Cost of ice cream on Allure?

I have seen pictures of an ice cream shop on the boardwalk that serves scooped ice cream on the boardwalk and I am sure it is not free but I can't find a price list. Anyone know the price?

I'm not talking about the soft serve or the stuff in the main dining room. I know both are free.

You're right, it's not free. They have many Ben & Jerry's flavours to choose from and also delicious looking cupcakes. We didn't taste the cupcakes, but had some ice cream. Two scoops/flavours ended up costing $3.53 (this was total price, including the Spanish VAT + 18% gratuity) and three scoops/flavours was $4.48 (also including the VAT + gratuity). Unfortunately I don't remember what the prices were for smaller or bigger portions, but I hope this helps a bit! :)

I found this and I don’t know id it is Correct

Self Serve Ice cream Machines (Ice Cream Bar)

Two self service frozen yogurt ice cream machines (operational between 10.00am and 6.00pm) can be found by the Sports and H20 pool areas and a further one is located within the Wipeout Cafe. Guests can help themselves to a choice of Vanilla, Strawberry or chocolate ice cream served in wafer cups.

Edited by gtgeorge

Two self service frozen yogurt ice cream machines (operational between 10.00am and 6.00pm) can be found by the Sports and H20 pool areas and a further one is located within the Wipeout Cafe. Guests can help themselves to a choice of Vanilla, Strawberry or chocolate ice cream served in wafer cups.

Yes, this is correct! The machines are for free. One is located in the Wipe Out Café, two are in the pool area where the "bridge" over the Central Park is located (Pool Bar/Mast Bar).

Ben & Jerry´s is for purchase at the Ice Cream Parlor or now Cups & Scoops on the Boardwalk.

steamboats

Pro-tip:

Step 1. Get some chocolate chip cookies from the Windjammer.

Step 2. Put the cookies in a bowl and smash them.

Step 3. Go to get some soft ice cream and put it in the bowl with the cookies.

Step 4. Enjoy! :D

Pro-tip:

Dangerous tip.....but thanks. :) I generally try not to have ice cream during the day, but I may have to try your tip.

M

Pro-tip:

What a great idea

Pro-tip:

Since I love the Royal Caribbean chocolate chip cookies (not the sugar free variety) and since I am not much of a dessert eater -- I speak with my waiter on night one and ask to have chocolate chip cookies for dessert each night. It never is a problem; sometimes they can't get them for the first night...then if there is a night I want ice cream for dessert....I have both my chocolate chip cookies and ice cream.

The cookies that I don't finish with dinner, I take back to the room and enjoy with the morning coffee we order from room service.

Pro-tip:

Great idea.

Don't get why would someone pay for (brand name) ice cream when they can get it elsewhere? (along with many other treats)

Since I love the Royal Caribbean chocolate chip cookies (not the sugar free variety) and since I am not much of a dessert eater -- I speak with my waiter on night one and ask to have chocolate chip cookies for dessert each night. It never is a problem; sometimes they can't get them for the first night...then if there is a night I want ice cream for dessert....I have both my chocolate chip cookies and ice cream.

The cookies that I don't finish with dinner, I take back to the room and enjoy with the morning coffee we order from room service.

Oooh, why didn't I think of asking cookies for a dessert!? I'm not that into desserts either, but I absolutely LOVED the chocolate chip cookies on Allure. And I also do love ice cream, so combining these two is perfect for me. :p

Great idea.

Don't get why would someone pay for (brand name) ice cream when they can get it elsewhere? (along with many other treats)

Ingredients. B&J has known ingredients, and within reason all can be eaten by my family.

American "soft serve" is cornsyrup&chemicals, and that cannot EVER be eaten by DH and DS, not without blood sugars going skyhigh (cane sugar = fine, corn syrup = tremendously high...fun little quirk of their biology!), moods being awful, and tantrums being had. (I do not have the same issue and have been known to go off to "wander the ship" and snag some evil chemicals in a cone but please don't tell them)

And TASTE. Softserve isn't gourmet; it's sweet. And the corn syrup solids make it feel good on your tongue.

B&J might not be gourmet either, but it's pretty darned good tasting.

Ingredients. B&J has known ingredients, and within reason all can be eaten by my family.

