Allure Shows without Reservations

Just wondering if you can get into shows without making reservations on the Allure - most specifically the Broadway show, Aqua show, Blue Planet, Ice Games (I know the Comedy club venue is small so that one is a 'no').

I plan on making reservations for all of them beforehand, but am asking in case we want to go again on another night. Or in case things change last minute and we don't end up making it on the night that we booked (e.g. kids club activity at that time)

All reservations are cancelled 10 min prior to show time. There´s usually a line forming outside the Amber Theater for those wanting to see the show without a reservation. Even in the Comedy Club walk ins were possible.

steamboats

All reservations are cancelled 10 min prior to show time. There´s usually a line forming outside the Amber Theater for those wanting to see the show without a reservation. Even in the Comedy Club walk ins were possible.

steamboats

Thank you. This is good to know too so we don't show up last minute with reservations.

Just got off the Allure on Sunday. We had reservations for all of our shows and the only one that was totally packed out was the Comedy Club, all other venues had loads of spare seats

Thank you. This is great to know from a recent experience.

Hope you had a great cruise!

I went to the Aqua show a second time because I liked it so much. I did not have a reservation for the second night and had no problem getting in.

Curious, which one was worthwhile seeing more than once?

I'm anticipating seeing Mamma Mia more than once and the Aqua shows (if we can )

Quick question - when can you start booking online entertainment (shows, etc) online through the cruise planner? Just looked for next April 2016 and I think it's too early but I don't see any shows available.

Thank you so much :)

Amanda

Quick question - when can you start booking online entertainment (shows, etc) online through the cruise planner? Just looked for next April 2016 and I think it's too early but I don't see any shows available.

Thank you so much :)

Amanda

Unfortunately, there is no set time. Keep checking the Cruise Planner for reservation opeings.

Curious, which one was worthwhile seeing more than once?

I'm anticipating seeing Mamma Mia more than once and the Aqua shows (if we can )

Good luck on seeing Mamma Mia! twice - it´s a 2.5 hour show with a 15 min break! Not sure whether you have that much time on a very port intense cruise.

steamboats

Good luck on seeing Mamma Mia! twice - it´s a 2.5 hour show with a 15 min break! Not sure whether you have that much time on a very port intense cruise.

steamboats

Yeah I know...But I'm a bit of an odd ball as I've seen it 22 times so far, so obviously love it.:D Last month I introduced my DD to it and she loves it too. We'll probably reserve the daytime one (since she's younger so not sure how long she can stay up) and then play it by ear if we try standby. If they are at night, then they isn't much else we'd be doing anyways (if not seeing another show that night). We're theatre lovers so for us, the shows on Allure are part of it. Having said that, we'll definitely want to see all other shows (minus comedy show)...so will depend on when everything is playing.

Edited by LuCruise

we are just off the Allure (14th june) we walked into the ice show & the headliners show in the Amber theatre & each time we were not asked if we had booked. we missed the aqua show & the comedy show through illness & could not re-book. you cannot book any show more than once as far as I could tell.

we are just off the Allure (14th june) we walked into the ice show & the headliners show in the Amber theatre & each time we were not asked if we had booked. we missed the aqua show & the comedy show through illness & could not re-book. you cannot book any show more than once as far as I could tell.

Thanks for the feedback of your experience. That is my understanding...that you can only book each show once. Did you arrive close to the show time? Someone commented below that reservations are lost 10 minutes prior to the start. Sorry you missed the aqua and comedy shows...and worse that you were ill. Hope you had a great cruise.

I THINK (not positive) that the restriction is that you can not have more than one reservation for a show at any one time. I thought that you were allowed to book again if your previous reservation was in the past, ASSUMING that there were open slots. Am I wrong on that?

Thom

Online in advance you can´t book the same show more than once. Not sure whether the system allows you to book the same show once more lets say for Wednesday when you´ve already been to the Monday show with a reservation.

Anyway all reservations are gone 10 min prior to show time and everybody is welcome to fill up the empty seats. Usually there´s already a line forming outside the theater with those who showed up without a reservation.

BTW, they´ve scanned our cards two weeks ago for every show. And I saw people being rejected when the scanner showed "red" - meaning they did not have a reservation.

steamboats

I could not book the Aqua show or the comedy show again even tho we didn't attend, maybe if I had gone to customer services instead of trying interactive I may have been successful?

We had to cancel Giovannis but they re-scheduled us for a different night (well worth it)

Just wondering if you can get into shows without making reservations on the Allure - most specifically the Broadway show, Aqua show, Blue Planet, Ice Games (I know the Comedy club venue is small so that one is a 'no').

I plan on making reservations for all of them beforehand, but am asking in case we want to go again on another night. Or in case things change last minute and we don't end up making it on the night that we booked (e.g. kids club activity at that time)

Depends. Are there 2 of you or 12? I do recommend the reservation for the aqua show as A. Seating is limited. B. Comfortable seating is more limited. C. Dry seating is limited. I'm not sure how much run time Blue PLanet has, but I do recommend the balcony as good seating for this one.

