Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

Bea, I have checked out the Pub and there is a no smoking policy there. About the Top Sail Lounge, they haven't decided 100 % yet but for the moment no smoking, the same as MSC Divina. Yesterday we went to the buffet for a dinner but not impressed at all. Most of the restaurant closed off and not much to choose from. Nobody offered us drinks. Tonight it's back to the YC Restaurant. Very nice that they have a outside pizzabuffet and burgerstation though.

Bea, I have checked out the Pub and there is a no smoking policy there.

Thank you, NC. Just one more thing the app has got wrong!

About the Top Sail Lounge, they haven't decided 100 % yet but for the moment no smoking, the same as MSC Divina.
DH won't be too happy to hear that - but the less convenient it is for him to have a cigarette, the less he'll smoke!

Yesterday we went to the buffet for a dinner but not impressed at all. Most of the restaurant closed off and not much to choose from. Nobody offered us drinks.
Surprised and a little disappointed to hear that. I imagined the food would be really good - especially in the early days - to make a good impression.

Tonight it's back to the YC Restaurant.
Apart from the speciality restaurant dinners, we would never eat any meals outside of YC when booked there.

Very nice that they have a outside pizza buffet and burgerstation though.
I'm really looking forward to that. The One pool buffet is very limited on Fantasia class ships. Having to change into decent clothes to trek to the restaurant for lunch is a bit of a pain. I really like the burgers onboard and DH likes the pizza so the new set-up will be great for us. Another positive is that the restaurant is directly below (as is our cabin :p) so we can check out what's on offer there before any decisions for lunch.

Yesterday we went to the buffet for a dinner but not impressed at all. Most of the restaurant closed off and not much to choose from. Nobody offered us drinks.

Well, maybe those of us who aren't lucky enough to be in YC will have a slightly less fantastic experience than it looks like you are having ;p

Good Afternoon!

May I post a question? I know, most of you are YC guests, so perharps you don't even know the answer, but is it true that at least for the regular passengers they have just downgraded from the lovely Lavazza coffee they were serving last February in the Fantasia to the ugly Segafredo coffee "thing" (to be the most well behaved possible...) like what it is beeing suggested here by some Portuguese Travel Agent blogs?

And to be humble and honest, if they are to be somewhat proactive with the current cruise passenger trends they will need to solve that buffet dinner thing... The younger generations want faster dinner experiences than the current older crowd... Unfortunately it is my prediction that by MSC World inauguration date, perharps all the old style MDR experience will be gone on the whole Mainstream or Contemporary cruise Industry and replaced by perharps glorified buffet experience at very best (like MSC is currenthly doing for breakfast and lunch times) to not say moving entirely to Marketplace experience for the most part. Even me, beeing from somewhat the "old crowd", I'm becoming tired of so long "formal" dinners, and I prefer to have a more relaxed faster one that can free me to the lovely evening entertainment. And for that "special day" that may happen, I would be more than happy to pay apart for a show and dinner experience or just a specialty dinner of choice...

Have a nice day!... :)

From watching one of the earliest videos, it's clear that Segafredo coffee is being served on Meraviglia. There was a zoom in on a cup with the brand image. I don't drink coffee so it doesn't matter to me.

2.45 mins in

I'm in agreement with you about the buffet.

Edited by Beamafar

Bea - are you packed yet?! You must be pretty excited at the moment!

I do like Lavazza coffee - oh well - will make do with Segafredo then! Or I will just have to have a cocktail lol! ;p

Bea - are you packed yet?! You must be pretty excited at the moment!

I do like Lavazza coffee - oh well - will make do with Segafredo then! Or I will just have to have a cocktail lol! ;p

Just the one!? :D :D

Yep ................. finished packing this morning. We're flying out Thursday evening so will be nicely rested and fresh on Friday to get onboard early as possible to explore the ship. Can't wait!

I'm just about to have a nice glass (or two) of vino to settle the nerves! ;)

Just the one!? :D :D

Yep ................. finished packing this morning. We're flying out Thursday evening so will be nicely rested and fresh on Friday to get onboard early as possible to explore the ship. Can't wait!

I'm just about to have a nice glass (or two) of vino to settle the nerves! ;)

Ah wow - I could have been on the inaugural or your cruise coming up as my circumstances changed in between booking the cruise and now darn it! Er yes I think our time on board will be enhanced by going through the cocktail menu, all research for CC of course! :halo::')

Ah wow - I could have been on the inaugural or your cruise coming up as my circumstances changed in between booking the cruise and now darn it! Er yes I think our time on board will be enhanced by going through the cocktail menu, all research for CC of course! :halo::')

Sure, it's all in the name of research for CC, don't cha know - the eating, the drinking, having the craic.

Believe me, your week will come (and go LOL) quicker than you think! Then I'll be the one jealous of you being onboard while I'm home here reading your reports and watching your videos.

From watching one of the earliest videos, it's clear that Segafredo coffee is being served on Meraviglia. There was a zoom in on a cup with the brand image. I don't drink coffee so it doesn't matter to me.

2.45 mins in

I'm in agreement with you about the buffet.

Thank you very much!...

As I may be aware of, the YC is Nespresso brand coffee... Wonderful!... Sadly for "steerage" they jumped for Segafredo. Maybe lots of complaints from the Italians? Perharps, But they need to realize they're a true multinational mainstream cruise line these days!... :)

Have a nice sailing!... :)

As I may be aware of, the YC is Nespresso brand coffee... Wonderful!... Sadly for "steerage" they jumped for Segafredo. Maybe lots of complaints from the Italians? Perharps, But they need to realize they're a true multinational mainstream cruise line these days!... :)

Have a nice sailing!... :)

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to it!

Yes, I believe there are Nespresso machines in the YC cabins. We have an unused one here so no big deal for us. Sometimes I feel I'm missing out by not drinking coffee when I see/hear discussions around the topic. But I just can't stomach even the smell of it!

Thanks for linking this all up together for us Bea you are so helpful, have an amazing holiday and I'm looking forward to seeing what you think. We have to wait till October and in a Fantastica balcony but the ship looks amazing and the days can't go fast enough!

Thanks for linking this all up together for us Bea you are so helpful, have an amazing holiday and I'm looking forward to seeing what you think. We have to wait till October and in a Fantastica balcony but the ship looks amazing and the days can't go fast enough!

Thank you for saying so!

I'm hoping to post some stuff live next week but I'll be using an iPad and android phone rather than my macBook so don't know how I'll get on with posting photos. Depends on internet access, too.

If it doesn't work out I'll do what I can when I get back.

Bea - the excitement levels must be really kicking in for you now - looking forward to what you can show us onboard (fingers crossed!) and have a great holiday! :D

Cheers Kikki.

I don't normally do reviews and I'm still finding my way around posting photos on here so I can't promise anything other than I'll do what I can. I can get by on my macBook but I'm not having any luck on my iPad (which I'll be using). I've been trying out different apps to use to upload photos but I'm not having much success. I signed up to photobucket but it didn't use the username I inputted so I cancelled the account and now it won't let me set up a new one! I haven't been too pushed before about posting photos but as there is so little on the forum about the ship I thought I'd make the effort.

Edited by Beamafar

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to it!

Yes, I believe there are Nespresso machines in the YC cabins. We have an unused one here so no big deal for us. Sometimes I feel I'm missing out by not drinking coffee when I see/hear discussions around the topic. But I just can't stomach even the smell of it!

I can confirm that there is a Nespresso Machine in the YC cabins:)

Today er are in Malta an in 35 minutes we set sail for Barcelona :)Welcome onboard Bea:) MSC MERAVIGLIA awaits you:)