For how many days do you use the same towel?

Look at his history with posts. This is modus operandi for him.

Not sure quite what you mean, but yes I have been on record before as indicating that I do not require the service of a cabin attendant.

Yes really. Since the tip is obligatory, it isn't a tip but rather a service charge. Since I am paying the service charge I deserve some service. What's hard to understand about that?

Nothing. You feel that you should take out your aggravation about having to pay a few dollars more to vacation on a helpless individual who has no control over the original decision. It's pretty clear.

It's also pretty sad.

Nothing. You feel that you should take out your aggravation about having to pay a few dollars more to vacation on a helpless individual who has no control over the original decision. It's pretty clear.

It's also pretty sad.

Your hyperbole is what is pretty sad. I said nothing about taking out aggravation or being rude to a cabin attendant. I also don't regard them as "hapless" individuals. I simply said that since I'm forced to pay for it, I expect it to be delivered.

However since you brought it up, the reason I don't like to pay the additional fee, is that aside from the fresh towels (once a day would be fine) I don't need them. It isn't that I don't want them because I don't want to pay, it's that I don't want to pay because I do not want them.

Consumer and environmental health agencies recommend to use the same towel 3 times before having to wash it. Royal encourages you to participate in save the waves and re use the towels. For how many days do you use the towel in your cabin ?

This is a joke, right?

I must admit I at first was a bit shocked with the preponderance of one and done's on this thread. But then again we all like a form of vacation which uses vast amounts of finite fossil fuel too move essentially a hotel through water. Feeling good about saving water and energy by reusing towels seems akin to feeling like you are an environmentalist because you drive your electric car to the airport to catch your private jet. :)

From now on I'm one and done too!!

Edited by DirtyDawg

At home or on a cruise, I will use the same towel twice. Just how I've always done it. Smells funky to me after the second day. Won't reuse anyone elses towel though. GROSS! Like taking a drink from someone elses cup.

I must admit I at first was a bit shocked with the preponderance of one and done's on this thread. But then again we all like a form of vacation which uses vast amounts of finite fossil fuel too move essentially a hotel through water. Feeling good about saving water and energy by reusing towels seems akin to feeling like you are an environmentalist because you drive your electric car to the airport to catch your private jet. :)

From now on I'm one and done too!!

I was more surprised by the number who say they are "one and done" at home. I just wouldn't want to deal with that much extra laundry.

I was more surprised by the number who say they are "one and done" at home. I just wouldn't want to deal with that much extra laundry.

Maybe you assumed the 'one and done' folks shower daily :eek::eek:

Just kidding!

Bath towels, towels for my hair, washcloths, floor mats - use once & done.

Hand towels get changed once daily. Mr Chew knows better than to even breathe in the direction of my towels!!

At home, we'll go a few days between changes.

The one and done folks must have a bigger budget for the hired help that does the laundry at their estates than moi! You know good help is just so hard to find with minimum wage, insurance and you just can't administer corporal punishment any more... sigh! Kidding aside;)... As much as I would not mind fresh towels (not to mention bed sheets) every day, I am not up to the task and I don't change my habits because there is someone else to do the chore. Honestly I don't understand on a practical point... you are taking of bit of clean water off of a washed body... what makes the towel so unclean?

To each their own...

Consumer and environmental health agencies recommend to use the same towel 3 times before having to wash it. Royal encourages you to participate in save the waves and re use the towels. For how many days do you use the towel in your cabin ?

Until the end of the cruise. But the attendant usually replaces them after a few days even though they are hanging up.

Only in America! I grew up very poor in the country and used clotheslines for drying clothes. I still use a clothesline for my sheets - you can't beat the freshness of wind dried bed clothes! Sometimes, you just cannot take away from someone what is so deep in someone's mind. My mother would kill me if I was so wasteful!

I am clean when I step out of the shower, so hence, my towel remains clean and I reuse my towel about 3 days. I have no problem with them drying in the bathroom, but I do not like a steamy shower room. Therefore, I leave the bathroom door open when I shower.

What a thread! :)

We live in a planned community and it is against the deed restrictions to hang wash outside on a clothes line.

I grew up having to use a towel for several days and thought it was gross.

Our doctor recommends multiple washcloths for each shower.

We use a clean towel and washcloth for every shower both on vacation and at home. We live in a very humid climate and the towels don't dry well enough on the towel racks to keep from smelling like mildew, so I wash towels in hot water and bleach every day. (only use white towels)

The one and done (even at home? Sorry, that is hard to believe) seem to be taking over this thread. But I want to give a shout out to the rest of us who are either lazy or more environmentally conscious. And we live in NC and our towels dry just fine at home in our humid summers

Oh well. As someone said previously, to each his own. But kudos to OP for bringing up a NEW divisive topic.

Edited by cindivan

Only in America! I grew up very poor in the country and used clotheslines for drying clothes. I still use a clothesline for my sheets - you can't beat the freshness of wind dried bed clothes! Sometimes, you just cannot take away from someone what is so deep in someone's mind. My mother would kill me if I was so wasteful!

I am clean when I step out of the shower, so hence, my towel remains clean and I reuse my towel about 3 days. I have no problem with them drying in the bathroom, but I do not like a steamy shower room. Therefore, I leave the bathroom door open when I shower.

What a thread! :)

I shower with the bathroom door open, too, and use a towel 3 - 4 days. I also sort of squeegee myself off with my hands before I use a towel so the towel is not sopping wetb and is usually almost dry on the next use. I never use washcloths.

I don't use fabric softener at home as that reduces towel absorbancy and I shudder to think of all those chemicals eventually ending up in the ocean and via biological amplification, in the bodies of sea animals.

Edited by Bookish Angel

At home we re-use towels.

But when we're on vacation we want the enjoy the luxury of having fresh towels for every shower. It's a treat, especially as we don't have to wash them ;). That's what vacations are for - to enjoy things that are different from day-to-day life.

I will use my towels as many times as I know they are my towels. If I'm not sure if it's mine or hubby's it goes. I know for a fact the last hook wasn't used. Hubby didn't take a shower in the morning since we were on a long excursion and taking one before dinner. When we came back a towel was missing and one was on the last hook. I love my hubby, but not drying my face with something that dried his junk and ass. Vice versa for him.

I'm definitely a re-use person. When I was growing up there were 5 kids and my mom and dad. There was no way my mom would be washing 7 bath towels every single day - not an option.;) And, of course, some of those days there would be more than 7 bath towels as all the 4 boys played all kinds of sports that had their own towels. That's how I learned how to operate the washer and dryer back in the day. After 4 or 5 hockey games that towel in my hockey bag was a little rank. Not to mention all the other hockey gear in there!:eek: And there was no way my mom was going anywhere near that bio-hazard material.:D Re-using a bath towel once or twice is a (fresh) breeze compared to re-using hockey gear a few times.:D

"Consumer and environmental health agencies recommend reducing the quantity of food consumed. Royal encourages you to participate in save the waves and reduce your food consumption by using the new saucer sized plates in the Windjammer."

Would you support reducing the size of the plates in the Windjammer? Or, perhaps Royal should limit access to Windjammer to port days only?