Just off the allure June 7-14. I was surprised ice show was packed. SRO the night we went. Comedy show was letting in standby guests 5 minutes out. Every other show was 15 minutes out, but both nights everyone got in. We saw the comedy show twice. It was really fun and maybe 20% repeat. Sadly Mamma Mia started the cruise after we got off so can't answer on that.

Depends. Are there 2 of you or 12? I do recommend the reservation for the aqua show as A. Seating is limited. B. Comfortable seating is more limited. C. Dry seating is limited. I'm not sure how much run time Blue PLanet has, but I do recommend the balcony as good seating for this one.

There are 4 of us. I do plan on making reservations for shows (but we'll probably skip the comedy one as that wouldn't be applicable for kids). My question is more related to if we wanted to see something a second time where we couldn't book a show twice.

Thanks for the tips. For theatre I like to sit as close as possible, but I've heard not to do so for the Aqua show (unless you want to get wet) and as you say for Blue Planet (since it's better to be further back for the full effect)

We completed our Allure cruise June 7th, and were surprised (at first) to see almost all the shows have plenty of seats available for "walk-ins".

In addition, the main dining room for the 6pm traditional dining was also frequently void of guests after the first night.

What became clear is that the current Europe itineraries are very port intensive, and many of the excursions get people back to the ship about 6pm or so. Since many of the excursions are also 9-10 hours long and start at 8am...

...our estimate was that between long days in the ports and arrivals back on Allure about 6pm or so...many of the traditional events - such as shows & early dining - were likely going to be thin on attendance.

Put simply - after long tour days and evening departures...it appeared many of those onboard were simply worn out and passed on anything early. We were told by our servers that the 8pm dining was far busier, and likely this held true for later shows as well.

We would recommend booking shows, etc with your best intention to attend, but be aware that walking into a later or different show was likely easier on the current Europe cruises than those back in the Caribbean.

There are 4 of us. I do plan on making reservations for shows (but we'll probably skip the comedy one as that wouldn't be applicable for kids). My question is more related to if we wanted to see something a second time where we couldn't book a show twice.

Thanks for the tips. For theatre I like to sit as close as possible, but I've heard not to do so for the Aqua show (unless you want to get wet) and as you say for Blue Planet (since it's better to be further back for the full effect)

If your kids are old enough to be alone a little while, or you can partake once of the baby sitting service (no idea how that works) The comedy show is enjoyable. My recommendation there is just don't go the first night.

Oh....and to add to our previous post a minute ago...the Blue Planet Show is the best one onboard right now and a "must see", with the AquaTheater show a good second. The Ice Show is a good one as well.

For the main theater temporary "Sunday" show, we actually saw more people walking out during the show than attending it. Sad...but is was somewhat of a bore. For those seeing "Mama Mia" - starting very soon - we suspect that show will see better attendance.

One of my personal favorite things to attend as well was the Captain's Corner. Captain Johnny (Faevelen) is simply one of the most personable and humorous Captains we've seen on any of our cruises.

We completed our Allure cruise June 7th, and were surprised (at first) to see almost all the shows have plenty of seats available for "walk-ins".

In addition, the main dining room for the 6pm traditional dining was also frequently void of guests after the first night.

What became clear is that the current Europe itineraries are very port intensive, and many of the excursions get people back to the ship about 6pm or so. Since many of the excursions are also 9-10 hours long and start at 8am...

...our estimate was that between long days in the ports and arrivals back on Allure about 6pm or so...many of the traditional events - such as shows & early dining - were likely going to be thin on attendance.

Put simply - after long tour days and evening departures...it appeared many of those onboard were simply worn out and passed on anything early. We were told by our servers that the 8pm dining was far busier, and likely this held true for later shows as well.

We would recommend booking shows, etc with your best intention to attend, but be aware that walking into a later or different show was likely easier on the current Europe cruises than those back in the Caribbean.

Our Allure cruise will be a Caribbean one so I suppose the attendance is higher. Can totally see what you are saying though with the current Allure itineraries as so much to see and do.

Oh....and to add to our previous post a minute ago...the Blue Planet Show is the best one onboard right now and a "must see", with the AquaTheater show a good second. The Ice Show is a good one as well.

For the main theater temporary "Sunday" show, we actually saw more people walking out during the show than attending it. Sad...but is was somewhat of a bore. For those seeing "Mama Mia" - starting very soon - we suspect that show will see better attendance.

One of my personal favorite things to attend as well was the Captain's Corner. Captain Johnny (Faevelen) is simply one of the most personable and humorous Captains we've seen on any of our cruises.

Great to hear that Blue Planet is so good. We'll make sure we get to it, as well as Aqua show for sure. Our family loves shows/theatre so we'll be sure to catch them as it's part of the Allure experience. And I'm extra excited as these seem like more impressive shows than the standard cruise entertainment.

I'll be interested in hearing how full Mamma Mia is once it starts. And also, how it varies by the times (e.g. I suspect the matinee one won't be as busy since people would rather do stuff in the day - but that's a good option for us since my DD will be 6.5 so I don't have to worry about it being too late for her and us having to leave)