American "soft serve" is cornsyrup&chemicals, and that cannot EVER be eaten by DH and DS, not without blood sugars going skyhigh (cane sugar = fine, corn syrup = tremendously high...fun little quirk of their biology!), moods being awful, and tantrums being had. (I do not have the same issue and have been known to go off to "wander the ship" and snag some evil chemicals in a cone but please don't tell them)

And TASTE. Softserve isn't gourmet; it's sweet. And the corn syrup solids make it feel good on your tongue.

B&J might not be gourmet either, but it's pretty darned good tasting.

And I was going to reply "because it's Ben & Jerry's". But I think your answer is more complete. :D

Pro-tip:

Or make an ice cream sandwich

The soft serve machines are for cones, NOT bowls . One cruise we were on the machines were always empty/out of service, why, because people were empting the machines filling bowls they got from the windjammer. Along the pool deck there were people(adults)at all the tables everyday with their bowls. Pretty much all the crew could do was place out of service signs until they could service the machines. The children who wanted cones were out of luck.

The cost of a double cone at cups/ scoops on oasis was 2.88$, looked it up on our final bill.

Edited by setsail

The soft serve machines are for cones, NOT bowls . One cruise we were on the machines were always empty/out of service, why, because people were empting the machines filling bowls they got from the windjammer. Along the pool deck there were people(adults)at all the tables everyday with their bowls. Pretty much all the crew could do was place out of service signs until they could service the machines. The children who wanted cones were out of luck.

I don't understand why you cannot have a bowl of soft serve, nor was I aware of an age restriction.

Could it be that some of the people that used bowls instead of wafer cups where gluten intollerant? I am. I thank you for the good idea of taking a bowl from windjammer as I am currently on the Allure.

Could it be that some of the people that used bowls instead of wafer cups where gluten intollerant? I am. I thank you for the good idea of taking a bowl from windjammer as I am currently on the Allure.

I have never understood why there aren't small paper cups with little spoons by the soft serve ice cream. PLENTY of people don't like cones or can't eat the cone and some parents probably prefer their children to have it in a cup as well.....easier for some children to actually eat, not wear, when it drips on them.

Didn't even cross my mind someone could have a problem with people using bowls! :D That's just silly. Can't speak for everyone, but I've paid for my cruise and you can be sure I'll be using bowls if I want to instead of wafer cups which I'd just throw in a bin (now that's a waste of food!). Unless RCCL would ban using bowl for some reason, obviously. Besides, it's not like I have to fill the whole bowl, I take the same amount of ice cream regardless.

I have never understood why there aren't small paper cups with little spoons by the soft serve ice cream. PLENTY of people don't like cones or can't eat the cone and some parents probably prefer their children to have it in a cup as well.....easier for some children to actually eat, not wear, when it drips on them.

agreed

Some machines are located near the self serve coffee/cold beverages so we have seen some use the plastic coffee cups.

m

Didn't even cross my mind someone could have a problem with people using bowls! :D That's just silly. Can't speak for everyone, but I've paid for my cruise and you can be sure I'll be using bowls if I want to instead of wafer cups which I'd just throw in a bin (now that's a waste of food!). Unless RCCL would ban using bowl for some reason, obviously. Besides, it's not like I have to fill the whole bowl, I take the same amount of ice cream regardless.

I think they were implying that some people got big bowls and filled them over the top, like pigs and then took them back to their chairs that they hogged all day long with a towel holding their place. Some people just go nuts on a cruise and don't think about waste. If you are are not that person, then they are not talking about you.

There is real ice cream in the dining room for dessert nightly!

And also in the MDR for lunch (when open -- usually sea days).

And the buffet usually has free scooped vanilla ice cream in the evening -- with some nice toppings.

Johnny Rockets has an Oreo Sundae included with the price of the meal. (Is it still $4.95?)

I found Ben & Jerry's to be about the same as USA land prices.

But, with all the free (included) food, I usually don't pay extra.

Some ships have the Ben & Jerry "sweet" cabin -- overlooks the cow -- and I think you get free ice cream with this.

I'm not sure if the Allure has this -- Anyone know?

Edited by Jimnbigd

I think they were implying that some people got big bowls and filled them over the top, like pigs and then took them back to their chairs that they hogged all day long with a towel holding their place. Some people just go nuts on a cruise and don't think about waste. If you are are not that person, then they are not talking about you.

There's absolutely NO waste involved if they actually eat what they take - or are you some kind of food police that monitors how much people eat?