Island Princess

CretaMed88

Thanks for sharing the video.

She looks pretty decent from the front and side views,but the aft view is another story (aft best seen in last 1min 30 for anybody wishing to focus on that piece).

If my upcoming cruise were not a port intensive bargain, I do not think I'd pick this ship.

Thanks for sharing the video.

She looks pretty decent from the front and side views,but the aft view is another story (aft best seen in last 1min 30 for anybody wishing to focus on that piece).

If my upcoming cruise were not a port intensive bargain, I do not think I'd pick this ship.[/Q

The Aft is pretty ugly. Looks like it was built out of Legos.

Oh dear lord what have they done to my baby!

I understand the reasoning behind the changes, agree or not, but did they have to make it look like a wall.. You would think they would have put windows there or something??

Oh dear lord what have they done to my baby!

I understand the reasoning behind the changes, agree or not, but did they have to make it look like a wall.. You would think they would have put windows there or something??

Sorry your baby is disfigured! I agree they could at least have downplayed the wall effect. Windows would have helped. Even now, surely they could dress it up to help it look better. Maybe some carefully excited paint...my non-artistic brain thinks of her name decoratively painted in the top sections of that ugly wall and Princess logo on the lower part. Some artistic person could do a lot by treating as a blank canvas.

I am not an engineer but wonder if the solid aft exterior is required for structural integrity after adding so much extra weight to the aft portion of the ship?

Was thinking the same.

I am surprised they did not add sponsons or at least a ducktail.

Still could have done more with it. Even some kind of vertical slatting would allow for some depth without sacrificing structural support (flat panels on an exterior surface do comparably little.

It just looks.. Cheap... Like they didn't care to spend to make it look halfway decent.

I am not an engineer but wonder if the solid aft exterior is required for structural integrity after adding so much extra weight to the aft portion of the ship?

Island Princess arriving at Piraeus port on 28.5.2015

nb7CjhsC6uE

WE will be on the Island in Feb, so very much appreciate the video.

She looks fine to us. Seems some just can not accept change. Agree once on board who cares about the back end?

WE will be on the Island in Feb, so very much appreciate the video.

She looks fine to us. Seems some just can not accept change. Agree once on board who cares about the back end?

Why would EVERYONE need to accept it?

Its what makes the world go round. Its what's inside that counts. :cool:

And changes are not always improvements & we're all entitled to have our own opinions without being dismissed by saying that "some just can not accept change". :rolleyes:

I'll gladly accept changes that to me are an improvement & it's merely my opinion that overall the Island's changes are not an improvement.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yeah, not really aesthetically pleasing. But at least I won't be able to see that view when I'm onboard!:D

Yes you are right but I think a lot has to do with loosing some public space on the inside along with the aft pool, no matter how small it was, and the wrap around deck. But for those that have never been on the Island it probably will not matter.

Or in this case, what's NOT on the inside! ;)

NO INTERNATIONAL CAFE! :mad::mad::mad:

I think this specifically is a big miss on Princess's part as it is such a popular option and amenity for us cruisers!

Also why they wrecked one of the best Promenades in their fleet is beyond me.

While I am not totally in love with the new design, I could look the other way for the right itinerary, and can understand that Princess needs to increase the base revenue with some more rooms. I just feel that they did not go down the best path that they could have. The ideas first proposed several years ago were much better.

OK, off my soap box about the IC! LOL! Just my opinions!

Happy Cruising!

Mark