sneaking drinks!

Carnival lead me to believe that I would get cheap water and now they are crediting me for my order. People have posted saying it is wrong to sneak in drinks, but I say oh WELL! I am doing it now just because they should have given the water at the price posted. At the very least they should have changed the price on line before they credited me.:mad::eek:

Carnival lead me to believe that I would get cheap water and now they are crediting me for my order. People have posted saying it is wrong to sneak in drinks, but I say oh WELL! I am doing it now just because they should have given the water at the price posted. At the very least they should have changed the price on line before they credited me.:mad::eek:

Umm.... you don't have to "sneak" water on. You are allowed to bring water onboard. It's just limited as to how much.

Umm.... you don't have to "sneak" water on. You are allowed to bring water onboard. It's just limited as to how much.

Umm.... You do have to sneak water on if you want enough, especially for a seven day cruise. Heck with sneaking water on though, sneak hard liquor! We have to make Carnival pay for stealing this water away from us!!!!

Did the $2.99 put you over your credit limit?

Since it was an obvious error dont know why you are so surprised.

CCL Mischelle posted in the long thread about this topic that the $2.99 IS NOT an error, but Carnival's new price on the water.

Post #347 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2217615&page=18

edit to add: OP, you may want to read that post AND post #350. Carnival is looking into the erroneous credits.

Edited by ferfoodle

CCL Mischelle posted in the long thread about this topic that the $2.99 IS NOT an error, but Carnival's new price on the water.

edit to add: OP, you may want to read that post AND post #350. Carnival is looking into the erroneous credits.

They have until Monday to figure this out because I will be boarding Conquest at 12.

OK very surprised they would sell water this cheap.

Umm.... You do have to sneak water on if you want enough, especially for a seven day cruise. Heck with sneaking water on though, sneak hard liquor! We have to make Carnival pay for stealing this water away from us!!!!

If you need more water, you can always replenish at your port stops. I like the bottles for convenience, but have no issue drinking the water on the ship.

They have until Monday to figure this out because I will be boarding Conquest at 12.

Somebody posted that they ordered the water on Thurs. And it was waiting in their room when they boarded today. If you have your email confirmation, just show it to them. I flagged mine so it was easier to find.

Oh, jeez. This is a joke right? The water is going to be honored. I think we overwhelmed whoever was manning the office over the weekend and they thought it must have been an error and acted accordingly. At absolute worst this is "right hand not knowing what left hand is doing". On Monday when things go through, we'll all see where the chips fell and act accordingly. No sense getting riled up at this juncture.

Wow what next.

Smuggle clothes on.

There are actually guidelines for size, weight and amount of luggage on the Carnival sight... perhaps you have stumbled onto something to come.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1373

Edited by ncovert
https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1373

$2.99 is correct water price-Carnival Moderator Michelle is looking into it. She is trying to find out reason some people have it listed as return pending. Check other thread on water about page 17

OK very surprised they would sell water this cheap.

Considering you can get perfectly good purified water out of the tap on ship for free, and if for some reason that wasn't good enough you can carry-on 12 bottles a person, they probably couldn't sell very much by charging an inflated price.

My guess is people carrying it on was causing them a hassle, perhaps due to the need to inspect the bottles to be sure they are actually water and not a clear alcohol. So they made the bottled water a good deal in hopes of dissuading most people from carrying it on. Why lug it around when you can get the same price buying it from them and getting it delivered to your stateroom?