our b2b on Legend last month, but we thought that was because we were in a GS.

Edited by cruisenfever

I think you were very lucky. On our recent 16 and 17 night Radiance cruises in Feb/March we were told if we purchased an unlimited pkg we could not use our coupons. In the past....when there were paper coupons.....we could put them together. But now, with the new system, Patti is correct and we were told, on more than one ship, that they were now attached to the each person's folio. Each of us had to log in and set up an account. Sure would have been nice to have credit towards a package. :)

I prefer to believe it was my charming personality and unending loyalty to RCI.:D

... My boyfriend prefers the more relaxed dining experience of RCCL. He can wear shorts and a polo shirt to dinner whereas Celebrity is to strick. ...
On the Celebrity Century, I wore jeans and a polo on informal nights. On HAL, I wore jeans, polo and Vibram FiveFingers. :D on informal nights. I don't think the cruise lines are as strict as some of their fans would prefer (Cunard excepted). Give Celebrity a whirl. Edited by CantanaLobo

Sorry I wasn't more clear. We spoke with past RCCL cruisers that switched over to Celebrity. Unfortunately I won't be able to experience Celebrity for some time. My boyfriend prefers the more relaxed dining experience of RCCL. He can wear shorts and a polo shirt to dinner whereas Celebrity is to strick. :( Before I get flamed more, he does wear slacks and a tie on formal nights. :D

Ahh, so your boy friend prefers RCI over Celebrity. I guess I am not alone in that preference.;)

Then why did you get a "mini" bottle of wine and not a full size bottle???? :D

That's a very good question, my friend - the powers that be (concierge & LA) pretty much shrugged their shoulders and said that's the way it is now. Kind of the whole point of this post.

That's a very good question, my friend - the powers that be (concierge & LA) pretty much shrugged their shoulders and said that's the way it is now. Kind of the whole point of this post.
It is a "full" bottle of wine not a "mini" bottle of wine. My only question is did you or did you not go online to C&A and actually choose your preference for your onboard gifts?:confused:

did they change the inetrnet again? On our last cruise you had the option to choose the 60 minute use any time option.

Yes they did.

Each Diamond Members gets 24 hours of consecutive use

Each Diamond Plus Members get 48 hours of consecutive use

Each Pinnacle Club Member gets complimentary internet for the duration of the cruise.

It is a "full" bottle of wine not a "mini" bottle of wine. My only question is did you or did you not go online to C&A and actually choose your preference for your onboard gifts?:confused:

We did (as we always do). We ordered a nice bottle of Ravenswood Zinfandel. Goes for about 8 bucks in our neck of the woods.

Yes they did.

Each Diamond Members gets 24 hours of consecutive use

Each Diamond Plus Members get 48 hours of consecutive use

Each Pinnacle Club Member gets complimentary internet for the duration of the cruise.

Thanks Patti. If I understand the new system correctly, both DW and will get two 24 hour sessions that we can use for any 24 hour period while on board. i.e., Monday, skip Tuesday, Wednesday, skip Thursday, etc.

The benefits flyer says "2 days of free internet or $59.50 off a package." I have no idea if you can split the days or not. :)

You can split the days - each day must be used as a continuous 24 hr. block.

I remember when the airlines allowed you to book a domestic ticket for 20000 miles. Now that you can't,everyone stopped flying. Oh wait..,, Things change. I'm sorry that all of you D+ are upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you received the mini bottle as your amenity, that was a mistake. The same thing happened on our Explorer cruise last year; I went to LA (no help at all) then mentioned it at GS and a bottle was sent to our stateroom. (btw they blamed it on Miami. Said they usually can't help with amenity delivery at the ship level) Sounds like you didn't have much help with your requests.

Also- we did receive 4 water bottles in each cabin (Crystal Geyser) on our last 2 trips. We didn't use them last time (thought we would be charged) but this time, the room steward told us they were a C&A benefit (didn't specify any level). We used them and weren't charged.

Edited by marci22

If you received the mini bottle as your amenity, that was a mistake. The same thing happened on our Explorer cruise last year; I went to LA (no help at all) then mentioned it at GS and a bottle was sent to our stateroom. (btw they blamed it on Miami. Said they usually can't help with amenity delivery at the ship level) Sounds like you didn't have much help with your requests.

Also- we did receive 4 water bottles in each cabin (Crystal Geyser) on our last 2 trips. We didn't use them last time (thought we would be charged) but this time, the room steward told us they were a C&A benefit (didn't specify any level). We used them and weren't charged.

I thought the mini bottle was in lieu of a bottle of beer or a soda

I thought the mini bottle was in lieu of a bottle of beer or a soda

No, we got our mini wines, coke, and the water bottles were additional. There were 4 in each cabin. Had them last summer too, but we didn't drink them because we thought they were extra $. The Evian bottles were in the mini bar, these were on the counter and Crystal Geyser.

Edited by marci22

I remember when the airlines allowed you to book a domestic ticket for 20000 miles. Now that you can't,everyone stopped flying. Oh wait..,, Things change. I'm sorry that all of you D+ are upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

I am also concerned regarding the downgrading of benefits. Perhaps when you are Diamond Plus, you will also not be very happy. Or perhaps you have unlimited funds for vacationing. Whatever it is, there is no need to belittle our feelings. :)

I think you were very lucky. On our recent 16 and 17 night Radiance cruises in Feb/March we were told if we purchased an unlimited pkg we could not use our coupons. In the past....when there were paper coupons.....we could put them together. But now, with the new system, Patti is correct and we were told, on more than one ship, that they were now attached to the each person's folio. Each of us had to log in and set up an account. Sure would have been nice to have credit towards a package. :)

I was able to do like the previous poster and combined my coupons and was then taken off the total package cost. Although the folio number was different everything was going on my card for payment so they had no issue combining ours. I think this is going to be one of those things that your response will be dependent on who is the in charge of d/d+ and how nice they are feeling.

Steve I have been putting water on my list online for one of our two welcome aboard gifts for several cruises now and always have (a) a bottle of wine, and (b) six bottles of water....K.O....:)

This is what we have received as well. I just assumed since I chose water as my gift choice that it was actually 6 bottles.

I was able to do like the previous poster and combined my coupons and was then taken off the total package cost. Although the folio number was different everything was going on my card for payment so they had no issue combining ours. I think this is going to be one of those things that your response will be dependent on who is the in charge of d/d+ and how nice they are feeling.

Totally agree. Another fine example of Royal Caribbean Inconsistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not upset, more confused than anything. But then we don't fly any more - after we booked all of those free trips with our miles, we stopped flying. Sorry you can't use your airline miles any more though.