Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

Another video:

Unlike the others, I fast-forwarded this one in places.

This is the second time I've seen a balcony without chairs & footstool - am I missing something?

Edited by Beamafar

Nice of someone to post a video of a duplex cabin where we will be next January! :D

Cabin and balcony looks great. The sofa / bed seems a bit small though? I think my wife and I may have to sleep there so our ever growing teenagers can have the bed upstairs split into two.

No images from Yacht Club, either. Hopefully Gina, the site editor, will be posting soon. However, she mentioned Cruise Critic's Facebook page. Wonder if there's anything on there, yet?

PS Lots of photos - hooray, I've just seen a YC balcony cabin with the sofa situated beside the balcony door!

The Yacht Club Restaurant looks so different to those on the Fantasia class. I thought it was the Top Sail Lounge, at first. Of course, now that it's at the front of the ship, it has the fantastic panorama vista.

There are 2 whirlpools in the Spa thermal suite - one even includes beds and heated, marble loungers next to it.

The entrance to the buffet has sinks for handwashing in recessed alcoves.

Edited by Beamafar

Another video. This time of the fabulous LED sky (Freemont Street comes to Meraviglia :p) :

And a very short clip of the not-so-nice weather being experienced at sea:

One about the boutiques onboard:

And another short of a YC balcony cabin:

Edited by Beamafar

Nice of someone to post a video of a duplex cabin where we will be next January! :D

Cabin and balcony looks great. The sofa / bed seems a bit small though? I think my wife and I may have to sleep there so our ever growing teenagers can have the bed upstairs split into two.

Thanks for posting this! Going in Aurea Duplex suite at the beginning of August on our first ever cruise. I think we're going to be spoilt!

Switches for 'Do Not Disturb' and 'Make up Room'.

I was LOL at the picture for 'Make Up Room' which looked like a woman with a rake! How messy do they think the passengers will be? ;)

I really don't like the bed beside the balcony! Also, the colour scheme and the 'strange' throw on the bed - not very attractive.

To me, this looked like one of those rubberized covers they use on the bed on embarkation/disembarkation. It is to protect the linens, so you can place your suitcases on the bed for packing/unpacking without damaging them. The first evening they are taken away and you don't see them again until the end of the cruise. We have seen these covers on many other cruise lines.

I was LOL at the picture for 'Make Up Room' which looked like a woman with a rake! How messy do they think the passengers will be? ;)

Too funny!

To me, this looked like one of those rubberized covers they use on the bed on embarkation/disembarkation. It is to protect the linens, so you can place your suitcases on the bed for packing/unpacking without damaging them. The first evening they are taken away and you don't see them again until the end of the cruise. We have seen these covers on many other cruise lines.

Thanks, Helen - I'd never seen them before. Gee, it's so obvious when it's spelt out LOL.

Thanks for posting this! Going in Aurea Duplex suite at the beginning of August on our first ever cruise. I think we're going to be spoilt!

Yes not sure how our family will ever sail in a 'normal' cabin again after this experience. :D And the pricing was amazing - this MSC suite was about ⅓ the price of a duplex type suite on Royal Caribbean for an equivalent length cruise we would normally take from Australia!!

Good morning from Vigo 😀 Here is an update to Bea and others. First of all, we are having a great time in onboard the massive MSC Meraviglia. If you have booked you can look forward to a wonderful ship. And the ship is BIG. She is totally different than her large fleetmates in the Fantasia Class. The interiors are simpler and more minimalistic. In both a positive and a negative way. Positive because the passenger flow and openness of the ship is better, negative because there is much less intimate atmosphere and much less art onboard. She is less Italian and more international in her interiors in my opinion. But you can clearly see that se belongs to MSC. We are now getting used to the new Top Sail Lounge layout. No smoking there. The YC Restaurant is awesome with great views. The menu is totally different. Gone are the 7 courses menu. There is more starters, main courses and desserts to choose from. The portions are quite small but you can choose as many you want:) Great service as usual in YC and they are doing what they can for you. Some minor issues the first evening but nothing serious except from e espresso machine breakdown:') We are very happy with the cabin. Very quiet. Yesterday on the Bay Of Biscayne was quite rocky and we had quite a lot of movement of the ship. She sails very smoothly :) after the YC our favourite spot onboard is the Champagne Bar in the Atrium on deck 7. Ok, that's all for now, it's time to explore Vigo in a sunny weather. :)

Great to hear from you, NC. Very interesting observations. Delighted to hear about the new menus - sounds like there are a lot more choices available which is good news for me as I'm a picky eater!

I saw a video of the rough sea and thought of how must feel like at the top and front of ship - I've been there, before. Glad to know that the ship sails smoothly through it.

Sounds like there aren't really any hiccups considering this is her first sailing. She must have been pretty well finished off beforehand. Fair play, MSC, if that's the case.

DH won't be too happy to hear about the no smoking policy in the Top Sail lounge. Looks like he'll be hanging out in the Brass Anchor more than we thought! Thank goodness the drinks are shipwide, now LOL!

Have fun and hope to hear more over the coming days. ;p

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks a lot Bea :) I have just uploaded a video from the One Pool deck on my YouTube channel. As I only have a smartphone I'm not sure how to link it here but search for MSC Meraviglia, Yacht Club The One Pool Deck. It's amazing here now, clear skies, Rosewine and a cabana:cool:

Cheers!

I can put the link up here for you:

It looks amazing! I don't think I can contain my excitement. It's going to be a loooonnnng 10 days! Hope it is for you, too, and that the time doesn't go all too fast for you.

Thanks a lot Bea :) I have just uploaded a video from the One Pool deck on my YouTube channel. As I only have a smartphone I'm not sure how to link it here but search for MSC Meraviglia, Yacht Club The One Pool Deck. It's amazing here now, clear skies, Rosewine and a cabana:cool:

Cheers!

Excellent, thank you!

So glad to see the area is now wind protected. I almost flew away while visiting the MSC Fantasia YC during the ship tour [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't wait to show the video to DH. He's busy sorting out his clothes for the cruise! Best I leave him to it LOL. It needs to be done now so that I've time enough to assess what he's got and what needs buying before the packing can be done. :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot Bea :) I have just uploaded a video from the One Pool deck on my YouTube channel.

That is a great video, thank you bea for supplying the link and of course Per for posting it on youtube.

Very good quality, very steady video (without any wobbling :-) ).

Great video NorwegianCruiser :D - I am a bit confused as it says Aurea customers have their own private sun deck but where is it?

Can anyone enlighten me please?

So glad you are enjoying the ship though!