Caribbean END OCTOBER - How is the cruise weather wise

Nicagal

I am looking to book a Caribbean cruise at the end of October next year, and was wondering if anyone has done this cruise at this time and how they found it weather wise? I know it is still classified as hurricane season, but is it worth booking? Looking at the Southern or maybe Eastern. I have only been to Caribbean in Feb-April. Any suggestions? :confused:

Edited by Nicagal

Fall is my FAVORITE time to cruise the Caribbean. If you like to be in the water it's warm and that's the way we like it on beach days. We have had rain very rarely and have never had to change an itinerary due to weather but keep in mind we could be rerouted somewhere else if there would be a hurricane.

I wish Princess would add back more cruises in the fall but they have a lot of ships in the Med around that time.

I would not hesitate to book a fall cruise!

We have done a couple of cruises in Sept/Oct. If you like warm/hot, humid weather then you should be fine. Yes it is Hurricane season and I believe that the news casters were predicting that this could be a worse year due to El Nino. We like going later in the year as the water is warmer then Jan. Feb. We would not let this time of year stop us from going if we were planning a trip to the Caribbean. As mentioned if by some chance the weather turns bad the captain will re-route the ship.

We have done a couple of cruises in Sept/Oct. If you like warm/hot, humid weather then you should be fine. Yes it is Hurricane season and I believe that the news casters were predicting that this could be a worse year due to El Nino. We like going later in the year as the water is warmer then Jan. Feb. We would not let this time of year stop us from going if we were planning a trip to the Caribbean. As mentioned if by some chance the weather turns bad the captain will re-route the ship.

Exactly backwards. news reports, regarding the release of the NOAA Hurricane predictions indicate a LOWER than normal hurricane season, with potentially 7-11 named storms and of those o ly a few reaching hurricane or major hurricane status, due to El Nino, which has a suppressing affect on Atlantic development.

Oct can be a good time, lighter crowds, lower prices. Yes, it's still hurricane/rainy season and yes, storms have happened in October, odds are slim it will happen during your cruise, no matter what the predictions may be....if there is a major disturbance, the captain can reroute to escape. Otherwise, hot, humid and sunny. Enjoy.

Perhaps Waltd is thinking about the Pacific. We're expecting more than the normal amount of hurricanes this year.

Maybe so but I thought the news said east coast since we don't get Hurricanes here on the west coast very often. But then again I could have heard wrong. Either way I would still take the chance and go. It's a Cruise. :)

Exactly backwards. news reports, regarding the release of the NOAA Hurricane predictions indicate a LOWER than normal hurricane season, with potentially 7-11 named storms and of those o ly a few reaching hurricane or major hurricane status, due to El Nino, which has a suppressing affect on Atlantic development.

Oct can be a good time, lighter crowds, lower prices.

Only expert predictions more inaccurate than the pre-hurricane season predictions are:

o What the price of oil will be

o What the stock market will do

Thanks the advice! I am booking for next year Oct 2016. So hopefully we will have less hurricanes predicted for then too.

We have sailed at the end of Oct quite a few times. We missed ports on a couple of cruises. Yes it is the tail end of hurricane season but I always felt there was more of a chance at that time of the year as we saw some smaller TS systems come through more then once. I guess you just never really know.

We were in Crown late October 2007. Poured like Niagara Falls one night (we were watching the World Series on MUTS) but other than that all good weather. I think the far southern Caribbean is mostly out of the hurricane path...correct me if I am wrong.