Radiance of the Seas Dry Dock/Revitalisation

Have read somewhere that Radiance was Revitalised in 2011 and due again in 2016 but on looking at Royal Caribbean's Schedule for these things can't find it listed again.

Does anyone know if it is due or being done anytime next year? :confused:

Have read somewhere that Radiance was Revitalised in 2011 and due again in 2016 but on looking at Royal Caribbean's Schedule for these things can't find it listed again.

Have not seen a list of any changes coming to Radiance.

This is the only list I'm aware of, and I don't see Radiance:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations

Have not seen a list of any changes coming to Radiance.

This is the only list I'm aware of, and I don't see Radiance:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations

I tried the link and it is a slide show naming ships and "newly renovated/revitalized". Not seeing anywhere that shows what ships are scheduled for future enhancements. Am I missing something?

I tried the link and it is a slide show naming ships and "newly renovated/revitalized". Not seeing anywhere that shows what ships are scheduled for future enhancements. Am I missing something?

If you scroll down it lists the ships that are going to be enhanced in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Edited by Yorkvillain

One thing that annoys me about the revit procress is the secrecy around it - we all know what's coming, so why keep it under wraps?

And even now, a month after Explorer OTS completed its dry-dock and started sailing again, the Explorer OTS pages on the US and UK websites just mention that she's going into dry dock with new features coming soon. So lazy.

• 2 weeks later...

The last cruise I see scheduled ends May 1st, 2016 and the next cruise scheduled is May 15th, 2016. I see a two week break in there so that is my guess on when dry dock is for the Radiance of the Seas.

We get on it on May 20th, 2016 so I will be looking forward to it.

The last cruise I see scheduled ends May 1st, 2016 and the next cruise scheduled is May 15th, 2016. I see a two week break in there so that is my guess on when dry dock is for the Radiance of the Seas.

Jewel of the Seas is due for its major "revitalization" next year. It is the last of the Radiance class ships to undergo this refurbishment and will have the various changes that were done to the others in her class. If Radiance is due to go into drydock in 2016, I suspect it will be for a more routine drydock process that usually occurs every five years and will likely not include any significant changes. We were just on Jewel last month and thought she was in good condition. Will miss the Seaview Cafe when her revitalization takes place.

Jewel of the Seas is due for its major "revitalization" next year. It is the last of the Radiance class ships to undergo this refurbishment and will have the various changes that were done to the others in her class. If Radiance is due to go into drydock in 2016, I suspect it will be for a more routine drydock process that usually occurs every five years and will likely not include any significant changes. We were just on Jewel last month and thought she was in good condition. Will miss the Seaview Cafe when her revitalization takes place.

negc, were we not together on the Jewel of the Seas after she came out of drydock, maybe a TA??

Rick

• 6 months later...

As are we looking forward to it.

It will be out of service May 2-14, 2016. This was posted on the 9-9-16 Vancouver, B.C. to Honolulu roll call:

"Radiance had its major revitalization in May, 2011. Dry docks are scheduled every 5 years and are primarily for maintenance. I know the ship has been having plumbing problems recently, so I hope that is on the list.

One major update will be the elimination of the "green" staircase in the Centrum from Deck 4 to Deck 5 and adding the aerial show in the Centrum. Since all that equipment is on Deck 12, they will move the Future Cruise Sales, probably to Deck 6 at the entrance to the Colony Club.

Other changes will probably be minor."

We have recently returned from cruising on the Radiance. Captain Goran said Radiance was due for its compulsorary 5 year maintenance check next May as previously reported.

He was unsure (or not saying) as to or if there would be any major renovations.

Condition wise, Radiance was still ok but needs revitalising.

We just enjoyed our 7th cruise on Radiance, rough seas but she handles it so well.

Always friendly cruisers on her and a great crew.

We have recently returned from cruising on the Radiance. Captain Goran said Radiance was due for its compulsorary 5 year maintenance check next May as previously reported.

He was unsure (or not saying) as to or if there would be any major renovations.

Condition wise, Radiance was still ok but needs revitalising.

We just enjoyed our 7th cruise on Radiance, rough seas but she handles it so well.

Always friendly cruisers on her and a great crew.

The almost 2 week dry-dock gets a lot accomplished. Worn carpeting painting replacing bedding that is worn. All in all the ship stays about the same during a dry dock but worn things get replaced. It is not like a major refurbishment just a little freshening up of what is already there.

It will be out of service May 2-14, 2016. This was posted on the 9-9-16 Vancouver, B.C. to Honolulu roll call:

"Radiance had its major revitalization in May, 2011. Dry docks are scheduled every 5 years and are primarily for maintenance. I know the ship has been having plumbing problems recently, so I hope that is on the list.

One major update will be the elimination of the "green" staircase in the Centrum from Deck 4 to Deck 5 and adding the aerial show in the Centrum. Since all that equipment is on Deck 12, they will move the Future Cruise Sales, probably to Deck 6 at the entrance to the Colony Club.

Other changes will probably be minor."

I have to wonder if they are actually planning on putting the aerial show on Radiance. As of now, they're not adding it to Jewel during her major refurbishment in April. The show hasn't struck me as a huge success, at least compared to other "innovations".

• 2 weeks later...

If you look on the RCL deck plans, you can click "Deck Plans from "15-May-2016 to 05-May-2017" to see the deck plans after dry dock. I looked through every deck and I didn't catch anything different. My family and I will be sailing on May 27th. Hopefully some entertainment is added!

1295339876_ScreenShot2016-01-04at12_40_59PM.jpg.aed9e5f50b5e476669fa69e8f1d79b7f.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just came across your last year's post re Radiance.

Would be very interested to see either your post and/ or your review, re any visible changes after the short dry dock next month. We are going on her here in Sydney in April 2017 - only a short coastal cruise up north.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

It's in dry dock now.. I was thinking about stopping by and taking some pictures.. From what I heard it sounded more like mechanical type refurbishment, propeller work, etc.

If I get some pics I will upload tonight..

It's in dry dock now.. I was thinking about stopping by and taking some pictures.. From what I heard it sounded more like mechanical type refurbishment, propeller work, etc.

If I get some pics I will upload tonight..

That would be great if you could! Thanks.

We just got off Radiance on Sunday. She was heading to dry dock in Portland for 2 weeks. Most work is being done on hull. Some cosmetic work will also take place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We just got off Radiance on Sunday. She was heading to dry dock in Portland for 2 weeks. Most work is being done on hull. Some cosmetic work will also take place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Portland?......WOW!........right up the road and we're on her first post-drydock sailing. Wonder if we can catch a ride to Vancouver on her instead of flying!

I was there last night.. Appears it is more than mechanical work being done.. about 800 people are working on it (confirmed sources report).

However it's hard to get a good view w/o being in the water next to Radiance..

Pictures are the same - shot from the gate of the shipyard - the second one is zoomed up to show the ship

radiance-dry-dock050416.jpg.d98ac78decfed5f202e9cd8e970c1cd4.jpg

Edited by sparty18