RS on Summit Questions

Hoping to get some answers to a couple questions for booking of Royal Suite w/early 123 (all the perks: tips/specialty dining/prem.drinks, et cetera):

1. We are in a RS but had to choose Select Dining; How to make reservations? Do we need to do this prior to the cruise online or each day w/Butler? We have complimentary dining at any restaurant on the ship????

2. Can we have lunch anywhere, even venues that "charge" (would we be charged?).

3. If Michaels is "open to suites only", do we need our card to get in; other cruisers do not have access?

4. Do we need to "book" shows online prior to cruise?

Sorry to ask these questions if already done, but "new" to Celebrity & Suite Perks. Thanks for any help here!

Francis

Hoping to get some answers to a couple questions for booking of Royal Suite w/early 123 (all the perks: tips/specialty dining/prem.drinks, et cetera):

1. We are in a RS but had to choose Select Dining; How to make reservations? Do we need to do this prior to the cruise online or each day w/Butler? We have complimentary dining at any restaurant on the ship????

2. Can we have lunch anywhere, even venues that "charge" (would we be charged?).

3. If Michaels is "open to suites only", do we need our card to get in; other cruisers do not have access?

Sorry to ask these questions if already done, but "new" to Celebrity & Suite Perks. Thanks for any help here!

Francis

1. You can make reservations for specialty dining through your Butler or the Concierge in Michaels Club. Luminae requests that you advise them of the time you want to dine the next evening. (Have not sailed since Luminae opened, this is from reading CC.) You can also dine at Blu on a space available basis. Just show up when you want to dine and you will be seated if there is a table.

2.Yes, in a RS you can have lunch in specialty restaurants on days they are open, and Bistro on 5 without charge.

3. No, the Concierge will recognize you after your 1st visit, so I'm told.

4. No, reservations are not taken for the shows.

Francis

Luminae, the suite dining room is really all "select" but they prefer you to let them know when you are coming at least the night before....we did a few times on our TA but most nights we just showed up and had no trouble being seated in the same section with the wait staff we really liked.

In a RS you get free Spec. Dining most everywhere but suspect you will find Luminae so good you will more often than not opt for it rather than anywhere else.

Michael's is wonderful, the concierge or the bar staff will recognize you and welcome you. It is staffed most hours of the day and evening.

On Eclipse for most of the shows those in suites had a reserved section of seating, but it had to be occupied at least 15 minutes prior to the show, after that the section is opened up to all...

Enjoy the RS!! :)

i am fairly sure we had one a couple of years ago on the Millie and I think we had one on the Solstice but never used it. We were on the Equinox at Easter and we do not recollect one. I guess as more and more of us download to iPads and other devices we do not really bother with DVDs any more. I honestly think they probably are in some rooms but not others.

I would suggest if a DVD is important for you to mention it to the conceirge when you receive your pre cruise email. I am sure they will do their best to round one up for you if your stateroom doesn't have one. Equally if they are not provided any more you can make alternative plans.

I can't vouch for summit but have done RS on both Solstice and Constellation. Neither had a DVD player, but ask your butler as soon as he comes to see you and he'll get one sorted. Get in early, they are in short supply. I've tried to get it organised in advance, but it never seems to work.

I can't vouch for summit but have done RS on both Solstice and Constellation. Neither had a DVD player, but ask your butler as soon as he comes to see you and he'll get one sorted. Get in early, they are in short supply. I've tried to get it organised in advance, but it never seems to work.

Thanks. We'll either request one in advance, or bring our own little portable one ( to be sure).